Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Proper snow now in Kilkenny city. Just beginning to settle.

SNOW SHIELDS AT 10% CAP'N - EVACUATE MAIN DECK!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

Really coming down in Kilkenny now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Villain wrote: »
    nearly 4" in Tullow

Lucky you. What about the snow ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Light snow at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Cionád wrote: »
    Newstalk saying Dublin Buses are stopping until the roads are gritted!!

unconfirmed.

Just heard too, confirmed. The whole country is a joke shop! I'm working with a Polish lad and it's a mild winter for him. He's scratching his head looking at the country fall apart with a couple of inchs of snow. JOKE SHOP!

• Advertisement

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Lucky you. What about the snow ?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Johnny1999 wrote: »
    Really coming down in Kilkenny now! :D

1'' to 2'' on the ground in thomastown now

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Couple of pics from Trim, Co. Meath, about 20 mins ago.

101198.jpg

101199.jpg

flanzer wrote: »
    Just heard too, confirmed. The whole country is a joke shop! I'm working with a Polish lad and it's a mild winter for him. He's scratching his head looking at the country fall apart with a couple of inchs of snow. JOKE SHOP!

Irish people get worried, not because of the snow, but because of the shoddy response to the conditions by the local councils

If you haven't got snow yet, listen to Larry Gogan - don't stop believing!!!

Even Kilkenny has snow - anything is possible!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

UPDATED 1.10PM from UK
    12cm Boscombe Down
    19cm Brize Norton
    20cm Bracknell
    22cm Chipping Norton
    27cm Reading
    28cm Odiham, near Basingstoke
    40-50cm across parts of the Grampians, Borders, North Pennines.(30cm is 12 inches)

Anyone come close to any of those here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Cionád wrote: »
    Newstalk saying Dublin Buses are stopping until the roads are gritted!!

unconfirmed.

Tried to get on the DB website there. It said Server too Busy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Breaktown

df1985 wrote: »
    a quick reminder to those who might care to throw a bit of bread out for the birds, i did a few minutes ago and it was like a scene from the hitchcock movie the way they were fighting over it.theyre starving.

stopped snowing in leixlip.

I tried feeding them (the small garden birds) a few weeks ago but the damn crows just got everything. :(

Just started snowing lightly in Laois. It's getting quite cloudy so I hope we get some decent snow. There hasn't been more than in an inch in my area lately and the last time it fell it froze over quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Unreal snow in S. Carlow. Already far exceeds what we had in both feb and march last year. Young lads using the main st of Borris as a ski slope :D Damn, I want to be 15 again :(

If you haven't got snow yet, listen to Larry Gogan - don't stop believing!!!

I thought Journey sang that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Can anyone confirm the bus situ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Duiske wrote: »
    Unreal snow in S. Carlow. Already far exceeds what we had in both feb and march last year. Young lads using the main st of Borris as a ski slope :D Damn, I want to be 15 again :(

Will you listen to yourself, there is no age restrictions when it comes to snow. Get yourself a fertiliser sack and go sliding down that hill will you!! :p If you dont my friend, then I will!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,548 ✭✭✭bassy

Pegging it down now here with a slight blizzard,north kk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

I still think each province should have its own thread, 142000 views and everything is just crammed with reports from every side of the country, i suggested this when the cold spell begun but got no response from Mod.

Johnny1999 wrote: »
    I thought Journey sang that!!!

yeh but they don't decide if it gets played on the golden hour . . .anyway its too late now, only soft cell sh1t on now!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

last shower just pushed through here, I think that's it....until Sunday:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

up to 8cm now - in Fuc^(£! Bray :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Hows the snow in south Kilkenny now?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Pangea wrote: »
    I still think each province should have its own thread, 142000 views and everything is just crammed with reports from every side of the country, i suggested this when the cold spell begun but got no response from Mod.
    good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts...

Temperature: 0.6 °C
    Dew Point: -1.5 °C

Snowing steadily for the past half hour or so. Flakes have progressed form small to medium, but now are big,settling and covering everything. :D

Anyone know the situation in Navan please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭littlebsci

JackieChan wrote: »
    Yeah if she is hungry later I'll cook her something :P

Any inroads of the snow in to Laois, particularly around Mountmellick/Portarlington areas?

It has literally just started!!

Oh I got all excited there coz I've been so jealous of all the rest of you in your snow filled areas!! I've been following this thread with bated breath for the last few hours! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Buses have been abandoned on Dame St in dublin CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 willie mason

Pangea wrote: »

Just enjoy this thread for what it is. This site over-modded and over structured. This is a beautiful, chaotic example of people getting excited over a simple thing... and it's wonderful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kopijacked

When does the "Cold spell & Snowfall Discussion Thursday/Friday" Thread start:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement