Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leverage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Mr E wrote: »
    The TNT bug on screen last week said that it was the season finale.

I hate it when they do that :). I think USA tends to bill them as season finales too, even though it's only a summer finale kind of thing and the rest of the season is shown later in the year. Sci-Fi (or argh, SyFy) also used to do the same thing with the Stargate shows...

TV.com also lists 3 additional episodes as part of season 2:

http://www.tv.com/leverage/show/75367/episode.html?season=2&tag=list_header;paginator;2

The Wikipedia page seems to list the additional episodes I was referring to (so 15 in total for season 2) and a return date of January 2010:
    10 (23) "The Runway Job" January 2010 (2010-01)
    11 (24) "The Bottle Job"
    12 (25) "The Zanzibar Marketplace Job"
    13 (26) "The Future Job"
    14 (27) "The Three Strikes Job"
    15 (28) "The Maltese Falcon Job"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Leverage_episodes#Season_2_.282009-2010.29

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

so its not back until Jan 2010 :( i am having withdrawal symptoms :p

Is Sophie back for any of the rest of Season 2? I know the actress who plays her was preggers in real life

Virgin 1 has picked up this show in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

I see this is coming to Bravo soon

Whats it like? Worth a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

It's pretty light hearted for the most part, but a very fun show - the cast have great chemistry together and the "con-of-the-week" storylines are pretty good. It's been compared to a modern day A-Team and that's the show it probably can be likened most to (though not as cheesy :)) but it also borrows heavily from Ocean's Eleven and similar movies.

I'm biased of course, but I'd say it's totally worth a look :D - if you like the pilot episode, the rest of the show follows the same format closely.

• Advertisement

Leverage showing Wednesday January 20th on Bravo at 9:00pm

I highly recommend it :D i love the show

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, I agree. Takes a couple of episodes to find its feet though... stick with it, its worth the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

thanks all i needed to new show

Starts tonight on Bravo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I watched this last night. It's utterly ridiculous, but great fun. It really is a modern A-Team, which I can only see as a good thing. I've already set my sky box to record the season.

• Advertisement

Anyone still watching the newer episodes on TNT?

I thought the season finale was fun, but a bit all over the place. However, the ending will make the start of season 3 very interesting.

I was sure when Eliot
    got his count down to 1 that something might have happened to him...

I was trying to figure out if Gina Bellman was still pregnant during her scenes... I don't think they showed any shots below her elbows. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Mr E wrote: »
    Anyone still watching the newer episodes on TNT?

I thought the season finale was fun, but a bit all over the place. However, the ending will make the start of season 3 very interesting.

I was sure when Eliot
    got his count down to 1 that something might have happened to him...

I was trying to figure out if Gina Bellman was still pregnant during her scenes... I don't think they showed any shots below her elbows. :)

Aye, I has expecting something too to be honest.
    You just know the rest are not going to abandon him.
    Here is hoping it makes it back to another season.
    I know its not rocket science of a programme but its good clean fun - and better than some other stuff crossing our screens thinking its better. :)

Season 3 was confirmed last October. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Cool. I'm just watching the first season on, I think, Bravo. Glad to know I've a two more seasons to look forward too.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,330 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I enjoyed the finale and cant wait now for Season 3

It was great seeing Sophie back

While speaking on a conference call with the press yesterday, LEVERAGE star Timothy Hutton hinted at some of the things coming up for the third season of the show –which debuts Sunday, June 20 at 9:00 pm.
    He teases that we’ll be getting to see more about the pasts of the main characters including Hardison (Aldis Hodge) and Parker (Beth Riesgraf), while Eliot (Christian Kane) will be spotlighted with a Nashville music-set episode featuring former DUKES OF HAZZARD star John Schneider as a shady music industry charlatan.

But it’s the Nate and Sophie (Gina Bellman) relationship that has fans salivating for some sort of resolution – especially after a kiss (and a slap to the face) in last year’s finale.

“Sophie wants to talk about the kiss and Nate wants to talk about the slap and that’s the nature of their relationship right right there,” says Hutton. “They dance around the issue a little bit and there’s some nice moments of them trying to figure out what’s going on between the two of them as Season Three goes on.”

Guest stars will also include Richard Chamberlain, Clancy Brown, Lisa Brenner, Arye Gross, Kari Wuhrer, Michael O'Keefe, Alona Tal and more, but one person that still isn’t guaranteed to come back for Season Three – as of yet – is Mark Sheppard who plays Nate Ford’s nemesis Jim Sterling.

“We'll certainly see Sterling back, I don't know if it will be in the third season or not," says Hutton. "Mark is such a wonderful actor and everybody wants him on their shows. We’re just waiting in line and hoping he has time to do our show. He’s so great on the show and great for the dynamic of the storytelling particularly with Nate and Maggie. The writers love it when Sterling shows up and Nate has a good counter. I'm sure we'll see Sterling again. It's been a real pleasure working with Mark and he brings a lot to the show."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Ep. 1 of series 3 now out....don't watch the show myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Love this show, based on the 1st 2 episodes s3 shaping up to be better than s2 which was not as good as s1 but still good imo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Season3 should be awesome. Hope we get a few surprise guest stars.

• Advertisement

Season 3 has started well. I like the role reversal aspect of it. 2 more on tonight.

This Sunday’s Leverage finds the gang heading to Nashville to take down a corrupt record producer. Elliot is forced to play the role of a country music singer-songwriter

I cant wait the actor who plays Elliot is quite a good singer

In the summer finale of this caper series this Sunday
    the team pulls a scam on a violent hedge-fund manager to get him to reveal information that could lead to the ever-elusive master criminal Damien Moreau. The ruse involves making the dupe think he's murdered Parker — but what they don't realize is this latest con may have put an assassin's bull's-eye on their target.

Throughout the third season of TNT's Leverage, Nate and his team have been on the heels of supervillain Damien Moreau, a ruthless financier of all things criminal. For the December 19 two-part finale, they finally come face-to-face with their nemesis, played by
    Goran Visnjic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Yay! That's pretty cool casting.

Anyone catch the last 3 episodes ? thoroughly enjoyed :)

Yeah they were very good. Christmas special was very good (for a Christmas special!). The 2nd last one was better than the last, though. Visjnic was very good. The whole Moreau story was pretty underwhelming. He was mentioned in episode 1 of the season as being the big bad guy, then ignored until episode 15?

Agree there Mr. E regards the Moreau line of the plot. That needed to be a constant in the episodes but only got a look in when they went to london after one of his cronies that time or when that same lad was using a wee girl to smuggle stuff.

I though the xmas one was quite good too, though clearly it was shot in the middle of summer :D

Edit : Will we see more of Visjnic i wonder thats assuming there will be a season 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I cant wait the actor who plays Elliot is quite a good singer

Christian Kane he has three albums out. the first two release under the name Kane, and it was him and a guy called Steve Carlson the first two were sold from kanemusic.com one is a studio album the other an acoustic recording of some shows they did in london just him and Steve Carlson. the third album called The House Rules just got released by Sony I think and non US orders can get it at http://www.tourhut.com/christiankaneinternational/ if you're lucky to be in teh US you can get it in iTunes with a bonus track.

the track on that show is called "thinking of you" and is availible for download from his site christiankane.com there's also a 5 track EP for sale that has two or three of the tracks on The House Rules

thinking of you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlc_PlLd0bE

• Advertisement

http://www.tvline.com/2011/04/leverage-danny-glover/#more-206503
    Danny Glover will guest-star as a retired war veteran who “acquired a piece of art that has a little bit of a mystery story behind it. Aldis Hodge (aka Hardison) told us on Saturday at the 32nd College Television Awards. “We get involved to try to help him recover it.”
    Hodge says that in a break from style for the TNT series, large sections of Glover’s episode will be narrated by his character, “so we see the majority of the story through his eyes.”
    Leverage premieres the first, 10-episode stretch of its fourth season on Sunday, June 26.

Advertisement