Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where can I collect my lotto winnings??

Options
  • 21-02-2010 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi I got 5 numbers in the main lotto draw last night, where can I collect it?? Do I have to go to our main post office??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Any agent WITH CONSENT can pay it out. I pay out 5 numbers - subject to having the cash. Go into your local shop and have a quiet chat with the manager and see if he can do it. Where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭metoyouxxx

Any agent WITH CONSENT can pay it out. I pay out 5 numbers - subject to having the cash. Go into your local shop and have a quiet chat with the manager and see if he can do it. Where are you?

I'm In South Tipperary.

Go to any big lotto agents in your area and have a quiet chat with them. It says clearly on the ticket that you have to go to a post office so DO NOT demand they cash it. You will be laughed at. You may get a shop who can do it but they dont have to. Two grand is a lot of cash to hand out.

Failing that, post office tomorrow or drive to me in Dublin (LOL)

Go to any big lotto agents in your area and have a quiet chat with them. It says clearly on the ticket that you have to go to a post office so DO NOT demand they cash it. You will be laughed at. You may get a shop who can do it but they dont have to. Two grand is a lot of cash to hand out.

Failing that, post office tomorrow or drive to me in Dublin (LOL)

If I drove to Dublin tomorrow I'd have it all spent in 10 mins LOL ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cahir??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭RocketRonnie

I'l give ya 40 quid and 6 All Cash first thing in the morning!
    Willing to travel...

no not in Cahir...... will the shop/post office get some sort of bonus or something??????

metoyouxxx wrote: »
    no not in Cahir...... will the shop/post office get some sort of bonus or something??????

Not that I am aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Look up your local main post office on line, or in your phone book, and give them a ring in the morning - they'll tell you where you can get your cash, as not every post office or agent can pay out large amounts. You'll have a form to fill in - have some ID with you ... and don't spend it all at once :) !

PS: the shop that SOLD the ticket might get a bonus I think - they do with the very large amounts anyway.

iora_rua wrote: »
    Look up your local main post office on line, or in your phone book, and give them a ring in the morning - they'll tell you where you can get your cash, as not every post office or agent can pay out large amounts. You'll have a form to fill in - have some ID with you ... and don't spend it all at once :) !

PS: the shop that SOLD the ticket might get a bonus I think - they do with the very large amounts anyway.

Dont know about any form. I pay out 5 numbers regularly and just need the ticket. I ring the lottery to unlock my machine and thats it. Of course its only if I have the cash available AND I can afford to be without it for a week or so.

The shop gets no bonus for 5 numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Dont know about any form. I pay out 5 numbers regularly and just need the ticket. I ring the lottery to unlock my machine and thats it. Of course its only if I have the cash available AND I can afford to be without it for a week or so.

The shop gets no bonus for 5 numbers.
    OK, just checked with the source of my info - it was a three figure sum on a scratch card, not the Lotto, but he definitely had to go to the main post office in Limerick - and fill in a form to collect his winnings.

The last big payout I made on a scratch card was 250 euro and I carnt remember if I had to ring up to authorise it.

The OP has 5 numbers on a lotto which in last nights draw is worth 2000 euro.

Shops can pay that, if they have it, with the agents consent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Whats the deadline or timeframe allowed to claim a winning ticket?

I've got one from 16th Jan for a fiver

Nulty wrote: »
    Whats the deadline or timeframe allowed to claim a winning ticket?

I've got one from 16th Jan for a fiver

Assuming you are talking about a lotto ticket, its 90 days.

If its a scratch card, its so many days after the announcement of the end of that particular game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Cheers superscouse

I just read the back of the ticket.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭candlemouse

What type of bank account is able to accommodate a >€1 million cheque ?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭umop-apisdn

What type of bank account is able to accommodate a >€1 million cheque ?

Mine!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Zombie thread.
    Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement