Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

childcare assistance cuts

Options
  • 08-02-2010 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

need to vent...

I CANT BELIEVE THE COLLEGE CUT OUT THE CHILDCARE FUND WITH NO NOTICE TO ANYONE!

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH.... there not making it easy to stay in college...:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

can you give some more information about it?

I have a few friends who use this service and i dont think they know about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

I am with you i was really annoyed about this last week I still am as i had 60 euro to do me for the week I am skint my children have had to do with sparse lunches this week. I could not believe how ignorant whoever is responsible for this 2 weeks warning and I would not be ranting. Sending an email on the 29th to say collect payment which I might add covers half the childcare cost not full amount. Go out to collect payment to be greeted with sorry college audit means no more childcare wtf like. No warning nothing. I'm not letting this sit by the way i have voiced my disgust in this as it is I will not be able to stay in college me and my 2 children cannot live on 60 euro a week. It is only people getting the grant who has got the cut by the way which did make up my other half of childcare, bills and course materials. Who would be best to contact about this highland radio politicians. I dont think students should accept this treatment especially when the college cannot even provide a creche for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

can you give some more information about it?

I have a few friends who use this service and i dont think they know about it.

i dont have any more info sorry! I went to collect my cheque and was told id been cut off just like that. the ones cut off were the ones getting the full grant. I know some people are still getting it. its such a balls. between this and the grants being reduced as well im down 170 euro a month:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

loca1 wrote: »
    I am with you i was really annoyed about this last week I still am as i had 60 euro to do me for the week I am skint my children have had to do with sparse lunches this week. I could not believe how ignorant whoever is responsible for this 2 weeks warning and I would not be ranting. Sending an email on the 29th to say collect payment which I might add covers half the childcare cost not full amount. Go out to collect payment to be greeted with sorry college audit means no more childcare wtf like. No warning nothing. I'm not letting this sit by the way i have voiced my disgust in this as it is I will not be able to stay in college me and my 2 children cannot live on 60 euro a week. It is only people getting the grant who has got the cut by the way which did make up my other half of childcare, bills and course materials. Who would be best to contact about this highland radio politicians. I dont think students should accept this treatment especially when the college cannot even provide a creche for us.

the payment didnt even cover half my childcare! like you i will have 50 euro left for the week after paying the creche some of what i owe them today, i hadnt even enough to give them the whole amount, felt so bad but i just didnt have it to give:mad:

Advertisement