Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking female singers with an instrument - guitar/keyboard/anything considered

Options
  • 14-10-2009 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello everybody

I am a singer/songwriter and I have been playing open mic nights for a while now. A few of us from one open night are putting on a kind of showcase show at the end of November. We all want to liven up the music with something extra coz lets face it singer/songwriters are boring unless you're bob Dylan and I ain't!

So for my songs I'm looking for two extra voices - thats my priority. I think some of my songs could do with some thick backing vocals - almost coral and slightly ethereal/unusual. I would prefer two female vocalists or even one female and one male. Voices don't have to be that good btw. No experience is fine.

However I also need musical accompaniment . I would consider any instrument but the obvious ones are keyboard or guitar, mandolin, banjo, harmonica, triangle!

It's plain to see that I have no idea what I want so if you tell me what you do I'll consider it. I have just rented a small rehearsal space (24/7) for a few months so hopefully that will be of use.

The songs are a mixture of folk and blues and other things. I have some crappy recordings i can send u. They are pretty good songs. In other words they're not ****!
    Think Bob Dylan minus the genius.

Sorry for the long message - if you want to add your voice and music to my songs and perform them in front of human beings (gulp) at the end of November then let me know.

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

Where abouts are you? I can sing(or so other people say) and i've been playing the celtic harp for two years now....

Love jenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 GirlWhoSings

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭MagDee

please check my voice samples to see if you would like that kind of voice.

http://voicestudio.info/multimedia

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Hey there,

I got your pm and tried to send a pm back to you but I think this feature is disabled on your account or something - maybe you could send me a pm with your email address and we can work something out? :)

Marina

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭MagDee

i'm assuming you're replying to myIdmachine and not to me? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Phantom Phan

@ Myidmachine doesn't seem to be a PM reply button on your drop down!
    I love messing around with unusual harmonies so definitely interested, I'm 23 and a piano teacher.

sin é.

Advertisement