Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MW2 Freezing Playstation 3

Options
  • 14-01-2010 10:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭

im not sure if you can help me but im having problems with my modern warfare 2 for ps3,i have the game since launch day and up until a couple weeks ago i have had no problems,but now when im playing online it freezes,either mid game or after a match where it shows score/top kills for players etc,iv tried deleting save/game data and reload it on my ps3,it worked for a night but when i went to play it again same thing keeps happening,i have no problems with my other games,i have played them hours non stop and no problems,jus seems to be modern warfare 2,the problem just came out of nowhere, i think it started a few days after the last update,can u please help,my ps3 is a 120gig slim if that helps

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭BobbitoDigital

i have played a few games of spec ops and no problems i also started the story mode again and no problems,i dnt know wtf is goin on

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

That sounds pretty frustrating alright. It might be a problem with your internet connection (hopefully it's this and not a problem with the ps3). I know I used to have a problem with only Team Fortress 2 before I switched my NAT type to 1 (it was on 2 before this). Have you heard/read about anyone else with a similar problem? If it's a problem with the router itself it might be worth doing a search for "modern warfare 2" and whatever ISP you're with to see if anyone else is having the problem. Wish I could be of more help...

TheAmateur wrote: »
    That sounds pretty frustrating alright. It might be a problem with your internet connection (hopefully it's this and not a problem with the ps3). I know I used to have a problem with only Team Fortress 2 before I switched my NAT type to 1 (it was on 2 before this). Have you heard/read about anyone else with a similar problem? If it's a problem with the router itself it might be worth doing a search for "modern warfare 2" and whatever ISP you're with to see if anyone else is having the problem. Wish I could be of more help...

i was looking around on google and that to see if anybody is having this problem,but all i was getting was people with problems with their blueray player,i came across 1 or 2 people with the same problem but have no answers, my roter has been on the blink its not even picking up anything wirelessly,im going to get a new one hopefully in the next few days,but ieven hooked it up directly to the modem and it happend,for some reason when i do that it only gets nat type 3,i was having the problem wirelessly when it was nat type 2,sorry mate but what do you mean by "doing a search for "modern warfare 2" and whatever ISP you're with"do u mean look in google or sumin? and how did you get nat type 1,,thanks alot mate for the help! i appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

sorry mate but what do you mean by "doing a search for "modern warfare 2" and whatever ISP you're with"do u mean look in google or sumin?
    Who do you have internet with? Eircom, NTL, Vodafone, etc?

the_syco wrote: »
    Who do you have internet with? Eircom, NTL, Vodafone, etc?

i moved dwn the country, der called permanet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

what do you mean by "doing a search for "modern warfare 2" and whatever ISP you're with"do u mean look in google or sumin?
    Yep I meant for example if you were looking for eircom users with problems with modern warfare 2 you could try googling "modern warfare 2 eircom" to see if people are having the same problem and have identified it as an ISP issue. But I realise now you're probably done this already. I followed a video on youtube to change my NAT type, it's for eircom users though, for other ISP's I'm not sure how you get the password but I'm sure there has to be a way.

TheAmateur wrote: »
    Yep I meant for example if you were looking for eircom users with problems with modern warfare 2 you could try googling "modern warfare 2 eircom" to see if people are having the same problem and have identified it as an ISP issue. But I realise now you're probably done this already. I followed a video on youtube to change my NAT type, it's for eircom users though, for other ISP's I'm not sure how you get the password but I'm sure there has to be a way.

i dont know what to do at this stage,,cheers mate for all the help,i mite try renten a copy and see if its just the disk,,thanks again!

Advertisement