Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone pics

Options
  • 07-11-2009 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi All,

I'm just curious about the mobile phone camera usage.
    Do you use the camera on your phone at all? If so, what do you
    do with the pics once they have been taken?

I have a 3.2mb camera in my phone and I've been taking loads of pictures..but somehow I don't really use them for anything. I don't even download them to my computer as I use to do with my regular camera. Anybody feeling the same way? Any suggestions on how I can make it more useful?

Cheers

Comments

I make full use out of my phone camera.. Like it's really essential that I take all these photos..

Typical Example..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

If you want to take photos, use a camera. I dont know about anyone else but I usually end up wanting to smash the phone off the head of the person taking photos with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

MMM Ribs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I've only ever used the camera on my phone once, there was an accident at work & there was no other camera to use.

i take lots of pcitures when were out drinking. digital pictures cant be used at the scene of an accident wont stand up in court as they can be altered

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gorba

mudokon wrote: »
    I've only ever used the camera on my phone once, there was an accident at work & there was no other camera to use.

That seems to be the case for me as well, I only use the camera on my phone when I am not carrying my regular camera.

Does anyone there upload pics straight from their mobile phones or do you donwload to your computer and then use them in emails, facebook, etc? I have access to the Internet on my phone but it's just to dear to use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I use my phone camera all the time. Think it's like 3 MP, and the quality is very good. Have had some printed out on photo paper, and they look as good as camera photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Bazzy wrote: »
    digital pictures cant be used at the scene of an accident wont stand up in court as they can be altered

I'd highly doubt that statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    I'd highly doubt that statement.

I was going to say the same thing, you could take a picture with a non digital camera, scan it into a computer & then manipulate that picture too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Bazzy wrote: »
    i take lots of pcitures when were out drinking. digital pictures cant be used at the scene of an accident wont stand up in court as they can be altered

not true - images can be manipulated easily but there is also software to prove if an image has be altered in any way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

ive a 5pixel camera on my phone and theres a place for an esb key too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Use it quite a lot on mine... Usually take about 20 pictures of squirrels or ducks whenever I'm walking through the park near me:p

Tis nice and easy to transfer pics from it via bluetooth or the data cable that came with the phone
    Can be an awfully fiddly bastard of a thing to use though (SE C902), and the flash is absolute pants, so I'd usually bring my proper camera with me if I'm going on a trip/on a night out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gorba

tman wrote: »
    Use it quite a lot on mine... Usually take about 20 pictures of squirrels or ducks whenever I'm walking through the park near me:p

Tis nice and easy to transfer pics from it via bluetooth or the data cable that came with the phone
    Can be an awfully fiddly bastard of a thing to use though (SE C902), and the flash is absolute pants, so I'd usually bring my proper camera with me if I'm going on a trip/on a night out

Yeah, the flash is a big issue isn't it? I mean, outdoor pics come up fairly good compared to the ones taken indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

All the queers on bebo use them for their mirror/phone/pout/lookaway pics, thats all iv ever seen people use them for

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I don't use it at all... I've got a 3.2mega pixel camera, but it's got no flash

It's shit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭kingofcastle

Agreed Tom...no flash=shiit! Mine aint got one and its prety dam shiit. Dont think ive ever use the camera on it or any other phone that ive had.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

Sexy Textys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

gorba wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have a 3.2mb camera in my phone and I've been taking loads of pictures..but somehow I don't really use them for anything. I don't even download them to my computer as I use to do with my regular camera. Anybody feeling the same way? Any suggestions on how I can make it more useful?

Cheers

Welcome to 1999! :D te hee

I never use my phone camera, because its shite, 2 megapixel,no flash, ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

dylano_k wrote: »
    All the queers on bebo use them for their mirror/phone/pout/lookaway pics, thats all iv ever seen people use them for

Oh hi there!!

1980 called, it wants its gay prejudice back, pleases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Oh hi there!!

Yeah, get with the times sister :rolleyes:

Like it or not, there always has, and always will be a stigma related to the homosexuality.

This concept of "get with the times" gets really annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Yeah, get with the times sister :rolleyes:

Like it or not, there always has, and always will be a stigma related to the homosexuality.

This concept of "get with the times" gets really annoying.

Yeah, what we should really do is return to ye olde ways of thinking! Let's bring back slavery, legalise racism, ban homosexuality, and get everyone who's not a Christian to burn at the old stake, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaybee747

I use it all the time,have taken thousands of photos with my phone.I find it handier to use as it thinner than a digital camera and quality as good (5mp).
    I normally upload them on to the pc and go through them for the best ones and maybe once a month go and get a 100 or 200 printed off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

gorba wrote: »
    Hi All,

Cheers

Market research how are ye

its all about the sexting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

i use it a lot. uset to scan docs, take a note of ads, prices in shops, phone numbers, then of friends and family. has autofocus and flash

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Its good for when you have children. If you don't have the digital camera you wont miss anything funny they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

I have a 2 megapizel cam on my phone with no flash either, I find it good for when your out on a walk and have no camera, I got some really good photos at dusk on the salthill prom before ...

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

I use mine a good bit. 5mp, and great pics when downloaded to the pc. It's not great at night though which is a pity. Lots of photo ops missed on a night out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Oh hi there!!

Gay slags will always be part of a lads night out.

Advertisement