Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lecture Notes

Options
  • 11-10-2009 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭

Right, Ive missed the past week and a half at college due to unforeen circumstances and Im just wondering about how Im supposed to catch up?

Lecturers are supposed to upload their notes to the x drive but only one of mine does. The only way I can think of is to photocopy everything which for 7 days of notes is going to add up to at least 50 pages of work

Does anyone know if theres any other way to get them or do I have to stand in the photocopy room for an hour?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

what course are you doing? ive missed about 3 days myself due to alcohol related illness, and nearly all my lecturer's ask at the start of the class if anyone has missed any of the notes for the previous days. they then give the notes out to those who missed them.

id suggest asking someone in your course to take notes for you when your absent.
    get someone's phone number, and give them yours. text each other when one of ye wont be in class, and the other can get the notes etc.

have you spoken to the lecturer's why their notes are not on the public Y drive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

as far as I know the lecturers dont have to put notes up on the Y drive. None of my notes are up there. The best thing is to ask each lecturer if they have a copy,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Yeah but the problem is most of our notes we have to take down ourselves from a projector..getting notes that the lecturers hand out wont be a problem but its the hand written stuff.

Ill hopefully be fit to go back tomorrow so I suppose Ill just ask a couple of lecturers and see what the story is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Epeen

By unforeseen circumstances do you mean bed was too warm those mornings?

If so, youre ****ed.

If not, get doctors note, get documents, win at life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Nah was at a funeral and stuff..I asked a few lecturers & all they said I could do was photocopy everything..49 pages in all :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement