Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Want to change VPS provider for hosting

Options
  • 18-02-2010 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello,

I want to switch from my current provider of the Virtual Private Server (VPS). Not happy with my current provider as there is constantly issues arising.

Now I am thinking of switching the VPS to Hosting Ireland in Waterford. But I need to know a few things before I move the VPS and all the hosting accounts over to them.

1. Are they reliable?
    2. Has anyone got any information I should know before switching?

Hopefully some answers and advice can help me make a decision.

Thanks in advanced.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Best thing is to maybe give them a ring or arrange a meeting - see what their facilities are like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TechFix

Sposs wrote: »
    Best thing is to maybe give them a ring or arrange a meeting - see what their facilities are like.

I was speaking to them on the phone the other day, there servers are based in the UK with an Irish IP address, they seem pretty fine on the phone and when I was discussing the deal they could do for me they were excellent with negotiating.

Have you ever had any experience with Hosting Ireland, because I hope I am making the right decision by going there.

PS: thanks for the reply

Advertisement