Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

an post delays/customs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

Dont get me started on an post, I have a package from China that has reached my local depot, Its been there 3 days, i rang them today and they said they tried to deliver it 3 times but there is an issue with the address, I tried to give yer man the correct address and he said there was nothing he can do!, So its going back to china? WTF?

Oh and by the way, The Hong Kong post tracking isnt working, i have had 3 packages reach ireland and they still say processing for outbound delivery on the hong kong post website

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Have you got the letter Customs and Revenue sent? Does the package have the correct address? Use the official parcel number(found on the Customs and Revenue letter) and enter it to the mail tracker on the An Post site, when it arrives, bring the letter and collect it at your depot.

Tim, a bit of advice I was given by a mate, email them then follow the email up with a phone call the next day, keep calm (calmer that the person at An Post) and give all the relevant details. Then see if you can organise it to be collected. It's worked for me before, hopefully it'll work for you.
    Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

have to agree with lefty on this, always give them a ring, had a couple of parcel where problems with address, gave them a call and they either took the address again or just stored it at the local post office for me to pick up, and a few of them had a status of being sent back to sender so it is possible to stop it

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Tim, a bit of advice I was given by a mate, email them then follow the email up with a phone call the next day, keep calm (calmer that the person at An Post) and give all the relevant details. Then see if you can organise it to be collected. It's worked for me before, hopefully it'll work for you.
    Good luck!
    Puding wrote: »
    have to agree with lefty on this, always give them a ring, had a couple of parcel where problems with address, gave them a call and they either took the address again or just stored it at the local post office for me to pick up, and a few of them had a status of being sent back to sender so it is possible to stop it

Ok Thankx Guys im going to mail them now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

Is the post servis working agan im still waiting for my gearbox to arrive it was shipped on the 7th of november.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,472 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I'm waiting on an Eotech to be released by Garda Ballistics since the 13th of November.

An Post said Customs had it, rang customs- said an post had it, rang an post again- no the Gardai have it:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Naked Nutcase

Did you get your gear or is it still in customs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Naked Nutcase

Did it work out for you or have you still not got it

I have all my stuff now thanks t a nice mail to customer services!
    Im actually impressed with the speed they got on it, and then after i got the gear i got a follow up email to make sure it was me who took delivery of it!

:D

Thanks for the Advice Dudes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 blackest

my battery was posted 18th nov they got it back 30th november sent it again returned 31st december

revenue said

The tracking number you provided is for registered mail and was not 'refused entry to Ireland' by Customs in Portlaoise Mail Centre.
    I recommend you contact An Post Customer Service section at customer.services@anpost.ie or on 1850 57 58 59 and
    ask them to confirm the whereabouts of your parcel. It may have been processed through Dublin Mail Centre upon arrival in the country.

One phone call later ... the parcel never made it to ireland.

well the guy in china has had to do a lot of refunds but apparently there is no problem with the usa or uk so its getting shipped again this time to the uk and forwarded from there to me.

The alternative fedex would make the packet cost €20 more than buying from a uk seller.

I'm tempted to think someone in china is after a backhander

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

blackest wrote: »
    my battery was posted 18th nov they got it back 30th november sent it again returned 31st december

revenue said

The tracking number you provided is for registered mail and was not 'refused entry to Ireland' by Customs in Portlaoise Mail Centre.
    I recommend you contact An Post Customer Service section at customer.services@anpost.ie or on 1850 57 58 59 and
    ask them to confirm the whereabouts of your parcel. It may have been processed through Dublin Mail Centre upon arrival in the country.

One phone call later ... the parcel never made it to ireland.

well the guy in china has had to do a lot of refunds but apparently there is no problem with the usa or uk so its getting shipped again this time to the uk and forwarded from there to me.

The alternative fedex would make the packet cost €20 more than buying from a uk seller.

I'm tempted to think someone in china is after a backhander

That sounds a little off....who was the Chinese retailer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Yep name and shame, thats very dodgy!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 blackest

A guy on ebay with plenty of good feedback and the only issues seem to be slow delivery times.

I'll not give his name because he has been very good we've been talking on skype and working together on this.

I really don't think its his fault that the goods havent arrived.
    To be honest the price was low enough to make it worth a punt.

essentially the battery including delivery is €28 but If I wanted FedEX then it would cost an extra €20 for postage. Since postage and goods are assessed for vat the vat would be about €11 While post aran will collect vat for €5, with fedex its €15 so fedex to ireland would make it cost €74 instead of €28 (+possibly €11 vat and An post).

