Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The brand new, fully wrapped and covered in tinsel C+H Christmas thread

• 16-12-2009 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

It's nearly here!! O_o

So, now that most of you are finished or nearly finished your exams, what does everyone plan on doing over Christmas? Have you all bought and wrapped all of your presents? What are you all getting? What are you all looking forward to the most?

I'm not really getting any big presents this year tbh. It's gonna be random small things, DVD's and such. I'm nowhere near finished my shopping. I have no idea what to get everyone.

Mostly looking forward to the traditional family football match on Stephens' morning for the Alicious family Cup. Only started playing in it last year, and now I've got some experience, I'm ready to take on the seasoned pros ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

finished my exams tomorrow...cannot be waiting for tomorrow night anymore...then hoping to get the Baggot Mile or the 12 Pubs of Christmas done over the weekend :)

as yourself im not really getting anything mad for Christmas. just getting lotsa little stuff...plus it was my 21st last week so i kinda got some fairly good stuff for that and lotsa money so im buying myself a new phone and a MacBook if all goes to plan :) still havnt started my christmas shopping though...have a feeling friday is going to be an all out manic shopping day, if i can put myself through that haha :cool:

heres hoping that this is a good christmas. god knows i need it after the year ive had :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Can't believe it's only 9 days away! The year FLEW!!!!

Got most of my parents, I only buy parents for my family, tis' a recession.

Getting a jersey, some games, etc. Nothing much.

Looking forward to the family being together for Christmas, and a break from school. :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Dang, imagine if there was a whole forum for Christmas. Those'd be some pretty sexi moderators in charge of that forum!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

/moved to the Christmas Forum :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

Go, on I dare yeah, I'll just kick it straight back :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Go, on I dare yeah, I'll just kick it straight back :D
    /moved to the Christmas Forum :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

Oh, I love thread pong. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I can't wait for Chirstmas dinner. It's going to be insanely fantastic because I have the coolest Mam in the world! (Who also happens to be the best cook in the entire world :)) Goose, Ham, roast potatoes and gravy *drools*
    It's far and away the best part of Christmas, and seems to get better every year!

As for presents, I know what I'm getting off Mammy and Daddy. I'm kinda disappointed about that, I'd like to have been surprised, but what I'm getting is CLASS! (It's a really good coat). So that should be good. I'm looking forward to seeing what my brothers are getting as well, presents are class! I don't know what they're getting at all, so that makes up for my lack of a surprise :)

Oooh! And when I get home on Friday, the house will be decorated fantabulously as usual :D

I'm just generally madly exited about this Christmas!

So, as you might have figured out from my "mods:" section, I like christmas quite a bit! Probably my favourite time of the year, due to a combination of winter (best season), holidays and presents. And lights!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Yeah, I loved winter last year. I love walking to school on a really, really frosty morning. It wakes you up, makes you feel alive, the air tastes clean and fresh, very relaxing. Summer is all go and hustle and bustle, and suffocating heat (although I love summer too, they're both special in different ways).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

The month off will be lovely (This college semester was kinda shít, ignoring one or two lovely things happening), I hate spending extended periods of time with my family though, rows just break out and I'm beginning to get properly sick of that (My family dont really get on).

In short.......I dont enjoy xmas.

Also I'm working on xmas day :(

• Advertisement

I also love the weather around Christmas. It's kinda weird, but I just love the cold. I like being able to wrap up in a scark, gloves and really warm clothes. It's just a really nice feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,108 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The day itself I'm looking forward to....rest of holidays, not so much. have to go home(thats not the bad bit), and really not liking work at the moment. So that'll ruin my holidays(unless I get new job somewhre which I'm hoping for).

PResent-wise, well I hav it. Ticket for Them Crooked Vultures gi in London on 17th...yes, tomorrow:D Parents then said they'll get me something small as surprise for the day, so expecting history books:cool:

Giving presents-wise: still have all family to buy for. Got gf tickets for Muse at Wembley and something else thats related to how we first met. Know what I'm getting others though, so all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Mushy wrote: »
    expecting history books:cool:

Also expecting history books!:p

Me and my dad went christmas tree shopping today and there were only five very sad, very sick looking trees left for sale. We bought one but it looks vaguely like this..

tree.gif

a bit of a limpy pig but I love it anyway!

Expecting a suitably crap present from my mother(slippers last year, I ask you?) But hey, it's the thought that counts.

I love christmas...especially the bit where I eat my weight in pudding on christmas day and then fall asleep in front of the fire watching Singing in the rain/some like it hot/it's a wonderful life.

Can't wait for the nights out either....everyone's going to be home, wahey!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Going home Monday, very excited about it :) also have festive drink sessions lined up this weekend with a few friends I don't get to see very often (what with them being productive members of society and all).

In terms of presents, think I'm getting an mp3 player-I've never owned one, I'm too non conformist-and then some small things. Giving music and movies, as well as an audrey hepburn poster for the housemate I got for secret Santa. Not doing presents with the bf as we're both so broke, going to just buy about twenty quids worth of nice food, cook a nice dinner and have a nice night in :)

Little brother just had surgery last week so he'll be bed or couch bound for most of the holidays which sucks a bit, but I'm looking forward to eating my weight in crap, playing a lot of beatles rockband, drinking a LOT and seeing people from home I probably haven't seen since last christmas :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Still havent bought presents :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Neither have I :(

But I do love Christmas! :)

I came home from an exam to find the Christmas tree up this year though. I always put the tree up, so it still doesn't feel like Christmas... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Oh, I cannot f*cking wait! Been a bit homesick lately (even though I go home once or twice a month, the weekends fly by and I hate the rushed feeling so I never get properly relaxed) and also haven't seen two of my brothers in ages! The last couple of weeks of college have been stressful enough as well so it'll be a very relieving month - none of the study guilt of last year, what with the Leaving Cert looming over me and all...

My best mates are currently doing their LC so I don't get to see them nearly enough, should be nice to get some chill time with them too. And catch up with everyone from my year who went to different colleges. And sleep a lot. Did I mention that I can't f*cking wait?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Im going to eat turkey until I bleed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I'm looking forward to having a normal Christmas this year. My brother had to be taken to the hospital last year because his appendix was inflamed, so I ended up by myself all day at home playing Fallout 3 and using the rest of my presents.

It's a lot less fun and a lot more lonely than you'd think.

So yes normal Christmas this year down to the tackiest and lamest of traditions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

I should buy some of those present things people keep mentioning..
    Dunno why I keep putting it off. I mean, I know exactly what I'm buying for people, I'm in town everyday, I have some money set aside to get them...Im just so stupidly lazy :o

• Advertisement

I just put the decorations up on our dodgy tree...looking a lot less dodgy and sad, wohoo!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I don't really feel all that Christmassy yet. :( I usually love Christmas but there's something missing this year. Also, everyone in my family is impossible to buy presents for and I haven't done any shopping yet.

Still looking forward to Christmas dinner though. And if it snows I will be like a giddy 6 year old. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

I've just had my first mince pie of the year......Christmas has officially begun:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Yesterday, instead of studying for my final exam of the semester, I went into town and bought a Santa hat. It took 8 hours.

I went and di some Christmas shopping, and the amount of slow walkers/old people drove me insane! :mad:

I bought myself the sheet music to Clair de Lune, so I'm gonna try and learn how to play that. I may be a while though :o

Jay P wrote: »
    I went and di some Christmas shopping, and the amount of slow walkers/old people drove me insane! :mad:

I bought myself the sheet music to Clair de Lune, so I'm gonna try and learn how to play that. I may be a while though :o

That would be amazing to learn that...stick with it!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Usually I love Christmas but I'm really not looking forward to it this year. Although I'll be glad to see 2009 come to an end.
    I'm getting a few books and things like that so the holidays are going to be cool. Intending to study too,of course:p
    The food is also a big highlight for me,LOVE Christmas dinner and breakfast and dessert and snacks.
    In terms of Christmas shopping,haven't done a bit of it yet :o I'm only getting presents for my family so hopefully I can get it all done this weekend. I'm broke though :pac:

Can't wait to get off for the holidays!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Usually I love Christmas but I'm really not looking forward to it this year. Although I'll be glad to see 2009 come to an end.
    I'm getting a few books and things like that so the holidays are going to be cool. Intending to study too,of course:p
    The food is also a big highlight for me,LOVE Christmas dinner and breakfast and dessert and snacks.
    In terms of Christmas shopping,haven't done a bit of it yet :o I'm only getting presents for my family so hopefully I can get it all done this weekend. I'm broke though :pac:

Can't wait to get off for the holidays!

OMG! You're ME! :eek:
    All the above pretty much describes me (except, thankfully, I'm not broke)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

My presents for my family are wrapped and under the tree :) got my mam the Susan Boyle album, some soapy things and a book thing, got my dad a book and dvd, my sister a few bags, pjs, slippers, dvds, and my brothers i got dvds for! jewellery for everyone else!! and i still have money left! ahwoohoo!! day off school on monday so I think I might get a new skirt and shoes for Christmas day.. and then a half day on Tuesday! i love christmas, i love christmas, i love christmas!!! i am getting car insurance aswell.. so i cannot waitttttttttt :D and a few other bits aswell! my favourite part of christmas day is ... everything!!! i really do love walking into the living room to see what santa brought! we still have santa in our house aswell! thank god! happy xmas everyoneeeeee!

• Advertisement

That would be amazing to learn that...stick with it!:)

I sure will! I promise when I learn it, I'll stick up a video. That may be a while yet though :o

Advertisement