Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receiveing RTL/ZDF in Ireland.

Options
  • 05-03-2010 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hallo!
    Bit of a long shot but I'm just wondering if there is any way getting the main German TV stations through manualling tuning a sky box in Ireland. Just trying to keep the college German fresh. I know DW-TV is available but the subject matter is a bit too heavy! Tried Googling etc without success,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,530 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

alpha2zulu wrote: »
    Hallo!
    Bit of a long shot but I'm just wondering if there is any way getting the main German TV stations through manualling tuning a sky box in Ireland. Just trying to keep the college German fresh. I know DW-TV is available but the subject matter is a bit too heavy! Tried Googling etc without success,

Most of the german stuff is on Astra 1 @ 19E, where as Sky is on Astra 2 @ 28E.

Even if you re-point the to Astra 1, the sky box would not work, you would need some class of a FTA box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Most of the german stuff is on Astra 1 @ 19E, where as Sky is on Astra 2 @ 28E.

Even if you re-point the to Astra 1, the sky box would not work, you would need some class of a FTA box.

Thats a pity, thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

http://www.zdf.de/
    http://www.ard.de/

you probably have this figured out already, but just in case!
    you can watch pretty much everything online, and if you miss something (i.e. don't understand something), it's handy for skipping back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Danny1980

You can also watch plenty of things on www.rtl-now.de or www.voxnow.de or www.kabeleins.de

I often watch german things online. Unfortunately, not all shows can be shown abroad, unless you know to cheat around your IP and make it a german one (-;

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Danny1980 wrote: »
    You can also watch plenty of things on www.rtl-now.de or www.voxnow.de or www.kabeleins.de

I often watch german things online. Unfortunately, not all shows can be shown abroad, unless you know to cheat around your IP and make it a german one (-;

That has something to do with the TV licences in Germany and the company who looks after them ('GEZ'). You are not allowed to watch the telly for free in Germany, so why should you abroad? ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement