Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbowtrout's 50 book challenge 2010

Options
  • 07-01-2010 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭

Right I'm having a go at this again this year (failed miserably to read half as much as I wanted)

So I've read my first book :) only 12 more needed to surpass last year's total!

1. Witch Hunt - Ian Rankin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

2. The Dark - John McGahern

3. Blood Hunt - Ian Rankin

I got a box set at Christmas so a good few of his books will probably appear here over the next few months.

I was on holidays this weekend so between flights (four of them) and downtime in the evenings I got four books read this week!

4. Amongst Women - John McGahern
    5. The Road - Cormac McCarthy
    6. The Elegance of the Hedgehog - Muriel Barbery
    7. Passion is a Fashion: The Real Story of the Clash - Pat Gilbert

Quite chuffed with all that reading!

8. Deliverance - James Dickey

Didn't do much reading there for a while but have been quite the bookworm in the last few weeks:

9. Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen ( I read this every 2 years or so)
    10. Silas Marner - George Eliot
    11. Slaughterhouse Five - Kurt Vonnegut
    12. The Scarecrow - Michael Connelly
    13. Bleeding Hearts -Ian Rankin
    14. The Black Echo - Michael Connelly

Woo-hoo, that's more than the whole of last year and it's only June!

• Advertisement

Haven't looked at this in months. Haven't read much in since my last post ....but about a week after that I got a contract to write a textbook so I've been working from the other end for the last 6 months and it's finished and in the proofreading stage at the moment. So I spent a lot of the summer researching and reading for that. Wouldn't put any of that stuff on the list though. As a result my reading plans were decimated. Only three books read since then in total

15. The Black Ice - Michael Connelly
    16. Coming Home for Christmas - Patricia Scanlan
    17. The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood (just finished this evening)

Better than last year's total (12) and there's still 4 days left in this year. Time enough to get another 1 or 2 in I reckon.

Advertisement