Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dallas

• 11-10-2009 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

DALLAS, the 1980s US soap about a feuding oil family, could make a TV comeback.

The new version would involve the next generation of the Ewing clan. Some of the original cast, including Larry Hagman - who played conniving JR Ewing - Linda Gray and Patrick Duffy are lined up to appear.

I dont think they should remake the show

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Eddie_1980

JP Liz wrote: »
    I dont think she should remake the show

What?

Nothing can beat the original?

What are they gonna do?

Pit Christopher and John Ross against each other?

Sounds like a bad idea to me.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Warner Brothers is working on a remake of the series Dallas for sister cable network TNT that would focus on the new generation of the Ewing family.
    Some of the original cast has even signed on to participate if the series gets made beyond the pilot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Eddie_1980

I wouldn't watch it....As far as I'm concerned Dallas ended with "War Of The Ewings".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Kolya

Like most re-makes, it would probably flop.

Would give it a chance before making my mind up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

You know I never realised Justin Lee Collins was this influential in America!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

JP Liz wrote: »
    I dont think they should remake the show

I agree, Dallas would not be Dallas without Larry Hagman as JR and Linda Gray as Sue Ellen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I remember hearing somewhere that John Travolta was lined up to play Jr. I loved Dallas and Jr made the show. Hard to imagine anybody playing him as well as Larry Hagman.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Ann22 wrote: »
    I remember hearing somewhere that John Travolta was lined up to play Jr. I loved Dallas and Jr made the show. Hard to imagine anybody playing him as well as Larry Hagman.

There will only ever be on JR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Ann22 wrote: »

Yes he was lined up for Dallas the movie as was Jlo but i think its scrapped now

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.tvguide.com/News/TNT-Dallas-Pilot-1022742.aspx
    TNT is heading to Southfork to give one of TV's most famous families a facelift.
    The cable network has ordered an updated version of Dallas. The pilot, from Cane creator Cynthia Cidre, will focus on the offspring of brothers and enemies JR and Bobby Ewing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

It isn't a remake its a follow on series like Star Trek The Next Generation was to Star Trek.

Advertisement