Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

x PyRo wrote: »
    Day 6 - Lingfield

1:00 - Clear Sailing - 5pts @ Evens - NAP

Straightforward and reliable front runner in this grade, as he showed when adding another win to his CV over C&D last time. Clear chance of following up on these terms.

And another. 4 from 4 so far.

Anyone back any of these ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Doing well mate.
    You're fella beat my Ciceron for first I see :P

Where's the best places for results?
    Timeform seem a little delayed.
    Great side besides though! :O

Timeform is probably the quickest to be honest, not many others i know of that are half as fast!.

Bank - 82.75pts (-17.25)

Going to have less bets from tomorrow onwards with higher stakes. If i had quit after the first 4 races i'd of been nicely off with 27pts won there inc stakes of 10 pts so 17pts profit from the first 4 races and 14 points lost in the rest. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

Doocey wrote: »
    Where's the best places for results?
    Timeform seem a little delayed.
    Great side besides though! :O

I always use sporting life, here.

• Advertisement

Day 7 - Ffos Las

1:35 - Bescot Springs - 1pt @ 2/1

Hails from a successful jumping family, and promising start when second in a good bumper at Haydock. Badly hampered and unseated on hurdling bow, and strong claims if over that.

2:10 - Blazing Bailey - 1pt @ 3/1

High-class staying hurdler at best. A while since he was at the top of his game, but still the one to beat if taking to fences at the first attempt.

2:50 - Soliya - .5 pts @ 16/1

Useful juvenile who looks on a fair mark on the pick of her form. Has gone well fresh in the past, stable amongst the winners and market confidence would look significant, but i'll take a chance anyways.

3:20 - Saphis Des Bois - 2.5pts @ 3/1 - NAP

Made winning British debut at Wincanton last January, and comfortably best effort so far when second to Sa Suffit in November. Still going well when making mistake last time. Leading contender.

Points Staked : 5pts.

Rest of my bets will be up in the morning for anyone who's wondering why they'll not be up tonight.

Best of luck tomorrow lads.

Day 7 - Fairyhouse

12:30 - Caduceus - 1pt @ 8/1

Cost plenty and followed up maiden point win when successful in Punchestown bumper. Also showed ability when fourth to useful Quel Esprit on hurdling debut at that track. Open to improvement.

1:00 - Cillin Hill - .5 pts e/w @ 16/1

Decent jumps pedigree, by Alderbrook out of a Be My Native mare. Has hinted at ability in 3 of her 4 outings but looked a non-stayer when tried over this trip at Gowran on penultimate start, hence the price.

2:35 - Sharekan - .5pts e/w @ 12/1

Patiently-ridden sort who scored by a wide margin at Downpatrick last June. However, hammered by the handicapper for that victory and well held in sole completed start since, but i'll take a chance at a nice price.

3:45 - Gormanstown Cuckoo - 2pts @ 5/1

Chased home the classy Some Present on debut last term and not disgraced in 2 starts since, including when second to Benash at Navan last month. Up against some intriguing types here, though.

Points staked : 5 pts

Day 7 - Thurles

3:30 - Mats Teacher - 2pts e/w @ 16/1 - NB

Definite signs of ability in maiden hurdles, and again when fourth at Limerick on handicap debut (shaped like a stayer). Plenty to prove after a couple of less than inspiring efforts of late.

4:00 - Prestige Boy - 3pts @ 12/1 - NAP

Massive gamble, in from 40's. Lots of people on different forums have word for it so hopefully will go close and win me a nice bit.

Points Staked : 7 pts

No bets at Wolves today, can only see massive losses from what's running there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

No bets at Wolves today, can only see massive losses from what's running there.

I agree except for the 2:20 with wanchai whisper but he's on at 8/11

Day 7 - Ffos Las

1:35 - Bescot Springs - 1pt @ 2/1 - 5th :(

2:10 - Blazing Bailey - 1pt @ 3/1 - 2nd :(

2:50 - Soliya - .5 pts @ 16/1 - 11th :(

3:20 - Saphis Des Bois - 2.5pts @ 3/1 - NAP - 4th :(

Day 7 - Fairyhouse

12:30 - Caduceus - 1pt @ 8/1 - 2nd :(

1:00 - Cillin Hill - .5 pts e/w @ 16/1 - 5th :(

2:35 - Sharekan - .5pts e/w @ 12/1 1st :D Pitty i didn't get more on him, but a wins a win especially on a day of backing badly. + 8.5

3:45 - Gormanstown Cuckoo - 2pts @ 5/1 Non-Runner, 2 back to bank

Points staked : 5 pts

Day 7 - Thurles

3:30 - Mats Teacher - 2pts e/w @ 16/1 - NB - Fell, had word for it but no luck. :(

4:00 - Prestige Boy - 3pts @ 12/1 - NAP - Also had word and it was useless coming 11th. :(

Points Staked : 7 pts

New Bank - 76.75 (-23.25)

Bad day at the office, saved by the 12/1 winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Hard luck mate didn't have the best of weekends myself, that was a nice 12-1 winner though

Hard luck mate didn't have the best of weekends myself, that was a nice 12-1 winner though

Yeah tough weekend all right!. Lucky he won or it'd be -15 points for the day. :eek:

Promise i'm going to stop backing so much from now on though. :D

1:55 Thurles - Moskova @ 11/10 - 3pts - NAP

Top jockey in Ruby onboard, the best horse in the race and should win it.

2:25 Thurles - The Club Wood @ 10/1 - 1pt

Maiden under Rules, but that is after just 5 starts and not beaten far when fifth to American Star at Clonmel on third outing last season. Off the same mark here and not without place claims.

2:55 Thurles - Baily View @ 8/1 - 1pt

Useful hurdler who got off the mark over fences in a maiden chase at Fairyhouse in November. Held when falling at Limerick last time but this represents a realistic assignment. Merits respect.

3:55 Thurles - Seabass @ 9/4 - 2pts - NB

Winning pointer and went with fair bit of promise when runner-up to Borolee at Clonmel last time. Less exposed than the majority of these and further improvement should see him go well.

Points Staked : 7pts.

Plumpton

1:40 - Salden Licht @ 5/4 - 2pts

Useful at up to 1½m on Flat, and copybook start over hurdles when sprinting away from 17 rivals at Newbury last month. Open to considerable improvement and leading player despite penalty.

2:40 - Epee Celeste @ 3/1 - 1pt

Wide-margin winner of 2¼m claiming hurdle at Auteil in November. No excuses when modest third on British debut at Leicester last month and longer trip needs to improve matters.

3:10 - Quarrymount @ 8/1 - 1pt

Winning pointer and hurdler who returns from a 2-year absence for an in-form yard. Only fifth start over fences and well treated on hurdles form, so can't be discounted.

Points Staked : 4pts

Only one Wolverhampton bet for me so far.

2:50 - Turf Time @ 7/2 - 2pts

Backed him recently and expected him to come in, he came third and could be there or thereabouts today and has a good jockey on board, fingers crossed.

Edit :

Have another!.

5:20 - Ahmedy @ 8/1 - 1pt

Picked up where he left off when making a winning return from long absence over C&D in October. Failed to beat a rival next time, but wouldn't discount if refreshed from another break.

Points Staked : 3pts.

Plumpton

1:40 - Salden Licht @ 5/4 - 2pts

Useful at up to 1½m on Flat, and copybook start over hurdles when sprinting away from 17 rivals at Newbury last month. Open to considerable improvement and leading player despite penalty.

Good start, short price, but they all count. :D

1:55 Thurles - Moskova @ 11/10 - 3pts - NAP

Top jockey in Ruby onboard, the best horse in the race and should win it.

Last time i ever back that fucking horse.

1:55 Thurles - Moskova @ 11/10 - 3pts - NAP 2nd by a length. :mad:

2:25 Thurles - The Club Wood @ 10/1 - 1pt - Pulled up :(

2:55 Thurles - Baily View @ 8/1 - 1pt 3rd. :(

3:55 Thurles - Seabass @ 9/4 - 2pts - NB 3rd. :mad:

Plumpton

1:40 - Salden Licht @ 5/4 - 2pts Win. :D+ 4.25

2:40 - Epee Celeste @ 3/1 - 1pt 2nd. :(

3:10 - Quarrymount @ 8/1 - 1pt - 5th. :(

2:50 - Turf Time @ 7/2 - 2pts - 1st :D Good man Turf Time. :D - +9pts

Up .25 points for the day with 1pt still to go.

New Bank - 77pts (-23pts)

Thank God for Turf Time. :D

• Advertisement

5:20 - Ahmedy @ 8/1 - 1pt

Picked up where he left off when making a winning return from long absence over C&D in October. Failed to beat a rival next time, but wouldn't discount if refreshed from another break.

4th, will win soon.

Tips for tomorrow?
    Mine are up, would love opinions :)

Will have mine up in a few minutes :)

Not going to advise or ill-advise any of your bets because you seem to be doing good with them. Perfection takes time my friend. :D

Southwell

1:00 - Supreme Duke - 1pt e/w @ 10/1

Mainly good efforts since switching to fences last season, winning over this trip at Ludlow in February. Not quite seen things out both starts in handicaps this term, though, and others stronger, but taking a chance.

1:30 - Bright Sparky - .5pts e/w @ 16/1

Stepped up on all previous form over fences when scoring from miles out weights at Bangor in October. Disappointing in 3 jumps starts since, despite continuing to run well on the Flat.

3:00 - Quincy Des Pictons - .5pts e/w @ 16/1

Won maiden hurdle at Perth in April prior to leaving Ferdy Murphy for $25,000. Possibly needed outing on reappearance and shaped better when fourth over fences last time

3:30 - Hi Dancer - 1pt @ 7/1

Winner twice on Flat in 2009 and in good heart since returned to hurdles. Stamina stretched over 25f when last seen at Wetherby in November and better expected back over more suitable trip.

Will have mine up in a few minutes :)

Not going to advise or ill-advise any of your bets because you seem to be doing good with them. Perfection takes time my friend. :D

Haha, I'm not doing too bad but I want to get better naturally :D

Few same selections as mine.
    I think Hi Dancer could prove a treat :)

What money are you actually betting?
    Of course you don';t have to tell me, hence the points structure.
    Just curious :)

Folkstone

1:40 - Charlotte Street - 1pt @ 6/1

Lightly-raced maiden hurdler who attracted support when tried in a visor here last time but fared only a little better in sixth. Dropped 6 lb since, so can't be discounted entirely in weak race.

3:10 - Colonial Jim - 2pts @ 9/4

Went with much more zest when runner-up to a subsequent winner over fences at Fontwell penultimate start. Failed to reproduce that last time, but application of cheekpieces may evoke more.

Points Staked : 3pts.

What money are you actually betting?
    Of course you don';t have to tell me, hence the points structure.
    Just curious :)

€10 per point mate. Lucky it's only that or i'd be down more money. :D

Nass

1:05 - Hellyhunter - 1pt @ 9/1

Bumper winner who put up an improved display when third to Boxing Along in a 2¾m maiden hurdle at Limerick on Boxing Day. Drop in trip doesn't look a positive and needs to improve to take this, but i'd still preffer him to the favourite and fingers crossed he'll go close.

1:35 - Ebadiyan - 1pt @ 8/1

One of the top juvenile hurdlers last term, when Grade 3 winner at Punchestown. Has found things tougher this time around, though, and will be there to be shot at even if getting an easy lead, it's more of a loyalty bet towards a horse i really like but no harm!.

2:35 - Takestan - 1pt @ 10/1

Has found some consistency, successful on Flat and over hurdles in autumn, and flying too high (Grade 1) last time. Hopefully could go close at a nice price.

3:05 - Roll over Rover - 1pt @ 6/1

Came back to form after a break when third on handicap debut at Naas in October. Sensibly kept fresh since then and similar performance could see him on the scene.

Points Staked : 4pts.

€10 per point mate. Lucky it's only that or i'd be down more money. :D

Haha. I see. It's a fair chunk so. You must have a fairly nice stable job to keep this financed :D
    you're still in profit? :)

• Advertisement

Haha. I see. It's a fair chunk so. You must have a fairly nice stable job to keep this financed :D
    you're still in profit? :)

No i'm a student!, cleaned up over Christmas and took in a few grand.

Nope down on this thread so far. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement