Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cage Contender (lightweight)

Options
  • 27-08-2009 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

The next Cage Contender show will be on 14th Nov 2009 at the Clarion Hotel, Carrickfergus. The main tournament will be fought at lightweight and will ran to the same format as our show last week(ie: knockout contest with £1000 to the winner) there will also be a rematch of last weeks epic final between Aaron Lambourne and Mervyn Mulholland. There will also be a full undercard

any clubs or fighters who want to be on the show contact us asap!!! The main tournament will be pro rules and the undercard will be class c

we intend to use the same judges as the last show but we will be changing the ref.....

Hopefully now that the last show was a success and the format proven to work we will have more local clubs on the bill

John & Mark
    www.fight.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Trev UOC

Great 1st show lads!! Just a thot, what about Peter Lavery to Ref? When he did our last show everyone said he was best ref they ever seen, uses common sence also, which is something some refs dont have. Aidan Merron also, another guy who has great respect from fighters and coaches. Again, just a thought, we're not telling you dudes how to do things. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Trev UOC wrote: »
    Great 1st show lads!! Just a thot, what about Peter Lavery to Ref? When he did our last show everyone said he was best ref they ever seen, uses common sence also, which is something some refs dont have. Aidan Merron also, another guy who has great respect from fighters and coaches. Again, just a thought, we're not telling you dudes how to do things. :D

That is indeed what we have done, spoke to peter yesterday evening and he agreed to ref for us,

Glad you enjoyed the show!!!! Hopeto see you at the next one

John
    www.fight.ie

Just a quick note to let everybody know that tickets are now on sale for Cage Contender (65-70KG)

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004323921915C2?artistid=993010&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=742

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭juijitsu black

really lukin forward to this 1, last show was one ofthe best i been to in a long time, run profess, and some good fights. good luck with it fight.ie

The Clarion Hotel have confirmed that they will show UFC 105 on big screens at the after show party on the 14th Nov!!!!

with tickets selling well, any clubs that needs tickets kept let us know asap.

John
    www.fight.ie

• Advertisement

We have now received conformation of our list of officials for the cage contender event taking place on the 14/11/09 along with details of the weigh in and after-fight party. Please find the required information below.
    Officals
    Mr Peter Lavery
    Peter Lavery is one of the most highly respected figures in Irish MMA, from competing to judging to refereeing, Peter has done it all. Peter is a highly decorated martial artist with a 1st degree black belt in Kempo Jiu Jitsu, 2nd degree black in Tai jutsu kai and a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

Mr David Jones
    David started his martial arts career at age 6 in Wado Ryu Karate achieving 2nd Dan on his 19th Birthday. During college he trained in Aikido, Wing Chun, Japanese Jiu-Jitsu and Kickboxing. David fought on the first Cage Show “Cage Wars” held in the UK in 2001 in Portsmouth, he has also fought on shows such as UFN, XFUK, UFR and Cage Challenge.

Mr Aidan Marron
    Without doubt one of the most sought after and respected officials on the Irish MMA circuit. Known as a tough but fair ref Aidan will keep things in order when required, but also let the action flow!!
    MASTER OF CEREMONIES
    Andy ‘Sledge’ Laverty
    In the last 10 years MMA has become a major part of his life. He began training Thai Boxing and Brazilian Jui Jitsu at the Tokei Academy in London Bridge under Ronaldo Camposs (a student of Ze Marcallo) and never looked back. He has trained with some of the best including Chuck Liddell, Frank Shamrock, Paul Daley, Robbie Olivier and Lee Doski.

Sledge started his MC career on 27th July 2003 in the Cage Warriors 4 show in Portsmouth and this has snowballed into a “hobby” that takes up 30 weekends a year. He has worked for Cage Rage, Angrrr Management, Ultimate Force, FX3, Cage Warriors, FCFN, AMMA, ZT Fight Night and Cage Rage Contenders among others.

MEDICAL STAFF
    Ambulance
    2 Ambulance crew will be in attendance to provide any emergency medical care that may be required to the fighters and any attending spectators.
    OTHER INFORMATION
    WEIGH IN
    The weigh in for all fighters will now take place at 18:00 on the 13th Nov 2009 in the Clarion Hotel,Carrickfergus.
    UNDERCARD WEIGH IN
    All undercard fighters will weigh in at their own clubs prior to 19:00 on the 13th Nov 2009, this will be videoed and provided to the officials for verification.

AFTER PARTY
    The exclusive after-fight party will begin at 11:00pm in the Clarion Hotels BAR 75. Coverage of UFC 105 will be shown on 4 big screens at the party. The Hotel will also do a discounted room rate for any ticket holders wanting to stay

Competition format, rules or venue may be subject to change at any time by the promoters, while every effort will be made to contact effected parties, the promoters accept no responsibility for changes made. Please see http://www.fight.ie/
    www.fight.ie for the latest information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ICTA 87

Can not wait for this. spent all day with Lambourne and Whittear at the last one in downpatrick and had a bit of a training session too so it will be good to catch up with lambourne. mervyn done tremendously well in his last outing for this promotion and i felt he was tired going into the final especially after the tough (fair enough short) fight against Junior Baratta so i'm looking forward to this rematch where on the ground i feel that merv will take this fight. Roll on november.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

Trev UOC wrote: »
    ....Peter Lavery to Ref? ....... Aidan Merron also,

Ther not good....... ther awesome lol :cool:

Is ther a fightcard yet???

This is a great idea for a show and I heard excellent reviews about the last show, we checked out the venue before and it is brilliant layout!!!!

Mrs Lynch
    xxx

Mrs Lynch wrote: »

Is ther a fightcard yet???

This is a great idea for a show and I heard excellent reviews about the last show, we checked out the venue before and it is brilliant layout!!!!

Mrs Lynch
    xxx

Thanks for the kind words Mrs Lynch!!! We will make card announcments in the coming few days.... We are still 2 short for the main contest if any one is interested.....

John & Mark
    www.fight.ie

Mrs Lynch wrote: »

Sorry Dave for omittin you - ur awesome ref too :D

Mrs Lynch
    xxx

• Advertisement

Hi Guys

Just to let you know the Clarion will do a deal for anyone wanting to stay after the show and after party....

a twin or double room inc breakfast for £60 (£30 each)

just quote "cage contender" when booking your room

John
    www.fight.ie

Dont forget to follow the build up to Cage Contender at http://twitter.com/cagecontender
    there will also be round by round tweets from the event to keep those who can't make it up to date with the action!!!

Hi Guys

We have posted the fight card, officals and other information at www.fight.ie

We are still waiting to confirm a few things and will update them in due course

Cheers

John
    www.fight.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 FightNightMedia

Hi There

My is Michael McMillan. I will be covering Cage Contender could all fighters email me with a profile of themselves so i can upload it on my webpage.

My Email is Fightnightmedia@gmail.com

looking forward to the event will be a great night!

We are please to announce that Martin Begley of Antrim MMA is the latest entry for the Cage Contender contest on Nov 14th

other updates will follow

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IFS.NI

fightie wrote: »
    We are please to announce that Martin Begley of Antrim MMA is the latest entry for the Cage Contender contest on Nov 14th

other updates will follow

Excellent!

Marty is a great fighter, look forward to seeing him in action again.

We are pleased to announce the latest entry for the Cage Contender contest is Gary "the dumptruck" Morris from Team Ryano MMA, Dublin

further updates will follow

The latest up dated fight card is now available at www.fight.ie

As you will see i need 2 guys to complete the undercard. Anyone interested please drop me a pm

cheers

John
    www.fight.ie

The 6th and final entry is in for Cage Contender....

We are please to announce the last entrant is Thomas Maguire Spirit MMA/SBG

The full list is:

Martin Begley,
    Antrim MMA

Dominic Mc Connell
    Strabane Fight Team

Gary Morris
    Team Ryano

Tom Maguire
    Spirit MMA/SBG

Brian Breslin
    Tallagh, Dublin

Jason Gailbraith
    Savage Fight Team

The card with bio etc will be updated on www.fight.ie soon

Tickets are selling well and can be got from Ticketmaster or any fighter on the show

John & Mark
    www.fight.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Great line up for the tournament this is going to be great, Good chance for someone to add 3 wins to there record too..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

Does anyone know if I can buy a ticket from the Clarion Hotel reception?
    I'm working in carrick tomorrw and would be handy to buy my ticket then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 koking

possible begley maguire rubber match,maguire would be my favorite to win the overall event but a pretty good line so should be interesting

Anakin.S wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I can buy a ticket from the Clarion Hotel reception?
    I'm working in carrick tomorrw and would be handy to buy my ticket then

Hi Anakin

You can go to any ticketmaster outlet or if u email tickets@fight.ie we can arrange tickets for u.... If you want to book a room in the hotel for that night they will do it for £60 for a double or twin, thats only £30 each and remember your ticket will get u into the aftershow party at the hotel, which is showing UFC 105 on 4 Big screens

Hi Folks!!

We have now posted what we hope :rolleyes: will be the final fight card for Cage Contender 14th Nov 2009 at www.fight.ie

Please have a look and let us know what you think

Cheers

John & Mark

www.fight.ie

Good card - cant wait for the tornie:cool:

I do think Begley and Maguire will be excellent final two outstanding fighters, but dont underestimate Morris or McConnell!! Gary is bringin a lot of experience as too is Dominic who is quite frequent on cards so this could really be an interesting tornie! It is definately gonna hav us at the end of our seats:)

The rest of the card is some new names for me so I am always lookin fwd to see what they bring;)

Recently SJ and I stayed at the Clarion for a girls pampering weekend and it is a gorgeous hotel - top notch!!!! There is a beaty/ hair salon at the side in case u lads need to freshen up lol On Sunday they hav a carvery for about £18 and it is really nice so a good feed might help after a heavynight and all that:P

Wot way is the card runnin??? Is it as displayed???:confused:

Mrs Lynch
    xxx

Wot way is the card runnin??? Is it as displayed???:confused:

There will be some undercard fights, then the 1st round of the main contest.... Then More under card etc etc then the semis then more undercard then the final

Cheers

John
    www.fight.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Ramunas

Hi John , if you need 77 kg fighter for undercard let me know. Thanks

Ramunas wrote: »
    Hi John , if you need 77 kg fighter for undercard let me know. Thanks

Hi Ramunas

give me a call 07841 663131

cheers

John
    www.fight.ie

We are pleased to announce our final offical for our show 14th Nov 2009. It's the famous "Mrs Lynch"!! Thanks Ursula and welcome to the team :)

• Advertisement

Thanks a million for the support I am really lookin forward to the show:)

Hope all goes well with the final preps and u dont start losing hair like the rest of the promotions in NI like Mr P, Mr Cassidy, Mr McCabe, Mr Rossborough, Mr Mooney....... all bald lol:P

Mrs Lynch
    xxx

Advertisement