Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

belgard motors apply to high court to appoint liquidator

Options
  • 13-11-2009 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

reported in the insolvency journal this evening.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I had heard a few weeks ago that they applied for administration. I guess it didn't work out...

http://www.insolvencyjournal.ie/home_more_details/09-11-13/Provisional_Liquidator_appointed_to_Belgard_Motor_Group.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

vang wrote: »
    reported in the insolvency journal this evening.

[James May]Ah Cock[/James May]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

from fxcentre...

Liquidator appointed to Belgard Motors
    sp.gifFriday, 13th November 2009 04.54pm sp.gifsp.gifsp.gif
    Belgard Motor Group today applied to the High Court for the appointment of a provisional liquidator.
    A statement said that the group has experienced "extremely challenging" trading conditions in recent months as a result of the economic downturn and the severe decline in the motor trade.
    "The Directors of the group and members of its senior management made every effort to restructure the company to secure its viability. However, these efforts were unsuccessful and the Directors were left with no alternative but to apply for the appointment of a Provisional Liquidator," it said.
    Tom Kavanagh of Kavanagh Fennell was appointed Provisional Liquidator to the group.
    sp.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

FCUK!

I have a Golf sitting in their workshops with no clocks in it :mad:

FCUK!

Call them now if they are still open before Lombard reposses everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

R.O.R wrote: »

VW Bank really got here at the wrong time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

R.O.R wrote: »

No joy. More sh1te to deal with on Monday now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

FCUK!

And it's gone :D

No joy. More sh1te to deal with on Monday now.

Crap. Thankfully we didn't have anything in there for a change.

Got an A4 on order for 2010 with them, but not worried about that as some one else will pick up the order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭jayotala

I worked there for years, sorry to see the place go, thats a lot of good people out of work. Some of my good friends still worked there until now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭buzzard

Put a deposit on a car on Monday....

What's my chances of getting my money back:eek::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

buzzard wrote: »
    Put a deposit on a car on Monday....

What's my chances of getting my money back:eek::mad:

Bit tough to be honest,you will need to call the liquidator to arrange this!

You did get a receipt for the deposited amount?

Put a deposit of over 2.5k by cheque though the receipt said at the bottom that "Deposit is non refundable". Tongue in cheek or what

Cunnts probably knew what was happening and still took my money. Will call up tomorrow to check it out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Heard very strong rumours of this (work around the corner, eat breakfast in the cafe nearest them whenever I'm not out on the road).

On a horribly vindictive personal note - wonder if "their" petrol station is going to stay open? The ATM is damn handy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

That's a very big casualty, if they can fall anyone can.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭alias no.9

buzzard wrote: »
    Put a deposit of over 2.5k by cheque though the receipt said at the bottom that "Deposit is non refundable". Tongue in cheek or what

Cunnts probably new what was happening and still took my money. Will call up tomorrow to check it out.

Don't bother calling them, call your bank and cancel the cheque if it hasn't already cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

How does a car seller end up with debts of €70 million? It must have been doing something other than just selling cars (or not as it may have been)

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Don't bother calling them, call your bank and cancel the cheque if it hasn't already cleared.

Cheque hasn't cleared yet but I would expect it to change by Monday. Will let you know how I get on

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭dublinhead

I bought my first car there, around since 1969..
    Sorry to see it go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭seasam

I wonder will anybody take on the Porsche franchise now ?

Does anybody know where these guys are moving to ?
    http://motopoint.ie/M9/index.php

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

How does a car seller end up with debts of €70 million? It must have been doing something other than just selling cars (or not as it may have been)

Glass palace showroom likely paid for entirely by the bank. Two of them in fact, either side of the Old Belgard Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 dooardbhoy

I heard Motopoint they were moving to old Esmondes site in Goatstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Shower of bas7ards. Quoted me €2000.00 for head gasket, sump et al, when all that was wrong was a drop of spilled oil. Their reception area was nicer than most hotels I've stayed in. Sorry for the lads who'll lose their jobs, but the management have had this coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭MarkN

Will Porsche give the franchise to someone else? Not like there's no other VW/Audi/Mazda dealers... but the Porsche one?

Bit on unfinished business with Belgard myself just not of the purchase order variety.

Not nice to hear of people losing jobs though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

dooardbhoy wrote: »
    I heard Motopoint they were moving to old Esmondes site in Goatstown.

Ahhh so that's who is moving in there. Drove by there today and there was a few cars and bikes around the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Wow. A family member bought a car from them 2 years ago. Nice show rooms and the young saleslad from Mayo was sound enough. Bit cheeky making customers queue to pay a deposits tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

MYOB wrote: »
    Glass palace showroom likely paid for entirely by the bank. Two of them in fact, either side of the Old Belgard Road.

Because they were insisted on by the marques they were selling...

Where are Merc/VW/Audi now?

Shame on them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Fishtits wrote: »
    Because they were insisted on by the marques they were selling...

Where are Merc/VW/Audi now?

Shame on them all.

I dont get this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Mick K

RedorDead wrote: »
    I dont get this?
    Merc/VW/Audi/Bmw all the way down the line have a certain standard of showroom dealers have to meet,They dont meet it they dont get the dealership.Simple.VW/AUDI/Merc forced this spending on every dealer in the country and now their dropping like flies and no Brand has bailed any dealer out yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ishotjd

I'd like to say the following;

To Buzzard,
    Of course it says 'deposit non refundable' on your receipt as you where fully expectant that Belgard motors would order or buy in a car, on your behalf that would have cost them a lot more than the 2.5k you left as a deposit. Secondly I can assure you that the staff member that was responsible for taking your deposit was not aware the company was entering liquidation. Becareful before calling people cu*ts from now on !!

To onearmedbandit,
    If you could read the news reports correctly it's €17 million not €70 million. Unfortunately this was more a case of the VW group putting an end to Belgard Motors, have a read of the numerous articles in todays papers, in which it states Paul Willis head of VW group Ireland, is not prepared to comment on the rescue plan put forward for the dealership, no interest in the job losses aparently!!

To MarkN,
    Good luck with that one, you haven't a hope lad!!

Advertisement