Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TA Events - 2010 heads up

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Hmm, so we going on the green team, might go all patriotic and do the irish look then.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

order a us marines replica Mtv to go with the full marpat loadout ,
    no back to brit or acu grrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Masada wrote: »
    Hmm, so we going on the green team, might go all patriotic and do the irish look then.,:)
    In your french CCE then?

Gatling : they dont wear the mtv now :) they used to :P

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Firekitten wrote: »
    Gatling : they dont wear the mtv now :) they used to :P

your thinking OTV interceptor the latest issue is the MTV totaly different to the interceptor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I've a spare set of tiger stripe I'll lend you ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Russian side for me , I'm going to assume for puding also.

anyone else ???

As they say in command and conquer : "for the union"

Gatling wrote: »
    your thinking OTV interceptor the latest issue is the MTV totaly different to the interceptor
    Mtv was the 'spartan' vest... the new one is the SPC or scalable plate carrier consisting of plate carrier with fastex side buckles, cummerbund, and optional but used side armour pouches... Current Issue in Afganistan as the MTV is universally hated for being bulky, and annoying.

Paul: yes, Puding me and some others are going Russian forces :)
    (Id go usmc as im a devildogsofter, but its multispam...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I think the Irish look to be going green, although I reckon there are enough of us that we don't need to stick to one side. It would be epic to have an all-irish platoon, though.

Rocking flecktarn myself. My fleck actually fits me, shocker, so I just need a vest.

Well come russian like us and embrace the kalashnikov :D you know you want to Davey :D I'll even let you paint the ak74 a bit tan if it helps you feel better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I've got some OD sets, but no vest...and was planning on buying a big ****off tan vest, just for this.

So I think I'll just go Tan and **** your trip up on my own ;)

Nah green might be good for a change, if previous events are anything to go by, Green sides need a serious helping hand ;)

But ya can get the boat if you think I'm using an AK.

• Advertisement

Are you goin on the oposite team again this time Pud?

Just wondering as were having a wager on how many hours we'll have to spare when we kick yas out of the town again...

:p

TheDoc wrote: »

But ya can get the boat if you think I'm using an AK.
    So you're going to get a flight over then not the ferry? ;)

Be speshul forces , but we know the forces of commusoft always prevail in these things...

Are you goin on the oposite team again this time Pud?

Just wondering as were having a wager on how many hours we'll have to spare when we kick yas out of the town again...

:p

Apperently they're going to write the cease fire rules in big letters and demonstrate what it means for those who had problems understanding last time.

/Token p**sing contest over

From TA events twitter:
    A 2nd BattleSim game will also be at Sennybridge on the 25th/26th September. More information soon.
    We are aiming to organise a TacOps game for this summer. Venue and date are still to be confirmed.

horgan_p wrote: »
    Apperently they're going to write the cease fire rules in big letters and demonstrate what it means for those who had problems understanding last time.

/Token p**sing contest over
    Funny.... that same side did the same exact thing at the uprising too... It must be sennybridge air...
    Would be nice if some folk listened to the rules this time around and stopped gloating over the fact they broke that rule and 'kicked everyone out of an EMPTY town.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    A 2nd BattleSim game will also be at Sennybridge on the 25th/26th September. More information soon.
    We are aiming to organise a TacOps game for this summer. Venue and date are still to be confirmed.

my Birthday wekend - how thoughtful of them

Firekitten wrote: »
    Funny.... that same side did the same exact thing at the uprising too... It must be sennybridge air...
    Would be nice if some folk listened to the rules this time around and stopped gloating over the fact they broke that rule and 'kicked everyone out of an EMPTY town.

I didn't hear a ceasefire called at PR3 until Armenia were back in their base and we had the town. We were pulled back then all right.

I'm with you on the uprising though. I shoulda known it when I saw the teenagers with taped-together AKs and hicaps.

Fog of war is a bitch... and commanding airsofters somewhat akin to herding cats... Like I said, I think its the sennybridge air... apartfrom regulation spaced trees, the rain machine, and crosswind generators... I think they fitted confusion devices to the radios able to be used in the area.... confusion devices known as mouth pieces.

The enemy were the only ones that new anything about a ceasefire at PR3.,;) (infact, its new to me even now)

If there actually was one, then they didn't even let their own team know, who were fighting us all the way to building 8 (the last hold before their spawn), where we were asked to drop back and allow ya's back in,.,(marshalls with us all the time mind, knew nothin of any hold on the game either. :))

But thats old news, and this is for the next visit., cant wait, Slovenian DPM irish loadout for me of i go greenies.

would it be an idea to have a poll to see what team the greater numbers of irish players are going with? make it clearer for others that are coming along.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

would it be an idea to have a poll to see what team the greater numbers of irish players are going with? make it clearer for others that are coming along.

Yes, I think so. But it might be better to wait a little while, until the camo settles down. Some people might have to decide their faction based on what gear they have available.

• Advertisement

Good point B,
    I know of a couple of people at least that are talking if they need to get new loadouts for it.,

I'm thinking of going light – the SSG and one BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

But thats old news, and this is for the next visit.,

yes old news, but your the one bring it up all the time

does it matter? no , i can only talk about your experience but we got a call that a ceasefire had been called as someone had a head injury and an ambulance had been called and where asked to pull back, we did as instructed end of story

@ about all the crap, meet a load of new people when there and best thing is, had about 20 emails so far from guys i meet across the uk about if the cork team will attending the event again, to me that airsoft

will be going as ChDKZ with a small themed team that seems to be coming together, as mentioned on red badger this will hopfully tie in with the red dawn project and be coved for the website as such

Jeeezuz, talk about an overreaction to a bit of banter., are you on the rag Pudin? I didnt have you down as the sulky type, hit a nerve i suppose.,

never heard anything about a head injury though, there was a chap busted his knee earlier in the day but thats all i heard about.

anyway, i was only messing with ya, don't take it so seriously, it wasn't meant that way.

Jeeezuz, talk about an overreaction to a bit of banter., are you on the rag Pudin? I didnt have you down as the sulky type, hit a nerve i suppose.,

never heard anything about a head injury though, there was a chap busted his knee earlier in the day but thats all i heard about.

anyway, i was only messing with ya, don't take it so seriously, it wasn't meant that way.

overreaction maybe, but its how i feel at this point, this has just been going on and on and tbh its just getting rather old know

Puding wrote: »
    does it matter? no , i can only talk about your experience but we got a call that a ceasefire had been called as someone had a head injury and an ambulance had been called and where asked to pull back, we did as instructed end of story

If that was the incident where the guy ran down the hill and loafed the corner of a building (the building won), the marshals were great about repeating the Cease Fire call, but didn't tell everyone to Stand Fast after that. They were concentrating on dealing with the injury. That's where a lot of the confusion came from afterwards. Players from both sides withdrew for lunch, since they didn't have a lot of info to go on.

The guy was fine afterwards, he was back on site with a couple of stitches in about 4 hours though they didn't let him play again until the next day.

Lessons learned, chaps. As you were.

OzCam wrote: »
    If that was the incident where the guy ran down the hill and loafed the corner of a building (the building won), the marshals were great about repeating the Cease Fire call, but didn't tell everyone to Stand Fast after that. They were concentrating on dealing with the injury. That's where a lot of the confusion came from afterwards. Players from both sides withdrew for lunch, since they didn't have a lot of info to go on.

The guy was fine afterwards, he was back on site with a couple of stitches in about 4 hours though they didn't let him play again until the next day.

Lessons learned, chaps. As you were.

the problem came from the fact that no rules for a cease fire where in the rules so when it happened people reacted in different ways some stayed put some returned to respawn, this happened on both sides, there where a lot of rumours at the time and no one had a clear idea about what had really happened, so our commanders with no clear imagine choice to pull everyone back to respawn for lunch

as you say the most important thing is the guy was fine and i was rather impressed by actions of ta events staff and how fast they dealt with the situation

as i said i have nothing against players that carried on or stayed in position as different people where given different instructions again this happened on both sides

btw are the dublin guys going to stay untill the end this time? i know you got he earlier ferry back but some of your missed some great play as the clock ticked down on sunday

Puding wrote: »
    the problem came from the fact that no rules for a cease fire where in the rules so when it happened people reacted in different ways some stayed put some returned to respawn, this happened on both sides, there where a lot of rumours at the time and no one had a clear idea about what had really happened, so our commanders with no clear imagine choice to pull everyone back to respawn for lunch

as you say the most important thing is the guy was fine and i was rather impressed by actions of ta events staff and how fast they dealt with the situation

as i said i have nothing against players that carried on or stayed in position as different people where given different instructions again this happened on both sides

btw are the dublin guys going to stay untill the end this time? i know you got he earlier ferry back but some of your missed some great play as the clock ticked down on sunday

Yep, we got a later ferry from fishguard at the uprising and it worked out a lot better, so we should be there til the end this time (like last time :-)

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Yep, we got a later ferry from fishguard at the uprising and it worked out a lot better, so we should be there til the end this time (like last time :-)

we got the latter one at pr3 had a few hours to kill before the early ferry monday morning, managed to find a small cinema and watched some strange movie in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

F**k the ceasefire whats the pie like over there?

3 maybe 4 of us thinkin about going over, I'm not happy i cant be on the marines side so it will be u.s woodland & M16's on russians :D

Advertisement