Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Value comfortable Deisel for 1000km per week

• 06-03-2010 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Hi

I currently travel an average of 1,000KM per week throughout Portugal and Spain and I need to buy a car in the next couple of months.

I would buy in Spain where prices are approx. 20% less than Ireland with Brands like Seat/Peugeot/Renault been a little cheaper because they are manufactured here.

however my biggest concern is the ongoing running costs for Fuel and Maintenance.

I used to have a Seat Leon 1.9TDi which was giving me 1000km per tank this would be the sort of efficency that I need. I´m also concidering the Seat Altea as I often carry 4 passengers and luggage.

I would love to have a 320D or A4/A6 but they are a little expensive

What I really want to know is: what cars are comparable to the Leon in the same Class?

Thanks

Mayotom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

Well a golf and an Octavia are virtually the same car why not have a look at them? The Octavia would suit your passenger and luggage needs very well and is pretty comfy too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

had an astra 1.9d estate...
    design spec...... very nice to drive and on long pen road trips was gettng over 1000km to the tank.....
    highly recommend them...

but what ever car you do decide on make sure the spec is as high as possible... makes the journey that bit nicer when doing high mileage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

That thing is a 3 door??

Advertisement