Now there is a Uk seller selling an identical battery for €48 including postage to irelald and with no extra charges since its from the EU.

cost of postage from the UK £7 tops.

blackest wrote: »
    A guy on ebay with plenty of good feedback and the only issues seem to be slow delivery times.

I'll not give his name because he has been very good we've been talking on skype and working together on this.

I really don't think its his fault that the goods havent arrived.
    To be honest the price was low enough to make it worth a punt.

Yeah, thats fair enough, once you're happy with the explanation.

I asked because it sounded a bit like the spiel some of the less reputable Chinese and HK retailers come out with when something doesnt ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭GoTac

I know we have never had any orders held or refused entry in to Ireland, we order gear in from the US, China, Europe. It normally take a day to arrange payment of vat and duty that might be due on the order but never a problem with customs.....

GoTac wrote: »
    I know we have never had any orders held or refused entry in to Ireland, we order gear in from the US, China, Europe. It normally take a day to arrange payment of vat and duty that might be due on the order but never a problem with customs.....

lol....that just means you're due one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

GoTac wrote: »

Same here. :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

I just ordered smething frm hong kong the other day and it's been shipped today, the seller has declared it as a gift and undervalued it. My question is what happens if it's stopped?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

Markom5a wrote: »
    I just ordered smething frm hong kong the other day and it's been shipped today, the seller has declared it as a gift and undervalued it. My question is what happens if it's stopped?

Thanks

You'll get a letter off customs asking for you to email them the receipt and they'll work the value off that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Neo-Dragon

I ordered something off ebay from America, arrived in customs on Friday according to the tracking number, and it's STILL there.
    I assumed "right, it got there Friday so ill have my package mid week" but assumed that would be the latest.
    I know it's only Wednesday, but I'm thinking of ringing up.

Neo-Dragon wrote: »
    I ordered something off ebay from America, arrived in customs on Friday according to the tracking number, and it's STILL there.
    I assumed "right, it got there Friday so ill have my package mid week" but assumed that would be the latest.
    I know it's only Wednesday, but I'm thinking of ringing up.
    You will be getting a letter from Customs and Revenue soon, you owe tax and import duty, as well as a €6 An Post handling charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Neo-Dragon

I wish they would hurry up with it. I rang up on post customer service and there was nothing they could tell me. Tried ringing the portloise mail center (where it is) but no answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ElSniperino

I'm not sure how fast Hong Kong post delivers, but I ordered some ak mags from RSOV on the 3rd of January and it said 7 - 10 days delivery. I am 99% sure An Post has it now and the tracking thing doesn't work for **** for me. Any suggestions?

It's on its way don't worry, its been the same for my last 3 orders.

There seems to be a bit of a delay (a couple of days in transit extra) at the mo for parcels from asia (HK and Japan to be specific). Usually it takes 4 days for an EMS parcel from HK or Japan to land on my lap but since just before christmas its been 8-10 days for it to arrive. All should be back to normal in a couple of weeks.

ElSniperino give An Post a buzz on monday afternoon (you'll find the track and trace phone number on their website) and they'll tell you if its in the country yet. As for their website's track and trace its been slow to show up stuff since christmas too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The An Post rack and Trace never works for me. It takes 24-48 hours to update their site ffs. Chances are you will have it before it ever shows up online.

Have to take into account the bad weather most of Europe got over the past week or so, we got off very lightly compared. There is most likely a back log in alot of major EU hubs.

I have ordered non airsoft related packages from the UK that were shipped on the 7th and only got to me yesterday. Usually its 2-3 days max.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Nevermind from foreign, I'm waiting over a week for a package from IRELAND!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

According to track & trace, a package of mine from Hong Kong has been sitting in Dublin Mail Centre, Dublin 12, since 26th Jan. I haven't received a customs letter yet. What are they playing at?

Meanwhile, a small package from Hong Kong arrived in Ireland on Friday, and passed through customs without problem. It was delivered on Monday morning. Talk about hit and miss! :mad:

• Advertisement

According to track & trace, a package of mine from Hong Kong has been sitting in Dublin Mail Centre, Dublin 12, since 26th Jan. I haven't received a customs letter yet. What are they playing at?

Meanwhile, a small package from Hong Kong arrived in Ireland on Friday, and passed through customs without problem. It was delivered on Monday morning. Talk about hit and miss! :mad:

It takes them 2 usually to send the letter out to me, just email your paypal receipt with a note giving the tracking number to dmc@revenue.ie if you're feeling that impatient.

Advertisement