Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flanking noise

Options
  • 23-11-2009 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi folks, I'd appreciate any feedback on this.

I've a 3 bed semi-d and am experiencing a large amount of noise from next door. From what I've read here and elsewhere on the web I think it's flanking noises, ie. footsteps on wooden floor, chairs being moved on wooden floor, drawers and wardrobes opening, people going up and down the stairs. We also hear a fair bit of airborne noise.

The reason for my post is to see if anyone has successfully managed to sort out this problem, partially or otherwise. To be honest the noise is not unbearably loud as the neighbours are quite considerate. But sometimes it can feel like somebody is moving a chair in the same room as yourself. There isn't a hope of me doing this work myself so I would be looking to get in a professional, we live on the south side of Dublin. The house was built in the 80's, I think the parti wall is a regular block with plasterboard just blobbed on. I don't think there is any void between the block and plasterboard.

Thanks in advance,

Wikey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭barney150

Wilkey, im sound proofing a party wall this week so ill let you know how it wors out. have a posting 'Sound insulation in a semi_D' check that out for some ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wikey

Will do, thanks a mill. Best of luck.

Wikey

Advertisement