Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Mod of Infrastructure: tech2

Options
  • 18-12-2009 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

I won't be online for a few hours, so just to announce now that Tech2 will very shortly be taking over from me as one of the Mods here. I think he'll do a great job and I wish him all the best. Go easy on him 'til he finds his feet ;)
    I'd also like to thank everyone here for making my modship of this forum (which is one of the very best on Boards in my opinion) a really enjoyable experience from start to finish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Best of luck Tech2!!!

Any updates on the N18?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

glineli wrote: »
    Best of luck Tech2!!!

Any updates on the N18?

Thanks glineli.

I haven't been up to the Gort to Crusheen scheme lately due to the flooding and poor weather in general, I will update the thread with more photos in a few weeks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

As a mod that is one of your responsibilities. Regular pics serve as an example to the rest of the forum on how to behave :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

Best of luck Tech2, I look very much forward to moderating this forum with you and seeing what you can bring to it. :)

As for Furet, I think I say on everyone's behalf that we owe you a great deal for transforming this forum from a barren topic-less dump into a small little online community that is starting to thrive. Yes, we're still a little road-obsessed but that phase will pass, I'm sure. :p

You'll be missed as a mod here...

And personally I'll miss the overwhelming M8 bias. :D

But that said, with new modship comes new opportunities and I'm really looking forward to seeing what Tech2 can offer.

All the best to both of you,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

M8 becomes M18 just as it starts to get more interesting schemes, good timing ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

Best of luck tech2!

Pity to see you go Furet - you were doing a good job - I'm sure tech2 will continue the work!

:):):)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement