Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can we Improve Puzzles/Quizzes?

Options
  • 07-12-2009 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭

As of last week, this forum is now 5 years old. So thanks to everyone who's posted here over the years. It's been busier than ever these last few months.

So it seems about the right time to gather some feedback.
    The question's in the title. What could Papa Smut and I do, as moderators, to improve the forum, and keep it going strong for another 5 years?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭PFJSplitter

Blisterman - the addition of "The Conundrum" is a much appreciated improvement - thanks for the support.
    Hopefully it won't be abused.

EDIT: (Afterthought)
    Would it be too much of a server/logistics problem to have a few arcade games available to the QPs?
    The mods have most likely visited other forums which offer a handful of single player games - Tetris,
    Minesweeper, Diamond Mine, Tile Games like Mah Jong - to generate a bit of competition among the
    registered users.

Have I been a mod that long :eek:

PFJ: Please treat me like I've been hidden with Osama in a cave on Mars. Whats a QP?

I don't think the software will enable us to embed games and could be a drain on resources. Links have always been welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭PFJSplitter

Sorry Papa Smut - 'QP' (Quizzers & Puzzlers) instead of 'Kewpies' (Kewpie Dolls), rolls off the tongue much easier than 'PQs'. Masculine users might not like the term 'Kewpie'.
    Kindly bear with me - I'm an outcast from TCN, if there is such an animal.

Thanks for supporting the addition of an OT chat thread, and for tagging it with a 'sticky'.

Get Ponster back in here.

/thread

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Get Ponster back in here.

/thread

I've just spotted this (yeah, late I know).

Remember those quiz-type things I used to do a few years back? Well I'd love to do some more. I stopped last time because I broke and then lost the Excel tool I used to work out the scores. The last one I started it took me 3 days to mark so I kinda gave up...

Are any of the old players still here ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement