Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Confidence

Options
  • 28-09-2009 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

reading trough the many threads on the lisbon treaty..it's surprisinig how deeply divided the people of this country are in relation to the document. im not sure anyone on either the yes side or no side actually understands it...there not been a face to face debate by our political leaders and those who are calling for a no vote...i wana see a US presidential style debate..face to face. thrash talk n'all...if cowan and co are right, i wana see them screaming and shouting how right they are..if he's 100% correct in his belief he should be happy going live on air and engaging in a war of words..to protect his people. why has this not happened?
    im voting no...why? well anything that could split/divide the country like it has cant be good. Im voting no...as a vote of no confidence in our government. they are out of touch with the people of this country..over paid out of touch.
    it dosn't matter what people say about this thread whether they think my vote is right or wrong...there simply has to be change in this country. political reform,law reform and the rest....we should be on the streets protesting..we should have been on the streets ages ago.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Nozebleed wrote: »
    Im voting no...as a vote of no confidence in our government.
    While you're at it, you should throw a brick through your own window as a vote of no confidence in the government. In fact, don't just stop at one window: break them all.

That'll show 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

reading trough the many threads on the lisbon treaty..it's surprisinig how deeply divided the people of this country are in relation to the document. im not sure anyone on either the yes side or no side actually understands it...there not been a face to face debate by our political leaders and those who are calling for a no vote...i wana see a US presidential style debate..face to face. thrash talk n'all...if cowan and co are right, i wana see them screaming and shouting how right they are..if he's 100% correct in his belief he should be happy going live on air and engaging in a war of words..to protect his people. why has this not happened?
    im voting no...why? well anything that could split/divide the country like it has cant be good. Im voting no...as a vote of no confidence in our government. they are out of touch with the people of this country..over paid out of touch.
    it dosn't matter what people say about this thread whether they think my vote is right or wrong...there simply has to be change in this country. political reform,law reform and the rest....we should be on the streets protesting..we should have been on the streets ages ago.

if you think a NO or a YES vote

would result in a change of government or cause riots

you are only fooling yourself and have no grasp of the matter (despite accusing others of that)

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

hence these referenda are illegal in some countries. We shouldn't have to vote on this because it gives a window of oppertunity to the loony left, loony right etc to mess severely with people's minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

yep thats it lads...hurl the abuse. that'll teach me. maybe i'll change my mind now? im definately voting no now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

why has this not happened?
    It has. Not Cowen personally but Micheal Martin has been involved in several televised and radio debates.

The problem with it is that someone on the no side tells a lie and all you can say is "that's not true". It takes 5 seconds to tell a lie but could take half an hour to properly refute it and people get bored. The snappy slogan wins the debate, not the person who's telling the truth

Will you be voting no on the upcoming children's rights referendum as a vote of no confidence in our government? Or course not because it has nothing to so with them, just like this treaty. This treaty is bigger than petty Irish politics, it will effect the lives of 500 million people and they (and we) should not be denied the benefits this treaty will bring because our politicians are crap.
    And that's what a general election is for. Brian Cowen is doomed regardless of how we vote on this treaty.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

yep thats it lads...hurl the abuse.
    :confused:

yep thats it lads...hurl the abuse. that'll teach me. maybe i'll change my mind now? im definately voting no now.

If you voice an opinion and the opinion is ridiculed, I think you should examine whether the opinion is valid. From where we're sitting, a no vote to spite the government will harm the country more than it will harm our politicians. You would be cutting your nose off to spite your face.

And voting no because people on the internet were mean to you is even worse. If anything you should look at the manipulative lies from no campaigners and decide to vote yes to spite them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Any debate on this treaty involving the two sides will only result in one thing:

The Yes side debunking the bullshit and lies spouted by the No side. It's something worth considering, but the No side have nothing to bring to the table, nothing, so there's no point in debating a treaty that they know nothing factual about, with a group of people who are capable of believing their own lies in the face of the truth.

if you want to bring down the current government (so do most of us here btw)

go hurl bricks at the Greens, they are the ones keeping FF in power

tho that has nothing to do with Lisbon, the fact that you cant see that is worrying

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

im definately voting no now.

I like you Nozebleed, you're a fine upstanding gentleman, and I wouldn't have a word said against you. Tis a crying shame of the other posters to treat you the way they have, when you deserve so much better. You're the finest man ever stood on two legs in the whole of Ireland, and I wish you and your progeny every success in future life.

Any chance of an auld, yes vote now, yer honour?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭rebelmind

Remember when you were in the school yard & you stood up against the Big Thugs?
    Good on you, fight the good fight :)

rebelmind wrote: »

ah yes David vs Goliath

dont get all religious on us now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

rebelmind wrote: »
    Give me your lunch money.

Voltwad wrote: »
    Give me your lunch money.
    He doesn't have any, it's a race to the bottom remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭rebelmind

Hey!
    Why not make him an offer he can't refuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭roosh

That is just one of many reasons to vote no, and there are an abundance

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

mangaroosh wrote: »

How about some good ones?

in a huff like a child and using zero logic in your vote. infant.

is that it lads? nobody's gona try talk me round to voting yes?....so i am right about the yes side not understanding the treaty either..not knowing exactly why they are voting yes..just voting yes because it kinda makes sense. that its the right thing to do..for ireland.
    there's a vote up for grabs here guys. do you want to make a difference or not?

is that it lads? nobody's gona try talk me round to voting yes?....so i am right about the yes side not understanding the treaty either..not knowing exactly why they are voting yes..just voting yes because it kinda makes sense. that its the right thing to do..for ireland.

why dont you read past threads?

instead of trying to raize a ruckus? im surprised this is not locked yet

• Advertisement

mangaroosh wrote: »

Yes there are many reasons to vote no, not one of them with any basis in fact

are you old enough to vote?

is that it lads? nobody's gona try talk me round to voting yes?
    I tried, see my post on the first page which wasn't flippant
    ....so i am right about the yes side not understanding the treaty either..not knowing exactly why they are voting yes..just voting yes because it kinda makes sense. that its the right thing to do..for ireland.
    what actually happened was that you suggested that it would be a good idea to vote no to spite our government and that idea was rightly ridiculed because:
    • It won't get rid of the government
    • The treaty has nothing to do with the government
    • A no vote for that reason will be far more damaging for the country than it will any politician

Here are ten reasons to vote yes to Lisbon
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61327732&postcount=1

ahaha....i look forward to the big day....you lot are a bunch of sheep. do what you're told. just like school! the sooner you wake up the better..fools.

NO! MEANS NO!

ahaha....i look forward to the big day....you lot are a bunch of sheep. do what you're told. just like school! the sooner you wake up the better..fools.

NO! MEANS NO!

did you read the linked threads you ask for

its obvious now why you started this thread

reporting...

Oh dear. Talk about throwing one's toys out of the proverbial pram.

NO! MEANS NO!

Step 1: Ask for reasons to vote yes
    Step 2: Ignore those reasons when they're given
    Step 3: Insult people and give nonsense slogans

Check mate, well played sir

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

OP get off your ass and find out yourself why you should vote yes or no. Don't expect someone else to do it for you. And grow up before you vote, please.

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Step 1: Ask for reasons to vote yes
    Step 2: Ignore those reasons when they're given
    Step 3: Insult people and give nonsense slogans

Check mate, well played sir
    He sums up no voters to be fair.. It's good to have a chance to encounter one in the wild.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Two warnings issued for name-calling.

Please stop.

Advertisement