Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The brand new, fully wrapped and covered in tinsel C+H Christmas thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Oh and I forgot to add that I got my brother a kick-ass present. I won't say it here for fear he'll know what it is, he sometimes comes on here.

Suffice to say, it is AWESOME!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Jay P wrote: »
    I sure will! I promise when I learn it, I'll stick up a video. That may be a while yet though :o

wahey! I'm looking forward to it already:) I play the piano, it takes me ages to learn stuff!

I got the sheet music for this last summer...still havn't learnt it.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Jay P wrote: »
    Oh and I forgot to add that I got my brother a kick-ass present. I won't say it here for fear he'll know what it is, he sometimes comes on here.

Suffice to say, it is AWESOME!
    Is that Micheal? What's his User Name?

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Is that Micheal? What's his User Name?

Yeah. I don't know his username, I'm not entirely sure if he has one, but he has been known to lurk around. Also, I'm pretty sure I'm permanently signed in on his laptop, so it's a bit sketchy! :eek:

I could be wrong though, he may not come on here at all anymore...

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Fair enough, just thought I might add him, we being best buds and all (you're much cooler ;))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Really looking forward to it now!
    Lots of stuff going on, have family coming over from France/England so twill' be like a mini reunion. Then on top of that we have 1 new baby in the family, 1 engagement, 1 60th birthday and a retirement. These have all happened in the last month so theres lots to celebrate!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I can't wait for Christmas. Havn't felt very christassy until about now because of school and homework and stuff but there's only two days left now and we won't be doing much work. Still have a good bit of shopping to be done :o but i'll get round to it. Sitting in now with the family watching films in my pj's so i'ts feeling more like Christmas by the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Actually can't wait for Christmas this year!! :D
    Christmas Eve Day helping my dad give out the turkeys & ham in his shop.
    Then Christmas Eve Night hang out in the pub. And then visit my nana as she gives me 10E credit for my present :).
    Then come back to Clare and watch Home Alone with my sisters.
    Go to bed and then get up at 6 O' Clock for Santa :D.

But firstly, I must get my sister a class Christmas present. Just don't know if I should get her a Torpey, Mycro helmet or tickets to the some concert?? Or if I can even afford any of them?? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

• Advertisement

Jako8 wrote: »

I dislike South Park (A few exceptions, namely the secret of easter episode) by default :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Went out for a late-night walkabout (I love the cold), and I noticed white flecks over everything. It looks like little bits of snow. So there has been a tiny snowfall so far. I hope I wake up tomorrow and it's white. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Fine, I'll join in.

Here's my favourite:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

My dad will be here this Christmas, always a plus :D
    I just love doing the same thing every year, sticking with tradition!
    Christmas eve morning going to the stables to give the horse his presents (:P) then going to the pub before mass. Then when we get back from mass we're allowed open our presents from our relatives :)
    Then its Muppets Christmas Carol and bed!

This year will be my first Xmas without mass :D

*happy*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Fad wrote: »

*happy*

I love mass at Christmas....we go on Christmas Eve, get all dressed up, do the whole "lighting of the candles" craic, the one girl in our parish who can actually sing get's up and sings 'oh holy night'(we sit and watch her in awe) and then we go home and open the presents, couldn't imagine christmas without it! Oh...and I say a few prayers aswell since it's jc's burfday and all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

*happy*
    Same as Arcade Panda, although I'm alot of the time (but not all the time) not the most consistent or enthusiastic church-goer, I do like Christmas night mass. Most people's families are together, and everyone in the community is there. It's abit of a community event really, not just a mass.

I'm not pushed about mass. I'd rather not go, but mass is a small price to pay for presents and dinner. Not trying to be funny.

jumpguy wrote: »
    Same as Arcade Panda, although I'm alot of the time (but not all the time) not the most consistent or enthusiastic church-goer, I do like Christmas night mass. Most people's families are together, and everyone in the community is there. It's abit of a community event really, not just a mass.

No real community spirit where I live tbh (I dont really see that as a bad thing), so mass is not a community event as far as I see it. It's more of a milestone in making my mother realise I want absolutely nothing to do with the Catholic Church*, she's been in denial for a while. I'm not one of those wánker atheists who go off on tangents quoting Dawkins, but I want to get out of the whole church thing as much as I can.

