Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

art and design?

• 04-11-2009 2:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 961 TEMPLAR KNIGHT

just wondering im in college at the moment and i will be dropping out soon and reapplying through the CAO would it be possible for me to create a portfolio for art and design if i did not do art for the leaving cert? any inout into this would be great thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭✭ JoJo_27

You don't need to have done art for the Leaving Cert but you will need a strong portfolio. There's a portfolio preparation course offered by Limerick School of Art & Design/LIT through the Lifelong Learning Department. This is run in the Autumn and Spring terms and is a part-time evening course. See http://www.lit.ie/adulteducation/art/9001.html I know other institutions also offer similar programmes but I heard this one is good as it's taught by the people who assess the portfolios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 TEMPLAR KNIGHT

how long does it usualy take to build up a portfolio do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭ PJTierney

how long does it usualy take to build up a portfolio do you know?
    Most people take a year out and do a portfolio course. I did mine in Desmond College, Newcastle West, (currently a 4th year sculpture student) but Limerick Senior College also does courses.

PJTierney wrote: »
    Most people take a year out and do a portfolio course. I did mine in Desmond College, Newcastle West, (currently a 4th year sculpture student) but Limerick Senior College also does courses.

id be starting a portfolio course in January do you think that would be enough time to get it done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭ PJTierney

id be starting a portfolio course in January do you think that would be enough time to get it done?
    Should be, if you dedicate a lot of time to it.

Just make sure to talk to tutors about a good format for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ morningpeasant

Is it still possible to enter into a portfolio course in January?

Is it still possible to enter into a portfolio course in January?

just in case you didn't get my pm heres the link

http://lit.ie/adulteducation/art/9001.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1 maggiemaymags

Hi , yes I think it is possible. You just need to check with college ad/min.

Advertisement