Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&H Meetup: The Second Attempt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Only problem with multiple meetups is that you don't get to meet everyone.

And that Limerick doesn't have a ZOO! :cool:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

KnifeWRENCH, My idea solves this!
    Monzo wrote: »
    To non-Boardsies (i.e. the general public) it might appear a tad odd / pathetic though. :D
    Who cares! We're too cool for opinions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Meet in the middle.

...Tipperary.

Only not my house. Jesus Juice doesn't seem to be online, so I volunteer his services.

Alright everyone, you heard the man.

SKINS PARTY AT JESUS JUICE'S GAFF.

This cannot possibly go wrong. I fail to see one single flaw in this plan.

Alright everyone, you heard the man.

SKINS PARTY AT JESUS JUICE'S GAFF.

This cannot possibly go wrong. I fail to see one single flaw in this plan.

His parents are away for some arbitrarily safe length of time as well and I see no reason for them to have to come home unannounced, so it's perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

phlegms wrote: »
    Might just be easier if some of the Dublin college students from teh forum come to the TCD beers. Which Gheybheann is organizing as we speak.

I've never heard of this person, are they trying to usurp my beers-organizing skills? :O

And I'm not organizing (probably), it sounds like effort.. >.< Always me, always always me. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Unless the meet-up is on in the crescent shopping centre, limerick, I doubt I'll be able to go:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

phlegms wrote: »
    Might just be easier if some of the Dublin college students from teh forum come to the TCD beers. Which Gheybheann is organizing as we speak.

Easier but not as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Unless the meet-up is on in the crescent shopping centre, limerick, I doubt I'll be able to go:(

Awww :(
    Limerick it is then
    :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Maybe the winner of whatever the most important Jizzler award is (Biggest Beard probably) should get the casting vote on where to stage this illustrious meetup?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

There's not a lot you can do really if you under 18 when you think about it. I think some people wouldn't be pushed doing anything unless it involves beer.

• Advertisement

Did I mention the zoo?

creggy wrote: »
    There's not a lot you can do really if you under 18 when you think about it. I think some people wouldn't be pushed doing anything unless it involves beer.

I'd prefer a non-beer option, and as well as the age thing (we can hardly exclude under-18s from a meet-up for "Clearasil and Hormones") people travelling from outside the city (whichever city that may be) would need a way to get home (unless some people volunteered their couch)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I was just talking to Rozabeez the other day about the time we had a meet-up for the Teenireland site (R.I.P...) I think we had 8 or 9 there from the forum, and we went bowling. Can't remember who won the bowling, but a good, wholesome day's fun was had by all :)

Pygmalion wrote: »
    I'd prefer a non-beer option, and as well as the age thing (we can hardly exclude under-18s from a meet-up for "Clearasil and Hormones") people travelling from outside the city (whichever city that may be) would need a way to get home (unless some people volunteered their couch)

Just throwing this out there: my couch in Dublin is welcome to anyone, as long as I at least vaguely recognise your username or something on the day.

I was just talking to Rozabeez the other day about the time we had a meet-up for the Teenireland site (R.I.P...) I think we had 8 or 9 there from the forum, and we went bowling. Can't remember who won the bowling, but a good, wholesome day's fun was had by all :)

Obviously wasn't you then! :p

Did I mention the zoo?

\o/ I would LOVE to go to the zoo. Although it makes me cry a little, and want to bring all the animals home, so maybe not..
    Just throwing this out there: my couch in Dublin is welcome to anyone, as long as I at least vaguely recognise your username or something on the day.

*shivers* soooooo cold..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

ZOO! Yes! Any excuse to see the Red panda <3

Aoibheann wrote: »
    \o/ I would LOVE to go to the zoo. Although it makes me cry a little, and want to bring all the animals home, so maybe not..

That's all part of the magic!

*elf face*

AMP

Only Insect Purplelord could make bowling sleazy.

Aoibheann wrote: »

Ooh you should come down to Fota then! The animals roam free instead of being in cages, so you've a better chance of snathcing one. :pac:

C'mon, how hard could it be to sneak out a baby giraffe or a couple of emus?

• Advertisement

She IS an emu...

I mean emo :confused:

Ooh you should come down to Fota then! The animals roam free instead of being in cages, so you've a better chance of snathcing one. :pac:

AMP

Fota is way better than Dublin zoo. FACT!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm terrible at bowling, but I make up for it by being good at other stuff ;)
    D4RK ONION wrote: »

I can't believe you predicted that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

wvpc0p.jpg
    I slaved over this only for you to not save it?! </3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Actually bowling is cheap. I went there some friends from college when we had a 4 hour gap between classes. It was around a €5 a head when used with the student travel card.

*elf face*

I love the elf face, it is weirdly magical. I'm so happy I noticed it. <3

Ooh, I've been there! I loved it.. :) I only ever want to take the animals from the zoo because they all look so depressed. Last time there was a wolf pacing back and forth and looking like it was about to go insane. :(
    She IS an emu...

I mean emo :confused:

Forget the <3 above, </3 :(

Craguls wrote: »
    I slaved over this only for you to not save it?! </3

It's currently my msn display pic :o

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    AMP

Oh please, how could it be difficult to make bowling sleazy? So so much innuendo..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I could give someone a place to stay but security seem fairly strict about this so I'd need to know a day or two in advance who's staying.
    Also I have no couch, just a tiny apartment so they could have their choice between chair, floor and sleeping with me :P.

So yeah, probably best to ask someone else if possible

Advertisement