*Same goes for every religion, I just happened to be a member of the CC.

On topic; WOOOOOO Xmas........

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I like Christams eve mass :)
    We dont go to our normal church we go to this small, cosy one in the bogs!(is literelly beside a bog!) But I like it coz I associate it with the excitment, thinking about whats waiting when I get home :D

I just love Christams in general :pac::D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

No real community spirit where I live tbh (I dont really see that as a bad thing), so mass is not a community event as far as I see it. It's more of a milestone in making my mother realise I want absolutely nothing to do with the Catholic Church*, she's been in denial for a while. I'm not one of those wánker atheists who go off on tangents quoting Dawkins, but I want to get out of the whole church thing as much as I can.

*Same goes for every religion, I just happened to be a member of the CC.

On topic; WOOOOOO Xmas........

This.
    I spend every christmas with my uber-catholic extended family, and usually just go on Christmas Day to keep the peace but don't really care anymore, even if they do think I'm an out of control heathen. They actually do, which is pretty funny!

I'm usually extremely excited by this stage but have been really busy with college this year. Have one more assignment to do but then its Father Ted christmas episode time, which never fails to get me in the christmas mood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I don't mind going to mass Christmas morning. We go see relatives afterwards and it's one of the few times of the year we get to see them.
    Mass usually has a nice atmosphere at Christmas, although with all the **** that came out about the Catholic Church in 2009 I wonder will it be a bit different this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Both of my parents are primary school teachers and attend the morning masses in their school' respective parishes, so it's just me and my brothers in our own parish mass every Christmas. It's a chore for all of us. My PP is a bit of a plank and I have no respect for him. And the choir (senior citizens, bless them) are really terrible. It's endearing, but still kind of painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I have never gone to mass at Christmas. The only time I go to mass is when our school makes us or if someone dies.
    I'm not even remotely religious.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I don't mind going to mass Christmas morning. We go see relatives afterwards and it's one of the few times of the year we get to see them.
    Mass usually has a nice atmosphere at Christmas, although with all the **** that came out about the Catholic Church in 2009 I wonder will it be a bit different this year.

Yeah Christmas mass has always contained a nice uplifting atmosphere with a bit of fun thrown in. Usually a few children always run up to the alter and the Priest takes time to ask each one what they got for Christmas, it's always funny to hear the responses. Hopefully that same atmosphere won't be ruined this year.

Jako8 wrote: »
    I have never gone to mass at Christmas. The only time I go to mass is when our school makes us or if someone dies.
    I'm not even remotely religious.

Nothing to do with being irreligious or not. This year I'm staying in Dublin, normally I'm in Cavan for xmas. If I opted out of mass while in Cavan, I'm fairly confident my granny would never speak to me again. It's just keeping the peace with an elderly deluded woman.

I'm not going to keep the shíte up with my mum. If I dont start now she'll expect me to continue to be a practising Catholic (ie Lip Service) later in life, as in if I ever get married (Church Service), have kids (Baptism), or even if I die (I do not want a church funeral, dont care if it brings peace to others, if I die anytime soon, I want people to respect my beliefs......)

In other news, I still have not done my xmas shopping :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I'm ridiculously excited for Christmas this year and I don't know why, maybe it's the fact I'm in 4th year so this actually will be a break instead of the extended study period it was last year. I've been in such a Christmassy mood since eating roses in front of Love Actually on Wednesday, and then went charity collecting.
    Can't wait for presents and food overload on Christmas day! Squee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭knockane_ali09

i love christmas eve mass:) in the church i go to the whole mass is done by candel light... there about 100 + candels in the church its sooo beautiful
    im sooo excited because i got my first proper christmas present under the tree :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

My favourite part of Christmas Eve mass is when the priest hears a phone ring and tells people to turn it off. He realises it's his and answers it and talks to santa, who's flying over Cork and will be over soon. I love hearing all the little childrens reactions :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭knockane_ali09

thats sooo nice:p

Advertisement