Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hints and tips for mw2

• 26-02-2010 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭

Post your hints and tips for mw2 .

I'm sure most people know about this one.
    Have a one man army class , have another class with hardline, lets say you have your killstreak set as predator / harriers and pavelow.
    Get your 5 kills use your predator ,switch to hardline and you have harriers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭noshankus

Goes without saying, but:

Tip #1
    Always have an air support class with cold-blooded! And if you die, switch to it. Don't expect someone else to do it for you.

Tip #2
    Expect claymores in the most common areas

Tip #3
    Never destroy an enemy tactical insertion - wait till he re-spawns and kill him! - Can be considered camping to a degree though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Use headphones. Being able to hear were someone is coming from is a massive advantage. Listen for footsteps. Its saved and helped me lots of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

on tip 3 there just plant a claymore beside the tact insertion and it will get the kill for you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dymo

I'd like to see some tips when using the sentry gun, I have it barely set up and next its been disarmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Try and put it in a high area over looking a decent patch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭noshankus

Or put it in a location where they can can only get to the back of it by going a certain route. Then guard that route. Or plant a claymore right behind it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

You unlock your Magnum at level 26. To quickly unlock the tactical knife attachment, use the default first recon class. For each kill you get with tactical knife, it also counts as a 'kill' with your magnum.

Therefore, you effectively unlock tactical knife without having to kill 1 person with the actual magnum. Then create your custom class with tactical knife icon10.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭claiva

Enigma IE wrote: »
    You unlock your Magnum at level 26. To quickly unlock the tactical knife attachment, use the default first recon class. For each kill you get with tactical knife, it also counts as a 'kill' with your magnum.

Therefore, you effectively unlock tactical knife without having to kill 1 person with the actual magnum. Then create your custom class with tactical knife icon10.gif

Yo dude,
    don't be encouraging more "Witches"....!!!!
    Good tip though....used it myself twice.

I love Witching but find it harder these days to rack up more than 3 kills in a row before being blown to bits by the 1887's !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

noshankus wrote: »
    Goes without saying, but:

Tip #1
    Always have an air support class with cold-blooded! And if you die, switch to it. Don't expect someone else to do it for you.

Tip #2
    Expect claymores in the most common areas

Tip #3
    Never destroy an enemy tactical insertion - wait till he re-spawns and kill him! - Can be considered camping to a degree though.

for tip 3 there normally nearby . set up a claymore and then kill him :) or get ready to turn and shoot :D

Dymo wrote: »
    I'd like to see some tips when using the sentry gun, I have it barely set up and next its been disarmed.

put it in a corner or with its back to something players have a tendancy to find a sentry gun then attempting the get as close as possible in the hopes when it blows them away there guts will clog the mechanism

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Dymo wrote: »

Put it up as high as possible with a good view, think this was mentioned above.

I still remember playing Highrise when I got 2 sentry guns, one from a care package, and put the two up high each side of the chopper - I had a great time watching the opposing team getting mauled and not being able to disable them! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭danishidiot

Big tip;

The moment you see an enemy/you are seen, drop prone and fire. It gives less surface area for the enemy to fire at and is a huge advantage!
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I got a really good tip of someone on another thread from someone here.
    Don't run around corners. If there's someone around there, it takes longer to aim when you're running. If you walk, you have a much better chance of killing him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Trade it in on friday and get bad company 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Big tip;

The moment you see an enemy/you are seen, drop prone and fire. It gives less surface area for the enemy to fire at and is a huge advantage!
    ;)

Only if you are playing against good players, i find most people that are new to the game , when they are running they are pointing downwards, so when you dropshot they get a headshot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Tip 1# Don't walk in dark alleys :)

Meatwad wrote: »
    Trade it in on friday and get bad company 2

ha ha i enjoy the game but still WIN for the comment u left lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭MurfyAthea

MUST HAVE!!!!

G18 akimbo!! serios yokes:D

Shammy wrote: »
    Only if you are playing against good players, i find most people that are new to the game , when they are running they are pointing downwards, so when you dropshot they get a headshot :D

watcha mean.....is it if i jump off a bulidin facing down il get a headshot?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

MurfyAthea wrote: »
    MUST HAVE!!!!

G18 akimbo!! serios yokes:D

I find the G18 has savage kick. Much prefer the Raffica. Far better in my experience. You can have effectively constant fire going, when you use akimbo, as each gun has a 3 burst.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

tip #infinity - dont watch Tallons videos for tips :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

shawpower wrote: »
    I find the G18 has savage kick. Much prefer the Raffica. Far better in my experience. You can have effectively constant fire going, when you use akimbo, as each gun has a 3 burst.

just started using the raffica with stopping power..its unreal..cant wait till i get the akimbo

Dont use dem a lot but must give it a try so man! must unlock akimbo for em 1st dow :mad: i was playin in wasteland der a about an hour ago with d scar h...h/beat sensor n sil;encer with g18 akimbo n silencer....was at 12-1 ...called in da harriers n was 1 away frm a chopper gunner when no gud host avaliable:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Vargulf

Can anyone tell me if you equip an assault rifle with the shotgun attachment and with FMJ does it increase the damage of the shotgun attachment or just the rifle.

Thanks.

Vargulf wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if you equip an assault rifle with the shotgun attachment and with FMJ does it increase the damage of the shotgun attachment or just the rifle.

Thanks.

FMJ doesn't increase damage at all, it just limits the decrease in damage when fired through materials

Read all the info here: http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/FMJ

Jev/N wrote: »
    FMJ doesn't increase damage at all, it just limits the decrease in damage when fired through materials

Read all the info here: http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/FMJ

but sure the damage bar increases a little when add them on ? i thought it increased damadge and increased the list of objects you can fire through

sierra117x wrote: »
    but sure the damage bar increases a little when add them on ? i thought it increased damadge and increased the list of objects you can fire through

did you look at that link?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

only tip I can give is that you are an utter nutjob not using Cold Blooded as a Perk,,,saved me sooooo many deaths

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

callaway92 wrote: »
    only tip I can give is that you are an utter nutjob not using Cold Blooded as a Perk,,,saved me sooooo many deaths

Out of interest, how do you know this? Is it that the person did shoot at your when you're looking right at them? (Cold Blooded Pro would help here without the name in red). If not, how can you know about the absence of times someone shot at you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

Out of interest, how do you know this? Is it that the person did shoot at your when you're looking right at them? (Cold Blooded Pro would help here without the name in red). If not, how can you know about the absence of times someone shot at you?

He could mean against air support. Not showing up for Chopper Gunners, AC130's or Pavelows is priceless, i only use cold blooded for sniper and anti-Air classes. It's extremly satisfying bringing down a big gun as soon as it enters the map, generally only possible with ColdBlooded.

Advertisement