Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return of the days of Noah!

Options
  • 22-11-2009 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Natural disasters are those normal occurrences which happen from time to time. Tragic as they are as property and lives are lost they are inevitable and part of the course of natural history, geologically, climatically etc.

But then there is another category of those disasters which are above and beyond what has happened before in scale and destruction to where society is shaken by them.

We can see in the Abrahamic tradition of scripture that whenever mankind becomes too much emboldened and rebels against God and openly challenges God and his honour that they are overtaken by some un-natural occurrence which completely shocks the people out of there complacency.

Say, ‘Travel in the earth and see how evil was the end of the
    sinful!’ (al-Naml, 27:70)

In the Qur’an it is revealed to man that sometimes God shows his wrath at the sinful and rebellious people trough the sign of un-natural disasters. Allah is most Merciful but when a point comes where the best mercy Allah can bestow on man is to slap his hand he causes the ground beneath his feet to shake.

And, truly, your Lord is Gracious to mankind, but most of
    them are not grateful. (Surah al-Naml, 27:74)

Allah has chosen to punish the Muslim nations and try them for the sin of having become corrupt and left behind the true pure teaching of Islam. Because we have accepted Prophet Muhammad (saw) there can be no excuse for the Muslims. But also the rest of the world must also repent of there rebelliousness in the sight of God.

Allah says in the Qur’an that; Say, ‘He has power to send punishment upon you from above you or from beneath your feet, or to confound you by splitting you into sects and make you taste the violence of one another.’ See how We expound the Signs in various ways that they may understand! (Al An’am ch.6 v.6)

Recently we have seen and are seeing in Ireland and the UK that the worst rain and flooding since records began. Such destruction on a massive scale which is being called nu-natural.

THE worst rains in 1000 years have turned streets in the UK and Ireland into rivers – Global News
    Devastation on a ‘Biblical’ scale: is this a glimpse of the future for the UK? – The Herald
    Some areas hit by four times average rain – Irish times
    New York Irish concerned for "worst flooding in living memory" in Cork City and elsewhere
    -Examiner

Over 100 years ago the one whom claimed to be the Promised Messiah of the latter days Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (as) warned the world of great trials to come of un-natural proportions. In relation to Europe he stated;

O Europe, you are not safe and O Asia, you, too, are not immune. And O dwellers of islands, no false gods shall come to your rescue. I see cities falling and settlements laid waste. The One and the Only God kept silent for long. Heinous deeds were done before His eyes and He said nothing. But now He shall reveal His face in majesty and awe. Let him who has ears hear that the time is not far. I have done my best to bring all under the protection of God but it was destined that what was written should come to pass. Truly do I say that the turn of this land too is approaching fast. The times of Noah shall reappear before your eyes and your own eyes will be witnesses to the calamity that overtook the cities of Lot. But God is slow in His wrath. Repent that you may be shown mercy! He who does not fear Him is dead not alive.

The times of Noah”. This is very specific for what happened in the times of Noah? Floods.

So it is just my humble wish that I convey this to all and inshallah perhaps someone out there may take heed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

+1 ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It pretty much floods every year in Galway now and I would be more inclined to blame global warming than some deity.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Magnus wrote: »
    It pretty much floods every year in Galway now and I would be more inclined to blame global warming than some deity.
    Global warming is becoming a tired phrase by now, merely an excuse for politicians to squeeze more money from all of us. If they could, they would tax flatulence.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,671 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Well I think it was the christian God, indicating her displeasure at the public-sector workers going on strike this week.

;)

... seriously, isn't there a Conspiracy Theories forum for this sort of stuff? Or one about broadening your horizons (sorry, can't remember it's name right now).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I fail to see why any of the the posts in this thread would need to be referred to a conspiracy theorist's forum???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If it is Allah/Jehova causing the rains wouldn't it rain everywhere at the same time?
    It should also rain constantly, not on/off like now.
    Hmm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Yusuf Mirza

The point is not of an actual Noahide flood brother. The point is that Allah is now warning mankind to come back from the brink and back to his worship and recognition.:)

http://www.alislam.org/library/links/00000039.html

Above is a great link to answer this question if you like.

It's ok - I saw a dove with an olive branch earlier so the worst is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Theponylady

Oh good grief. Natural disasters happen regularly around the world. New Orleans got hit by Katrina-that disaster was MUCH worse than what we saw here(and I say that as one of the many here flooded out of their houses). I lived another place where we had three "100 year" floods in two years. The tsunami killed over what, 100000 people?

This sort of thing was happening before people existed, and will be happening long after we are gone. It has nothing to do with religion, good, bad, evil, sin, or any other man made condition.

They are calling the recent floods an "800 year" event. The reason for that is, it's something that can be expected to happen once every 800 years. They know that, because it has happened before. Quite a number of times. Just not in our recent history.

Advertisement