Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paint ball vs airsoft

Options
  • 15-11-2009 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

give your reasons why why noy one is better then the other im looking to start up one or the other

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

They both offer different things and it depends on what you like as to which one suites you.

In paintball, you have woodsball and speedball - try both. Not your usual day in renting equipment, but meet up with regulars and give the 'sport' a go. i.e. http://www.paintballer.ie/local-news/7867-sod-17-anarky-paintball.html

Then give airsoft a go and compare. Which ever one you like best, stick with it, pratice and get better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 le sniper

have to say tried both and paintball is such a waste of money
    200paint balls €10

4000 bbs €8

paintball is so un accurate and not realistic looking

airsoft is shi* accurate

overall play airsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭enemy

le sniper provides a very poor review of paintball here. i presume you played paintball at a punter site with rental gear? well thats why its so inaccurate and expensive. tournie paintball guns are hella accurate, i know for a fact i can blow your face off from the other end of a tournie field. as for realistic, well i definitely agree tournament paintball is not even remotely similar to anything military, which in my opinion is a good thing. too many bad links between milsim guns, airsoft and paintball. tournament paintball isn't supposed to be 'realistic', its a sport. if you want the realistic stuff stick with the airsoft. or join the army.

Again, another general review of punterball, i.e. where you rent paintball equipment. When you rent equipment you are never going to get the proper experience if you were playing with your own equipment.

The differences in site equipment and the personal equipment is night and day. I am sure it is just like airsoft. You can rent basic guns that get you buy, but then you can also buy your own gear and spend ten times more on it.

Also on the prize, you quote the punterbal prices. Regular players obviously do not pay these kind of prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭airsoftjunkie

paintball v airsoft

Ive played paintball a few times as a punter as you put it and loved it as it was the only thing you could do as a mil type sport but airsoft on the other hand i am addicted to it i love it but both sports are completely different.

airsoft is meant to be based on real military style games eg berget,red hammer,pr2

while paintball is fastpaced and does not really require tactics ,the game areas are small in paintball while airsoft is held in large forests mainly

both sports can be very expensive as with every sport the better the gear the higher the price

both sports have pros and cons and can be argued allday but it comes down what you prefer so this thread is a bit of a waste of time and will do either sport any good
    while paintball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

I am an airsofter through and through but I can not for the life of me understand why there has to be such distain between the two sports.Those outside the two sports think that they are almost the same thing but they are worlds apart.The only thing they have in common is that you shoot something.Both are good sports in their own right and both have enough people knocking them without knocking eachother.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ion c

Excellent point se conman. We are worlds apart, the only similarity is that we shoot something at the opposition.
    And as for no tactics? Have you ever seen a proper tournament game airsoftjunkie?
    We play with some of the most amazing tactics in any sport, we have to adapt plans in a split second. Because we play in a smaller space we have to play even more tactically then with 10 acres.
    I would totally disagree with you and say that we have an even more tactical game.
    When its 5 on 5, tactics make or break a team.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭little big planet 2

is there a power differece between paintballing and airsoft because i know for fact airsoft has a power limit off 328 fps (feet per second) so out of interest what is the fps of a paint balling gun

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭enemy

is there a power differece between paintballing and airsoft because i know for fact airsoft has a power limit off 328 fps (feet per second) so out of interest what is the fps of a paint balling gun

legal fps is 300 fps, there's really no point in comparing airsoft and paintball though. the size of the actual projectile makes a massive difference, its like comparing a golf ball at 300 fps to a bowling ball at 300 fps

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭little big planet 2

thats true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

You don't measure in fps. You measure in joules.

Joules = (0.5)(Weight of the Ball)(Velocity of Ball Squared)

Airsoft is capped at 1 joule. Paintball comes in at 12 to 14 joules depending on what ball you play with. Thats why you have to wear a tougher mask and its hurts alot more when your hit.

But I'll echo the lads here. Airsoft and Paintball are really chalk and cheese. Airsoft is much more realistic in a military sense but Paintball is far more fast paced, especially in tournament games. As for cost, they are pretty much dead even. BB's are cheaper but this is balanced out by the fact many airsofters buy expensive guns and gear. This is the counter balance to paintball where a good gun and gear would cost the same amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭okeanes

enemy wrote: »
    legal fps is 300 fps, there's really no point in comparing airsoft and paintball though. the size of the actual projectile makes a massive difference, its like comparing a golf ball at 300 fps to a bowling ball at 300 fps

LEARN YOURE FACTS BEFORE YOU POST, LEGAL AIRSOFT GUNS CANT SHOOT OVER 327 FEET PER SECOND , also known as a joule

paintball and airsoft have the same hurt factor played both the joule is just higher because of the size of the paintball .

whats this thing of punterpaintball why dont they get good new rentals for people to give a good honest review of paintball, afterall most airsoft rentals are pretty good used one recently myself before i purchased my first ./ dd

okeanes wrote: »
    LEARN YOURE FACTS BEFORE YOU POST, LEGAL AIRSOFT GUNS CANT SHOOT OVER 327 FEET PER SECOND , also known as a joule

paintball and airsoft have the same hurt factor played both the joule is just higher because of the size of the paintball .

whats this thing of punterpaintball why dont they get good new rentals for people to give a good honest review of paintball, afterall most airsoft rentals are pretty good used one recently myself before i purchased my first ./ dd

enemy was quoting the legal FPS for paintball competitions which is 300fps. In competitions it has nothing to do with Joules, its about speed. It is just a coincidence that 300fps happens to be near the mark for airsoft and the 1 joule limit.

Again, another pointless thread about paintball v airsoft. It was a hot topic a few years ago, but not no body cares, just get on with your own game and play it.

Thread Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement