Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kino cinema to close

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I would venture to guess I've been 4 times since this time last year, and that might be an exaggeration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

There's a rescue plan in place, apparently. Someone was telling me that tonight - didn't get all the details though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭nacl

sovkhoz wrote: »
    I read this and really shouted NOOO at the computer
    I'm going to cry! This can't happen!!

Things may not be so bleak after all going by this message on Facebook-

On 12th November 2009 Mick Hannigan and representatives of Friends of Kino Trust and steering committee met the City Manager, Joe Gavin, Valerie O’Sullivan (director of services: recreation, amenity and culture) and Liz Meaney, city arts officer, in relation to the future of the Kino cinema. The meeting was very constructive and further meetings are planned. In the meanwhile please continue to show your support by going to the Kino and enjoying the excellent programme.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=210189208344&ref=mf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭glanman

what is the news with the kino?

have looked at the facebook and site and not much is happening it seems:(

I haven't been in the city for a while so would appreciate an update...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,446 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

glanman wrote: »
    what is the news with the kino?

have looked at the facebook and site and not much is happening it seems:(

I haven't been in the city for a while so would appreciate an update...

probably another big hyped up thing with lots of people pledging their support (anyone joining these 'active' groups) and after a while the fad wears off and beneath the melodramatic emotions it turns out to be just another non-profit yielding business wrapping up, happens every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭corkgal1981

The Opera House are showing films in the meantime via the Cineclub. Theres info on www.corkoperahouse.ie :)

Advertisement