Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&H Meetup: The Second Attempt

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

A Neurotic wrote: »
    It's currently my msn display pic :o

<3

I actually judged the hair off your facebook photo......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Last time we had a poll, for location/time/vague idea of event.

Last time, we also had no meetup.

Hmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Aoibheann wrote: »
    I've never heard of this person, are they trying to usurp my beers-organizing skills? :O

And I'm not organizing (probably), it sounds like effort.. >.< Always me, always always me. :(

You say you wont organize, but you will quickly realize you are the only person on boards capable of mustering together more than 3 apathetic students to get somewhere at a specific time. Its science Aoibheann. Don't fight it. Love it. Hold it. Embrace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

A woman, and everyone else gets called "girl"? I feel so old, you'll be calling me Ma'am next.

And no Freddos for anyone anymore. Last time I try to be nice. </3

I.. think that could almost be a compliment, so I'm taking it as one. And we'll see.. :P I probably will, I can't help it..

A woman, and everyone else gets called "girl"? I feel so old, you'll be calling me Ma'am next.

Here ma' I want some bleedin' chocolate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

I.. think that could almost be a compliment, so I'm taking it as one. And we'll see.. :P I probably will, I can't help it..

Thats your motherly instincts coming out of ye. You should of done midwifery rather than Theoretically ghey Physics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Aha! It's now quite likely that my self-awarded status of legendary mass-Freddo provider is secure once and for all! \o/

Unfortunately, I definitely can't give you chocolate because phlegms will call me all sorts of horrible things if I do.
    phlegms wrote: »
    Thats your motherly instincts coming out of ye. You should of done midwifery rather than Theoretically ghey Physics.

And you should have studied English instead of History.. :P

I have no maternal instincts whatsoever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Unfortunately, I definitely can't give you chocolate because phlegms will call me all sorts of horrible things if I do.

She's not exaggerating either. Horrible, horrible things.

• Advertisement

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

15th or the 17th would be all different kinds of perfect for Dublin, cause I'm going up to kick Doctor Doom's ass in a Street Fighter tournament on the 16th. Apart from that, no days are good.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    15th or the 17th would be all different kinds of perfect for Dublin

That weekend would really suit me as well.

Well I think we're mostly back in college on the 18th so the 17th is perfect here.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I'd say weekend of 23rd really, not back in college until the 18th so I won't be in Dublin then (and I'm sure I'm not the only one, Trinity start back on 18th too)

Could go up a few days early but would probably be doing something down here before college starts again

Sure why not. 17th could work. Pav it is yeah? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    15th or the 17th would be all different kinds of perfect for Dublin, cause I'm going up to kick Doctor Doom's ass in a Street Fighter tournament on the 16th. Apart from that, no days are good.

Nah. My Birthday's on the 15th and my friends are buying/ have already bought me tickets to go to some play or another.
    And on the 16th I'm gettin' wasted.

I'll be back up on the 17th, but don't want to start the semester wrecked.

Screw you all.

bythewoods wrote: »
    Nah. My Birthday's on the 15th and my friends are buying/ have already bought me tickets to go to some play or another.
    And on the 16th I'm gettin' wasted.

I'll be back up on the 17th, but don't want to start the semester wrecked.

Screw you all.

You could, you know, not get completely offurtitswaschted. I know it sounds overly extreme, but you could (now don't hate me for this) drink in moderation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

phlegms wrote: »
    You could, you know, not get completely offurtitswaschted. I know it sounds overly extreme, but you could (now don't hate me for this) drink in moderation.

Never gonna happen.

HAVE WE MET?

bythewoods wrote: »
    Never gonna happen.

HAVE WE MET?

Im sorry..its early..I wasnt thinking straight :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Any weekend suits me really.

..Not that any of you care ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Fuuuuck, it's really going ahead this time? Everyone's gonna meet-up and have a great time and come back here and tell us what a great time you had and the funny stories and crying and the laughter and the fun and the stories?! And it's in Dublin? If by some extraordinary coincidence I happen to be in Dublin that weekend (in Dublin alot these days), by golly, I'll do my bestest to come. Otherwise, it's too far to say "hey, parents, going to the Big Smoke to hang out with some internet buddies of mine who are...err...slightly older than me".

It's looking more likely I'll have to there in spirit.

Please, ladies, no tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Only problem with multiple meetups is that you don't get to meet everyone.

Hahaha....I could see the Cork one now......with about, I don't know, 3 people at it?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Hahaha....I could see the Cork one now......with about, I don't know, 3 people at it?:pac:
    Woohoo! Small group ftw.

TBH, realistically, any meet-ups that aren't uni/college related and outside Dublin aren't going to consist of much people. The culchie population of this forum is grossly under-represented tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

jumpguy wrote: »
    Woohoo! Small group ftw.

TBH, realistically, any meet-ups that aren't uni/college related and outside Dublin aren't going to consist of much people. The culchie population of this forum is grossly under-represented tbh.

I take exception to that, just because you live outside Dublin, it doesn't make you a culchie....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Is there anywhere for Quasar in Dublin? That would be awesome! We could scan in all the print-outs after and have a table of winners!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I take exception to that, just because you live outside Dublin, it doesn't make you a culchie....:pac:

+1 to that!

*brandishes a hurley at the screen*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Some weekend is Dublin works for me (:

Advertisement