Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday times spot the builder

Options
  • 31-12-2009 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Help needed and appreciated. the prize is 12 classic penguin paperbacks (not really into reading, but need to be at something)

Anagrams are of Irish property developers.

SHYLOTMEN

DAMPLYCLINKED

HEARANGRY

HENPROVENSENT

Suggestions appreciated, please!:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭65bl

Hi balliali

Try the following

SHYLOTMEN - Noel Smyth

DAMPLYCLINKED - Paddy McKillen

HEARANGRY - Ray Grehan

HENPROVENSENT - I am stuck on this one and would appreciate any help

Also I have "I Jolly Leer" solved as Joe Reilly however the man i am thinking off is Joe O'Reilly of Castlethorn Construction. Any thoughts?

BL

• Registered Users Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Stephen Vernon.

In Cavan where all the Reillys/O'Reillys come from it is often interchangeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭balliali

Thank you both very much for that. There were 10 anagrams in total in the quiz, and I had got six of them. Funnily I was going with Henly for SHYLOTMEN and just Googling possible answers. Also I was looking out for Elliott and other prominent ones in other areas of the country. However, thank you so much for taking the time to work them out. What a way to spend the New Year's eve! Enjoy every moment of 2010 and best wishes in all your comps and puzzles. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭samsausage

65bl wrote: »
    Hi balliali

Try the following

SHYLOTMEN - Noel Smyth

DAMPLYCLINKED - Paddy McKillen

HEARANGRY - Ray Grehan

HENPROVENSENT - I am stuck on this one and would appreciate any help

Also I have "I Jolly Leer" solved as Joe Reilly however the man i am thinking off is Joe O'Reilly of Castlethorn Construction. Any thoughts?

BL

the clue is poss wrong? "i jolly leer" has 3 "l"'s

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭samsausage

Anything for Q.1?
    Q. Who said "michael fingleton did a lot for this country. he was great. When you wanted something you got it"

• Advertisement
Advertisement