Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

largest crane ever used in Ireland

Options
  • 07-11-2009 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

This seems to be in the news in the north west. I havent seen any pictures of this crane yet but must be massive.

http://oceanfm.ie/news/2009/10/27/work-begins-on-sligo-dublin-rail-line/

Work begins on Sligo Dublin rail line
    The largest crane ever used in Ireland will be part of work starting today on the Sligo to Dublin train line.

The crane, imported from Texas, has a lift capacity of 1,350 tonnes and will be used over the next twelve days to replace a railway bridge near Lough Tap between Dromod and Carrick on Shannon.

Passengers on the Sligo to Dublin train will have to add 30 minutes on to their journey time from today until the 7th of November to facilitate the works..

A bus service will be in operation between Sligo and all stations to Dromod.

Buses will leave Sligo and Collooney 30 minutes in advance of the scheduled train times to Dublin and will depart Ballymote, Boyle and Carrick-on-Shannon 20 minutes before normal train times..

My views are my own.

Comments

Advertisement