Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mitsubishi's???

Options
  • 05-12-2009 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

does anyone buy mitsu's anymore?? i have one but trying to offload now but i havent heard any feedback so far.. its still a bit soon but i thought id hear from somebody by now?? what are peoples opinion on mitsubishi's??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Ten years out of date. They should just change their name to Proton and get it over with. Pity though, the last Galant was a fine car at the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

EPM wrote: »
    Ten years out of date. They should just change their name to Proton and get it over with. Pity though, the last Galant was a fine car at the time

The last Galant was a fine looking car, and I was a big fan... till I drove one. Disappointment is an understatement. I wouldn't mind, but the Colt was a fine handling car, Mitsu knew better than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭oxegen85

so nobody wants one then... i admit they have some dubious looking vehicles but some are after improving... but i dont see many people with them now as i think they are on the same standard as the likes of toyota and the likes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

oxegen85 wrote: »
    so nobody wants one then...

If it's an Evo, FTO, GTO or Starion then yes.
    Otherwise I'm afraid that the answer is no.:D

Last galant drove well I thought. We'd a diesel one and it was great bar a gearbox under warranty. At the time I would have loved a V6...

• Advertisement

looks like im gonna find it hard shifting mine then haha...

Show us the ad. Price or car could well be the problem...

Show us the ad. Price or car could well be the problem...

i think we talked about this EPM already but heres the ad... hope i dont get cautioned for advertising.. just simply looking for some constructive criticism.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mitsubishi/Lancer/Intense/200948195972654/advert?channel=CARS

I don't think that there's anything wrong with that car.
    People may be reluctant to buy such a new car from a private sale.
    It's alot of money to spend with little or no comeback.

Selling it at an auction may work better, with a reserve of course.
    It really is a buyers market though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think the problem with the OP's car is that:
    • First, he/she is having the same problem as most dealers are having selling new cars is that people cannot get credit, banks are gone so tight with loans now. Cheap cars are selling but it is alot more difficult for someone to get someone to arrive at your door with €16k than it is with €6k.
    • Secondly most people when going for 08/09 cars are looking at diesel cars to avail of cheaper motor tax, generally 08/09 petrol cars are not in demand, Ford have even stopped selling the Focus now in petrol due to the lack of demand.
    • Thirdly, Mitsubishi are a weak brand in Ireland these days, EVO aside, other makers offer so much more choice these days making them more popular. Most people like to stick with what they are familiar with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭Top Dog

You forgot Pajero/Shogun and L200 - plenty of them on the road too ;)

Top Dog wrote: »
    You forgot Pajero/Shogun and L200 - plenty of them on the road too ;)

I'm not into tractors :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Interesting thing about Mitsubishi is they're not a car company.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

JHMEG wrote: »
    Interesting thing about Mitsubishi is they're not a car company.

How? They are a company. They make cars... They are a car company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

mooman wrote: »
    How? They are a company. They make cars... They are a car company.

Making cars is a VERY minor part of Mitsubishi does. It's almost as if they design cars for a hobby, i.e the FTO and EVO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Their primary industry is not cars. To say Mitsubishi is a car company is a bit like saying Maxol is a car wash company.

I don't think that there's anything wrong with that car.
    People may be reluctant to buy such a new car from a private sale.
    It's alot of money to spend with little or no comeback.

Selling it at an auction may work better, with a reserve of course.
    It really is a buyers market though.

how wouldnt they have a comeback.. theyd have a comeback the same as if they boiught it at a dealers as the warranty is still on it..

bazz26 wrote: »
    I think the problem with the OP's car is that:
    • First, he/she is having the same problem as most dealers are having selling new cars is that people cannot get credit, banks are gone so tight with loans now. Cheap cars are selling but it is alot more difficult for someone to get someone to arrive at your door with €16k than it is with €6k.
    • Secondly most people when going for 08/09 cars are looking at diesel cars to avail of cheaper motor tax, generally 08/09 petrol cars are not in demand, Ford have even stopped selling the Focus now in petrol due to the lack of demand.
    • Thirdly, Mitsubishi are a weak brand in Ireland these days, EVO aside, other makers offer so much more choice these days making them more popular. Most people like to stick with what they are familiar with.

i totally agree with yor first point but i dont think your second point is a main reason for the problem.. that cars tax is only €302 which i know is higher than the diesels but not by a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

i totally agree with yor first point but i dont think your second point is a main reason for the problem.. that cars tax is only €302 which i know is higher than the diesels but not by a lot

The tax may not be a lot to you but consider this. If I buy a diesel not only can I save tax but the diesel is cheaper per litre and the diesel car will do more miles to the gallon. Also most people will enjoy driving the diesel more than a petrol(I'm making this comment based on the fact that we are talking about a small engined petrol car here), imo you would want to be mad to drive a 1.5 petrol over a diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Mitsubishi Motors is the car company.

• Advertisement

Thing is you can tax a similar year Focus/Astra/Corolla diesel for around €156. While €302 is not a huge difference in the grand scheme of things, the market has changed and it does work against the Lancer which is already outgunned by the likes of the Focus, etc.

The Lancer needs the Colt's diesel engine to stand any chance of competing against the market leaders but I don't think Mitsubishi are interested in the Irish market despite having a pretty healthy market share up to the mid 1990s.

Wasn't it called the Colt Car Company at one stage in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

kermitpwee wrote: »
    The tax may not be a lot to you but consider this. If I buy a diesel not only can I save tax but the diesel is cheaper per litre and the diesel car will do more miles to the gallon. Also most people will enjoy driving the diesel more than a petrol(I'm making this comment based on the fact that we are talking about a small engined petrol car here), imo you would want to be mad to drive a 1.5 petrol over a diesel.

Have you driven the 1.5 Lancer?

Try it and you will be suprised, its not fast but I had to laugh when you said its not as much fun as a diesel, maybe not a 170bhp diesel, but a 1.6tdci or the like :D They are no fun at all, little bit of power at low revs and nothing, the new Lancer handles great and its a revvy little engine and has a nice engine note for a 1.5.Looks super as well, one of the nicest things on the road and you wont have any problems with it.If your not stuck for cash, keep it OP.

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Have you driven the 1.5 Lancer?

Try it and you will be suprised, its not fast but I had to laugh when you said its not as much fun as a diesel, maybe not a 170bhp diesel, but a 1.6tdci or the like :D They are no fun at all, little bit of power at low revs and nothing, the new Lancer handles great and its a revvy little engine and has a nice engine note for a 1.5.Looks super as well, one of the nicest things on the road and you wont have any problems with it.If your not stuck for cash, keep it OP.

id love to keep it.. its great.. but im moving abroad and have to sell it.. then a whole new range of cars are open to me.. :D

id love to keep it.. its great.. but im moving abroad and have to sell it.. then a whole new range of cars are open to me.. :D

Pity, but your going to have drop the price by alot, 16.3k is crazy stuff.Not what you want to hear, I test drove one in september and the dealer would have gave me a brand new 2010 model for a grand or two under 20k if I wanted.Subaru would have matched that deal with the impreza diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well the current mitsu colt is a cracking little car and i've noticed quite a few around

Haha!

Ten years out date, jesus:rolleyes:

New lancer is a great car, one of the best saloon's around, its easily up there with the new Corrola's, Civic's, Focus's, etc.It even has a decent diesel now and with a few cosmetic change's it has lane clearing power and with Mitsu reliability :o.

What more do you want?

Colt is suppose to be great as well, like fryup has said.

Why do you think like that EPM?

Mitsu have turned a corner imo! Not back to mid 90's yet, but they are going places after a few bad years.

i think we talked about this EPM already but heres the ad... hope i dont get cautioned for advertising.. just simply looking for some constructive criticism.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mitsubishi/Lancer/Intense/200948195972654/advert?channel=CARS

Ah my apologies! I remember now! The house mate was looking at cars in this budget. In the end she bought an 08 Focus econetic import with 6k up on it for 14 ish k cash.

She only does about 6k a year anyway and even she was hell bent on diesel. The new tax regime has seriously turned people off petrol and many dont seem to think even a little bit about the benefits of a petrol these days. It may have to be slightly cheaper though to make it more attractive though I think.

Best of luck with the sale

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Pity, but your going to have drop the price by alot, 16.3k is crazy stuff.Not what you want to hear, I test drove one in september and the dealer would have gave me a brand new 2010 model for a grand or two under 20k if I wanted.Subaru would have matched that deal with the impreza diesel.

well its the lowest on carzone by a good way as the others closest to me is deals with a scrappage scheme... and also the warranty is still there so theres no advantage of going to a dealer really..

• Advertisement

well its the lowest on carzone by a good way as the others closest to me is deals with a scrappage scheme... and also the warranty is still there so theres no advantage of going to a dealer really..

There is and there isn't. If I was spending that much I'd go to a dealer if I had a choice. A dealers car will come serviced and properly valeted. Also you have slightly more comeback if it turns out to be a complete lemon. Also if people are financing then a dealer again...

Advertisement