Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dinosaur Encounter in the Ambo!!!!

• 29-12-2009 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

OHMYGOWDOHMYGOWDOHMYGOWD!!!!! :eek:
    Admission is only a tenner.
    The Ambassador Theatre in association with the Natural History Museum, London, is proud to present DINOSAUR ENCOUNTER, a blockbuster exhibition which will allow you come face to face with the world's largest known land animals - ancient creatures of mystery and intrigue!

Unleash adventure and leap into the non-stop thrill ride that is DINOSAUR ENCOUNTER and marvel at moving, ROARING dinosaurs all at the Ambassador Theatre Dublin!

Nobody has ever seen a living dinosaur, but scientists can give us a good idea of what they looked like and how they moved. We often imagine dinosaurs as colossal flesh-eating beasts that lived on our planet for an incredible 160 million years. Some were indeed gigantic, but many were only as heavy as a Labrador dog and many were vegetarian!

Did you know that the Ornithomimus could run faster than an Olympic sprinter? See how the sociable Triceratops lived in herds, caring for and protecting their young. Meet Dilophosaurus, a relative of the first dinosaur found in Scotland. Come face to face with the mighty Tyrannosaurus rex, one of the fiercest land predators ever known. This massive animatronic model, 4 metres tall and 7 metres long, is so lifelike you'll think it's the real thing! Walk past the head of a hungry Tyrannosaurus and watch as his terrifying jaws go SNAP!

Step into a land that time forgot and meet the most awesome creatures that ever roamed the Earth...This fascinating new exhibition will open December 22nd 2009 for a limited run
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Dinosaur-Encounters-tickets/artist/1021135

15518a

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

I went on Saturday with my 6 yr old niece.
    She's just started getting an interest in Dinosaurs, and she was pretty underwhelmed. She was disappointed at the lack of a life sized Brachiosaurus(its her favourite Dino so far. But we haven't gotten to Stegosaurs or ankylosaurs in the herbivore section of her book yet not to mention the Carnivores so I reckon that'll change.)

The highlight of the exhibit is the T.Rex but again you can see everything in 20 minutes ...if you take your time. And there was a full size Maiasaur skeleton which was good for scale.

Ten quid each so didn't cost the earth but I thought they could have done more with it.

I'm thinking of bringing my nephew (3) to it.
    Any gift shop where you can buy odd looking rubber dinosaurs from China in?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

Galvasean wrote: »
    I'm thinking of bringing my nephew (3) to it.
    Any gift shop where you can buy odd looking rubber dinosaurs from China in?

I didnt see one they could have made a killing if they had :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ma10

Do you have to pre-book the tickets or can you just pay at the door?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Thought it was very poor tbh. Badly laid out, and you could literally go through everything in five to ten minutes.

Glad I went to Walking With Dinosaurs in Liverpool last year though, as it really showed the difference between a professional well run event, and a mickey mouse event like Dinosaur Encounter.

Ma10 wrote: »
    Do you have to pre-book the tickets or can you just pay at the door?

You can pay at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭the immortals

its an absolute rip off, went with my 2 kids, took us 5 minutes to see everything, what a scam,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 nicknite86

This is awesome!! Thanks for posting, I'm a big fan of Pre-historic animals/life. I've been to Natural History Museum twice last year. I could read anything from Mammoths to ancient plant life and Velociraptors for hours or days. I should take a class or something...

Is this exhibit still open??

email me:

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

Brought my 4 year old nephew to this and he enjoyed it. Don't expect to get anything more than about 15 minutes out of it though.

• Advertisement

nicknite86 wrote: »
    Is this exhibit still open??

email me:

It is. I have emailed you and removed your email address from your post in case anyone decides to spam you).

Went to see this last week. Wasn't too bad. The animatronics were decent enough. Personally though I got more of a kick out of the fossils on display (Maiasaura skeleton, Triceratops, T. rex, Allosaurus, Herrerasaurus and Eoraptor skulls, parts of a Deinonychus etc.). There was also a room at the end of the tour showing Walking With Dinosaurs on a big screen.

Overall not too bad, just don't expect to be blown away. Seems very pricey at €10 when you consider entry to the Natural History Museum in London is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭the immortals

cant believe anyone thinks this is good, its a major rip off, you see everthing in 5 minutes and then you can watch a bbc dvd. wow,

Dinosaurs must be well popular as this has been extended (again) until August 29!
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Dinosaur-Encounters-tickets/artist/1021135

I mean, it's great to see stuff to do with dinosaurs doing well, but this exhibiton aint even that good! :eek:

Advertisement