Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Smells that remind you of things

Options
  • 03-12-2009 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭

Everyone I know seems to have some sort of smell that reminds them of a particular thing/time/place. For me, Palmer's Cocoa Butter = Play TV, 'cause during this summer, when my sleep pattern was completely reversed, I ritually doused myself in the stuff while watching the only thing that was on the hanger-in-the-back-to-pick-up-the-signal three station tv in my room.

Now, whenever I smell the stuff, your woman with the red hair instantly comes to mind.

How about you guys?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Play TV=WIN

That's a really interesting thread actually. Em... There's a certain perfume that reminds me of maths because my tutor from junior cert used to wear it. I wish I knew what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

The Lynx that smells of Orange reminds me of Oxegen aseverything; my clothes, tent, friends smelt of it as it was the only deodarant we brought with us.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The smell of baking bread makes me think about bread baking...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

The smell of baking bread makes me think about bread baking...

I love baking bread.
    In fact, I got a job in a bakery....
    I KNEAD THE DOUGH.
    :pac:

Anyway, smells. Errrr, the smell of rollies always reminds me of a really good friend of mine who I only get to see at weekends nowadays, as he's always smoking them.
    LOVE the smell of them, remind me of all of our adventures.

Ah there's loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

The smell of Bacardi always reminds me of Christmas.

The smell of JD always reminds me of Heavy Metal gigs and great times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

the smell of paint reminds me of moving into my new house and well this is kind of off the point, but my friend's house always smells so cosy kind of like curry and other spices,its ace. when i get my own house i totally want it to smell like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

The smell of turf reminds me of hard work:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

The smell of turf reminds me of hard work:mad:

do you work in a bog?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

do you work in a bog?!

Close.........he's a county bumpkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

The smell of ham reminds me of Christmas.

And certain perfumes remind me of different people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

The smell of Listerine mouthwash reminds me of Irish College. Today, the soap I used today reminded me of it too for some reason. It's weird cos the one I use everyday.... :confused:

Advertisement