Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gift Sites [lots o' links!]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 stevied

Good list, thanks for the help!

General/Other

eBay Ireland
    Buy4now.ie (a number of shops under the one website)
    Gifts Direct
    Rollercoater.ie (kids and baby stuff)
    Argos Ireland (not sure if they deliver but you can reserve your item to pickup in a store near you)
    The Book Depository (excellent site, huge selection!)
    Booze.ie (exactly what it sez on the tin, Online Wine and Beer Warehouse)
    Hughes and Hughes Bookstore Ireland
    MiMi Toys (toys for babies and kids)
    Smyths Superstores
    www.giftsdirect.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Add to the list

www.giftmaster.ie

It'll be open from April 14th and will carry a huge range of gifts for all ages with immediate delivery.

Brands / Product includes

Yankee Candle, Aroma Cushion, Zippo, Victorinox, Leatherman, Games - Adult, Family & Kids, Golf Gifts, Poker, and loads of other stuff including stuff for pets - about 800 items in total.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

www.greatdaysout.ie is another I've found, but not tested. FYI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭CúilChip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Small range of unusual/personalised gifts in my sig. Last orders 18th for nationwide delivery, the paypal express checkout also does a full credit card checkout if you don't have paypal.

Thanks,
    Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭nickyjellybaby

Em, what about this??

CAll it shameless marketing but loads of guys have ordered a course for their girlfriend- and ultimately they're the ones benefitting! :D

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Pole-Dancing-Lesson-in-Dublin-Perfect-Gift-for-Ladies_W0QQitemZ250197107215QQihZ015QQcategoryZ123805QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sandals2008

www.heavensentgifts.ie ...... (Every Occasion covered here- worth just looking at the site, it's fab)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 The_Baron

I like www.pressieport.ie - they've some pretty cool stuff and you get it the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

www.cdwow.com- Great value CD's - large selection, delivery can be slow!
    www.e-directory.ie- Large selection of gifts for all occasions
    www.schooldays.ie- Great website/forum
    www.babygifts.ie- Fab personalised baby gifts
    www.theornamentshop.ie -Personalised Christmas Ornaments
    www.tesco.ie - Next day delivery, easy to navigate.
    www.pamperme.ie - Spa vouchers on line
    www.independentshopping.ie- Unusual gifts and gadgets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

www.softandcuddly.ie - Soft and Cuddly toys for everyone :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

http://www.yourdesign.co.uk/

excellent for personalised gifts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 whytie99

www.giftcardshop.ie - just launched in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 tinytina

A few slightly more obscure ones - but have ordered from all of these (all are Irish) and been happy:
    www.golfclubs.ie - cloned version of clubs, they know their stuff and my hubby was delighted with the set I got him.
    www.thelilacdoor.com - really pretty gifts and soft furnishings for the home
    www.rhjewellery.com - handcrafted jewellery, along a more handcrafted and unusual line
    www.irishhampers.com - used these for corporate gifts and the in-laws, beautiful hampers, no skimping on the contents.
    Someone has already mentioned www.pressieport.ie and I have to say I got some fantastic presents there, delivery was next day too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭lily lou

Some really great links here, wish I'd seen them before Christmas:rolleyes: I love this one www.designsonu.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 dragonsue

nice gift for wedding and mothers:

http://www.dmscollection.com/mall/pr...arl%20necklace

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sosyourface

www.gifts.ie - allkinds of gifts including balloons and hampers
    www.gettingpersonal.co.uk - really quick delivery, even if you get something personalised
    www.spreadshirt.com - customised/personalised clothing
    www.hairybaby.com - humorous customised clothes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 javirl

www.hamperit.ie -gifts & hampers for all occasions

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplebeach

www.chamberscardcraft.com for personalised greeting cards for any occasion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 iwoniwoniwon

I read about a great new Irish based website in the Irish Times- www.peoplelovepresents.com. They don't actually sell anything, they give you ideas for gifts then post a link to where you can buy it. It's really handy as they also include the postage costs. They have lots of unusual and quirky gifts, it's worth checking out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

where abouts in dublin is that b cool gadget shop? doesnt say on their website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Must Have Music

dundrum town centre, 2nd floor, mezzanine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Party Central

www.partycentral.ie - Irish Online Party Services and Supplies Directory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Gstore.ie (Tony)

www.Gstore.ie - Irish based online gift, gadget and Gizmo store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

http://www.nappycakesbyolivia.com/
    Perfect presents for a new baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

www.pleasedtogreetyou.ie -- another card site only this one has handmade cards for all occasions. Can be personalised or they'll custom make a card for you if you want something truely unique.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Thanks for all the sites it is great I have already spotted two christmas pressies for friends and some for me.

A good one for books I dont think it has been mentioned is http://www.booksunlimited.ie/ too they are great there and will even try and source some books for you based in Dublin

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Hey folks, with the kind permission of the mods I'm going to pop up a few pics. I was recently looking for a personalised gift for a friend of mine who'd had a baby and had the good fortune to come across this lady. She will personalise an array of items for you, baby blankets/bibs/dressing gowns/towels/jerseys etc.

The attention to detail is just exquisite and the lady herself is the most friendly, amenable and professional person you could hope to deal with. The more information you can give about the individual the present is for, the more personal she can make the gift.

Unfortunately she does not as yet have a website but hopes to have one up and running within the next couple of months. Anyone who would like to contact her, please send me a PM and i'll pass on her contact details.

Thanks,

Maple.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

• Advertisement

Hello

Just wondering if anyone would know of a good online place where you can get good quality kids hoodies or tshirts printed. I am hoping to get some printed for my newphews with their fav character on them perhaps..

thanks in advance:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Milly33 wrote: »
    Hello

Just wondering if anyone would know of a good online place where you can get good quality kids hoodies or tshirts printed. I am hoping to get some printed for my newphews with their fav character on them perhaps..

thanks in advance:)

http://www.tshirtstudio.com/hoodies/custom-printed-kids-hoodies
    This site lets you design your own and seem reasonably (though I have never used them)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 garlicmayo

A really great and relatively new gift site is

www.peoplelovepresents.com

It went live this year and is the brainchild of two cousins from Ireland. They have already wona number of awards and most recently have been shortlisted for Images "Entrepreneur of the Year" and another award for the MBA.

They offer brilliant, funky ideas to people who just don't know what to get as a gift for someone. Items are affordable to pricey and all stem from reputable companies.

Check it out.. I've bought some great stuff on here.

They have also recently launched a new iphone App as well "Ask the Gift Genies"... something a little different and they send you a personal reply to your query... LOVE THEM!!

Would anyone know of a place to get Audio Books in perticular Benny Hill but that also accepts laser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Malimas

Present for New Moms and babies :) and personalised Bling Bling stuff
    www.NappyCakeGift.com

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SuiteCheex

During a trip round the North coast last year I paid a visit to the Bushmills Distillery. In the gift shop they have a 12 year old Distillery Blend that is only available in the shop, but they can personalise the bottle. I didn't have a reason to buy a bottle when I was there but I kept note as I thought this would make a great gift idea.

Friends of mine recently had a baby boy and his Christening is coming up in a couple of weeks. I was struggling to think of what to get him and then I remembered about the whiskey. I thought you could only buy the bottle in the shop in Bushmills, but I gave them a call and it turns out they can deliver to anywhere in Ireland.

The bottle has just arrived in the post and I must say, I'm really chuffed with it. I've attached a picture. Hopefully it will be well received.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

http://www.gagababy.ie/ county colours in babywear, love it!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement