Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Green Bin Dublin

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

Its beyond a joke now really, Irishbird! Did you manage to get a timetable issued to you yet?!

I took my bin back in this evening, and said fcuk it, I am not putting it back out until next collection date, on Friday coming along with 5 extra bags I had left by the bin as I was told to do it. The place is a mess and did my best to clean as much as I could this evening, and not gonna add to it with my other bags out there!!

I just wish Greyhound would be honest and truthful and say that its not gonna be collected until your next collection, fair enough, at least we would know where we stand!! But instead, their customer service decide to lie to us on their website and on the phone.

I guess will have to call them yet again on Monday and ask them if they really will be actually collecting my bin at all on next due collection date!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 1carrot2

Why not vote with your feet?
    Neighbour rang Tuesday, and told collection would be Wednesday.
    I phoned Friday, and guaranteed collection today, Saturday.
    No replies to e-mails to customer service dept. sent yesterday and today.
    Monday will be the11th day green bins are at the gate.
    Litter blowing and contents soaked.
    Spoke to someone who changed back to Greenstar lately - saving 20-odd Euro on annual charge, €6.80 per black bin, weekly collections.
    My Fingal annual charge is up for renewal this month, but I've just contacted Greenstar to sign up..

Thanks for that, will look into it.
    Didn't realise they were still on the go!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

1carrot2 wrote: »
    My Fingal annual charge is up for renewal this month, but I've just contacted Greenstar to sign up..

i am in dublin city council we dont get a choice, if i did i wouldnt be using them.

Are you sure.
    I thought this too - until I heard from others on Thursday that they had switched.
    Everyone around me uses the Fingal bin tags etc., as I have always done.
    I was not aware that I could change..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Are you sure.
    I thought this too - until I heard from others on Thursday that they had switched.
    Dublin City Council and Fingal have different arrangements in place (probably because a lot more of Fingal is rural areas?)

Are you sure.

Have just been on to Dublin City Council about changing bins companies, they said i cant do it unless i want to pay for it myself but DCC wont give me a reduction on my bin charges.

She told me they have been inundated with complaints about greyhound and she has sent me out a complaint form.

oh bins still not collected

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

I've been waiting 4 1/2 weeks for my green bin to be collected and apparantly the next date is Friday 22nd - by that stage it will be 5 weeks since the last collection (I live in Howth) While driving around today, I saw loads of green bins from other areas (Harmonstown, Killester etc) all overflowing, with rubbish everywhere. Greyhound are a joke - In my opinion Oxygen were much better. It's so frustrating, I just want my rubbish collected

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Same here in Clontarf. Our green bins were due to be collected on the 5th. Spent ages trying to get through to Dublin City Council and Greyhound. They used the snow as the excuse for the missed collection on the 5th. Yet the 'big snow' did not arrive until the 6th. Coincidentally, Panda were able to come round and collect their customers bins. Rang Greyhound again on numerous occasions and was told to just leave the bins out along with any extra green waste and they would be collected EVENTUALLY ! :mad:Our last collection was 22nd Dec and like other posters have said, the place is in a mess. Our scheduled collection is tomorrow so it remains to be seen if they call. The service is atrocious, think I'll be giving the Panda crowd a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

It's hilarious that Panda have been able to collect bins during the big freeze but Greyhound can't get into the same estates that Panda have been in.

My mams house is at the top of a very steep hill that the children spray water over when it's cold to make an "ice rink". Panda have been able to get up this hill to collect bins but Greyhound won't even attempt it.

• Advertisement

Our bins will be at the gates 12 days tomorrow.
    Our black and brown bins have been collected twice in those 12 days - the last time today - but no sign of Greyhound.
    The last update on their website is January 15th.
    I think that says it all.
    No replies to my e-mails to 'customer services' of Friday and Saturday..
    Our next scheduled collection is Friday, so I guess that's when we'll finally have our first collection since before Christmas.

No replies to my e-mails to 'customer services' of Friday and Saturday..

I spoke to a supervisor in Greyhound yesterday, and mentioned to her that I sent an email on 10th January and I had not received a reply. She said to me that they were getting through 150 to 200 emails a day, and would get around to me. There must be a huge backlog of comlaints they are working though!!

Was told that they would be in Bayside/Sutton today, but am fed up bring the bins in and out, and its really windy here today, so am gonna wait for the due collection on Friday.

Think its time to make a complaint to Fingal County Council now! Irishbird already mentioned that Dublin City Council are also dealing with huge amounts of complaints!! I also agree with Amberjack, never had problems with Oxygen when thay had the contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Green Bins collected this morning as per the calender in Finglas West...

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

As other posters have mentioned, it's amazing how Fingal can collect their black and brown bins, everywhere I drivr around - Clontarf, Killester, Raheny, bayside, Sutton etc - it's only the green bins that are lying out on the road with the extra bags piling up beside them. On the greenbin.ie site it says (something along the lines of) keep your bin out at all times and they'll try and get around to it, but almost 5 weeks on, it's just crazy. My bin blew over the other day and rubbish was blown everywhere (I picked it up) but greyhound, please collect our bins - you're doing yourselves no favours!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Green Bins collected this morning as per the calender in Finglas West...
    And yesterday as per Glasnevin/Phibs

still not collection around my place.

the website hasnt been updated since the 15th January so i am assuming they will be collected on thursday

why could they have just said that in the first place rather then blatantly lying on their website ? and saving us all the bother of putting our bins in and every day for the last month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I love the way the "rep" has disappeared. :rolleyes:

They FINALLY collected our bins ! Yippee ! But guess what, they did not take the extra green waste left out beside the bins. We were told to do this by Greyhound and they promised it would be collected as our bins have been there since the 22nd Dec. I chased them up the road like a mad aul wan with me transparent bags of green waste under me arms:D. The very rude collector just pointed to the truck and left me throw them in ! One of my neighbours just told me that Greyhound just received 6 furious phone calls from my road and the bin truck is on its way back around again. Serves them right, should have taken the stuff in the first place.

where did you get your transparent bags? i am struggling to find them

I just asked the nice man stacking the shelves at my local supermarket if I could take the bags he had just emptied of kitchen rolls. Worked perfectly.

• Advertisement

irishbird wrote: »
    where did you get your transparent bags? i am struggling to find them

I got mine in lidl. There are the swing bin liners. They look white until you open them, and then they are almost see through. You can see the cardboard through them, so guess they will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

anyone know what day the green and brown bins are collected in the Sutton area this week? My parents are away and I haven't a clue where the calendar is and I cant find out through their website because I have to log in

Advertisement