Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Limerick Greyhound Stadium

• 01-02-2010 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭

I thought seeing as I pass this quite often I may as well start a thread on it. Construction started in 2008 and it is due to be completed september this year. It's located just off the dock road. Sisk were awarded the contract to build it at €15M.

big_limerick_stadium.jpg

The Irish Greyhound Board has appointed Sisk Group as the main contractor for the construction of Limerick Greyhound Stadium.

The stadium on Dock Road in Limerick city will have 100 employees when it opens in September 2010.

The stadium will host over 1,750 races a year, with capacity for crowds of up to 2,900. It will have a 190-seat restaurant, private hospitality suites and gallery bars. Commenting on the development, IGB chairman Dick O’Sullivan said the project would be a cornerstone in the development of the greyhound racing industry in Ireland.

Link

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Photos taken on October from Tuborg on the Archiseek forum.

Limerick%20Site%20091009.jpg

Limerick%20Site%202%20091009.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I would personally draw the line at describing a fukin GREYHOUND STADIUM as INFRASTRUCTURE It simply enables DOGS to run in a CIRCLE FFS :(

Yes it is a construction project but it is too far fetched to describe every construction project as infrastructure....eg the Liam Carroll Parkway shell on the far side of Limerick.

Once we run the winter olympics inside that bloody thing we can start to maybe consider it infrastructure.

Advertisement