Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prestige edition night vision goggles.

Options
  • 20-02-2010 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

I got these and think they are fantastic but wondering did anybody else them?

Just wondering about the quality compared to other NVG's that can be bought?

And does anybody yet know official numbers that came to Ireland? I think it was about 150 but not too sure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I got them and they are so much fun to play around with. They look heavy and uncomfortable but are actually fine.

I don't know how many came to Ireland but there is still a set for sale in a limerick shop. Still full price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Yeah I agree 100%.

Didn't believe they would be real working and was amazed when I first put them on.

At the start they were great fun but now to me they are just there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

got real ones....but never used those ones so i cant compare.

as far as i know the ones in the box are generation 1.
    the military use like generation 4.

i have like a generation 2 or 3

Oh so there is different grades of them.

And I think they are great anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_vision_device

yep

yours are generation 1

and we wont speak of my generation two ones from now on....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Please stick to discussion of the goggles themselves and not the fact that you are selling them. If someone wants to buy them they'll go to adverts.ie

So, these are useful in the game campaign itself but how does anyone use them in Online Multiplayer?

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Please stick to discussion of the goggles themselves and not the fact that you are selling them. If someone wants to buy them they'll go to adverts.ie

So, these are useful in the game campaign itself but how does anyone use them in Online Multiplayer?
    They aren't linked to the game at all except for the infinity ward and modern warfare branding. They are full sized night vision goggles which can be used for anything that involves darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

r3nu4l wrote: »

MP doesn't actually have a night vision mode like the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Jackobyte wrote: »
    They aren't linked to the game at all except for the infinity ward and modern warfare branding. They are full sized night vision goggles which can be used for anything that involves darkness.
    Yeah but they are used for any nightime/darkness levels in MW2. I think most people who bought them were sure that there would be at least one MP map similar to Wetwork or even Chinatown in MW1.
    LD 50 wrote: »
    MP doesn't actually have a night vision mode like the first game.
    Exactly, seems like IW either missed a trick there or they are planning multiple DLC maps perhaps with a 'dark' set of maps. Either way, so far those who bought the goggles haven't had much opportunity to use them!

Oh yes people have a chance to use them every night. :p

But I agree with the dark map idea although I think maybe only 1 or 2 'dark' maps in a download instead of 4 or 5 of them.

I like what the did in World at War with the map 'makin' where the set the day and night.

I would like if they did that with some maps in Modern Warfare 2.

• Advertisement

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Oh yes people have a chance to use them every night. :p

But I agree with the dark map idea although I think maybe only 1 or 2 'dark' maps in a download instead of 4 or 5 of them.

I like what the did in World at War with the map 'makin' where the set the day and night.

I would like if they did that with some maps in Modern Warfare 2.
    Highrise at night would be unreal.

Advertisement