Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrecking in the right direction

Options
  • 23-01-2010 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

I thought id post a training log on this as i spend so much time reading other runners logs sure i might as well have mine here as I will update it better than I do with my written log!! (well hopefully)

Im a middle distance athlete that will be focusing on 800's and 1500's on the track with some road races up to 5k thrown in for good measure. I have spent the last 4-5 months getting to a ok level of fitness and avoiding injuries that will allow me to take on a very tough and rigorous MD training program.

with the next 10-12 weeks devoted to a developmental phase

6-8 weeks of adaptation phase

6-8 weeks min of race specifics phase

its all fun and games from here on in:eek:

so time to enjoy the ride!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Welcome on board - I've been known to dabble on the track myself from time to time - what type of goals are you setting yourself for this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭TheRoomWrecker

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Welcome on board - I've been known to dabble on the track myself from time to time - what type of goals are you setting yourself for this year?

thanks

my short term goals are to just get back into the mix and use to racing again,
    but hopefully by the end of the track season I will have some new shinny PB's as my current ones feel like they were ran in another lifetime:(

SATURDAY 23rd JANUARY

AM: 6 Mile easy shake out recovery run, this run is done without a watch on as my coach doesnt want me getting cought up with mile spilts or HR and turning my easy runs into more of a tempo run. I have to run on 'feel' so be it 6m/m pace or 9m/m pace what ever i feel easy and relaxed at.

PM: 40min upper body conditioning and core work

PM: 5 Mile steady state run time: 28.54 avg HR 171BPM

SUNDAY 24TH JANUARY

PM: 15 Miles Long easy run 6.58 pace

Was very happy with how this run went as I was feeling relaxed the whole way. was aiming to run 7.10 pace so happy out.

MONDAY 25TH JANUARY

AM: 6mile shake out run, 10x80m build up strides

PM: 7mile split pace run 2miles easy 6.50 pace 3miles progression 5.58, 5.32, 5.09, 2 miles very easy warm down 7.22

PM: 20min developmental stretching, 10min ice bath.

A good day. Im feeling the legs are coming around and some 'pop' is coming back into them

• Advertisement

TUESDAY 26TH JANUARY

AM: 4 mile shake out run 10x80m strides 30mins Core work

PM: 10 mile steady state run 60.21 167avg HR

PM : 6x100m hill sprints do at 90-95% effort

good solid day, cant complain

WEDNESDAY 27TH JANUARY

AM: 6 Mile very easy

PM: 6 Mile steady 35.58 Avg HR 165

PM: 30min stretching

nothing special today just logged another 12 into the legs.

THURSDAY 28TH JANUARY

AM: 4 mile easy shake out

PM: track session: 2mile warm up, stretching and strides,

4x600m with 200m jog recovery, plan was to run these in 1.40 but to go 35,35,30 times 1.38, 1.39, 1.39, 1.38

5x300m 100m jog recovery plan was to run 200m in 30seconds and then push on for the last 100m
    times, 44.8 44.2 44.1 44.9 44.0

2mile cool down, followed by a Ice bath.

was a tough session as I had to dig deep on the 300's and had a strong cross wind to deal with, but it fun to be back on the track and trying to move somewhat fast again.

FRIDAY 29TH JANUARY

AM: 4 mile shake out run, felt pretty stiff and tired

PM: 5 mile easy run 6.55 pace felt much better on this run

PM: 30 min core work, and 30min upper body conditioning circut

weekly total of roughly 86miles with strides jog recoverys etc, so good solid week and one of my biggest milege weeks ever

SATURDAY 30TH JANUARY

AM: 2 mile warm up 6x600metre hill reps jog back recovery, 2 mile cool down, this session went pretty well as I got quicker on each run I do fear hill reps a bit as they hurt like hell!

PM: 4 mile easy shake out run, legs were fairly flat at the start but after 2miles they came to life,

SUNDAY 31ST JANUARY

AM: 45min Core work, 15min stretching

PM: 15 mile easy run 7.02 pace, first 4miles were pretty slow as I felt slugish but soon settled after about 26mins so turned more into a controlled progression run. I have to be careful as I get carried away sometime with running to fast on my easier days.

• Advertisement

MONDAY 1ST FEB

AM: 6mile easy shake out run

PM: 5mile steady state 28.02, felt very smooth and relaxed during this run.

TUESDAY 2ND FEB

didnt get a morning run in as I was at a party and had a very late night so I made some changes to my evening run.

PM: 10mile split pace run 5miles in 33.22 5miles in 30.19 negitive split on this run. felt good and strong body is responing well to the training.

Advertisement