Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some French woman has a problem with The Irish

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

why did you wait a year and 6 days to make that GIANT reply?
    It took ages to get used to the qwerty keyboard instead of azerty?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

i can safely say that that woman does not represent the french opinion of Ireland.

Ive been to france probably a dozen times, ive found that the french are a very nice lot that share an affinity with us. Their manner sometimes confused with arrogance - but thats simply a cultural thing.

The smell - well thats just to keep the flies on them and off their food

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

A_SN wrote: »
    this one was already a bit cold when I got here, but it was awesome enough to warrant some revivificaion.

Great word.
    Great thread.

I remember it like it was yesterday yesteryear...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭A_SN

An File wrote: »
    Great word.
    Great thread.

I remember it like it was yesterday yesteryear...
    Why'd you move that T of mine all the way to the end of 'some'? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,999 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

We are very forgiving people.

Don't you think that, in some parts of France, the Germans were forgiven a little too quickly?:P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

That letter is a fake..probably from an irish person to stir the shiit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

The French are the most delusional people on the planet, so this letter is probably real.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Don't you think that, in some parts of France, the Germans were forgiven a little too quickly?:P
    Some of us had even pre-forgiven them. Lots of them eventually ended up with clean shaven heads though ;).
    IzzyWizzy wrote: »
    The French are the most delusional people on the planet
    Now try to reconcile that statement with "us Irish people are the nicest" :D. Perhaps nice only as long as you don't tell us what you think :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

The French are the most delusional people on the planet, so this letter is probably real.

Not true.

They know they cant fight thats why they keep surrendering, and spend their time making bad cars

Nothing delusional there

You know im only joking france. I love you :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Have you been to North Korea? Or Celtic Tiger era Ireland?

• Advertisement

snyper wrote: »
    Not true.

They know they cant fight thats why they keep surrendering, and spend their time making bad cars

Nothing delusional there

You know im only joking france. I love you :)
    Yeah, and you'd best love Citroën cars too cause they rock. Renaults suck, but Citroëns kick arse. Peugeots are cool now given that they're basically just Citroëns with a different name.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,999 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Some of us had even pre-forgiven them. Lots of them eventually ended up with clean shaven heads though ;).

That was because they worried so much about the Germans leaving, that their hair fell out.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭jif

you sure your not irish? you seem to like complaining an awfull lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

she is right though...there are some ignorant pr***s around

but there are in ever country....so her point is invalid

Mousey- wrote: »
    she is right though...there are some ignorant pr***s around

but there are in ever country....so her point is invalid
    In my long experience of hearing of the people of different countries and their respective customs being compared, I've come to realise that most such comparisons are flawed, if not outright BS.

It's hard to get any of those right, because there's no two countries that one knows in equivalent ways. Some countries you know more or less deeply, some countries you know because you're from there, some countries you only know as a tourist/immigrant, and so on.. Not to mention people who only see what they want to see. Case in point, I've heard everything and its opposite about Irish and French people, even just in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭mega man

alot of it seems to be true especially the part about irish people thinking everyone loves them. no where is this more true than in the u.s. 'sure they love the irish!'
    i doubht shes french. sounds like a very pissed off irish person

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

she's trolling Brendan O'Connor, so every word she utters is fully endorsed by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

She is a frustrated old woman who bears a grudge against the Irish, so all Irish are loud drunken bufoons.

I can live with that.

She is still old and frustrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

She's just angry because her nation is one of the most despised in the World.

She just wished she was Irish!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I love when old threads like this get bumped, helps you spot the idiots from the people who bother to read the rest of the thread first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

she's trolling Brendan O'Connor, so every word she utters is fully endorsed by me.

+ 1

QFT

Brendan O'Connor = cnut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Isn't Sir Tony O'Reilly's wife French? Now I'm not saying, but she probably has a bit of time on her hands, and it would be awfully easy for her to get published in the Sindo ...... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

kincsem wrote: »
    Isn't Sir Tony O'Reilly's wife French? Now I'm not saying, but she probably has a bit of time on her hands, and it would be awfully easy for her to get published in the Sindo ...... :)

O'Reilly's missus is Greek

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Shes just nervous and giving out because were playing them in the play offs next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Hold your horses here a minute !

Traditionally the Irish *like* the French and the French generally *like* the Irish.

We've quite a lot in common; we're both republics, both threw off the landed gentry, both have strong dislike of all things English, strong similarities due to Catholic influences on culture, both countries have huge farming communities, the list goes on and on and on..

Stop adopting weird British and American attitudes towards the French!! aka Francophobia or Gallophobia

And realistically, I don't think the Republic of Ireland can really call them 'cheese eating surrender monkeys'!! We didn't even participate in WWII so, quit moaning about the what went on in France!!!

I know quite a lot of French people living in Ireland, and they certainly haven't had those kinds of experiences and quite like living here. Likewise, I know a lot of Irish people living in France, and they are all getting on fine too.

I strongly suspect that that 'French Lady' is quite likely to be a **** stirring Irish journalist or, she's just some grumpy, snobby, disgruntled 'awlwan' from Paris somewhere.

You do get the odd snobby grump, usually they can't exist outside their own narrow social circle without being annoyed by everything!

They're not unique to France, you get them in Ireland and elsewhere too! However, I don't think it would be a good idea to assume that she represents most people's experience of France or Ireland.

Also, why is this thread re-opened after so long?!

Oh wait, I just now realised that the last post before mine was from Oct 22, 2008. I assumed it had recently been bumped. My bad! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

So Irish people go around everyday thinking the whole world loves us? Maybe i'm not Irish since i like the Irish and never think about what other countries think of me or us as a race/nation/humans. Fúck this idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

So Irish people go around everyday thinking the whole world loves us? Maybe i'm not Irish since i like the Irish and never think about what other countries think of me or us as a race/nation/humans. Fúck this idiot.

Just don't get angry with everyone in France based on the opinions of one grump!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Lmao :D

I blame you men(or wait could be us womens fault) for not hitting on her poor troll :D

And if Irish people didn't know that about the people who pretend to like us from other nationalities,Yous have been living in denial.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr Kamikazi

She is right about one thing.
    Irish women think in order to be an efficient manager you have to be a rude, aggressive, ignorant, ruthless bully who will stop at nothing, up to and including lying and falsifying records to keep the people who work for her down.
    Had this experience in at least 4 jobs.
    If I had any job and was told my boss is an Irish woman, I'd rather quit and be on the dole.
    But other than the insane women the Irish aren't so bad...

Advertisement