Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can't get the answer to this riddle...

• 26-08-2009 9:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this riddle, it's on braingle.com but it's blocked to me in work, as is every other site I try, so if anyone knows the answer could you either put it here or PM me if you want to give people the chance to guess it. Thanks in advance!

Riddle...

A man hijacks an aeroplane transporting both passengers and valuable cargo. After taking the cargo, the man demands two parachutes, puts one of them on, and jumps, leaving the other behind. Why did he want two?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,972 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Leeby wrote: »
    Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this riddle, it's on braingle.com but it's blocked to me in work, as is every other site I try, so if anyone knows the answer could you either put it here or PM me if you want to give people the chance to guess it. Thanks in advance!

Riddle...

A man hijacks an aeroplane transporting both passengers and valuable cargo. After taking the cargo, the man demands two parachutes, puts one of them on, and jumps, leaving the other behind. Why did he want two?

Answer:
    If the officials thought he was jumping with a hostage, they would never risk giving him a faulty parachute.

Rather weak answer imo. i mean
    why would they even have faulty parachutes on board, and even if they did deliberately giving him one one be murder, or manslaughter, surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Maybe he was afraid they'd sabotage the parachute while getting it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

huh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Trishis

so....whats the answer?!! Tell!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I think it must be the one Mitch Connor posted. I hate riddles with stupid answers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Just want to know the answer??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Because he wanted to take a dump

Posy wrote: »
    I think it must be the one Mitch Connor posted. I hate riddles with stupid answers!

hey yea I cant see the reply he gave as its greyed out....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 50hertz

Highlight the grey area and you'll see the answer

50hertz wrote: »
    Highlight the grey area and you'll see the answer

Cool, thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement