Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] DollHouse [** Spoilers **] (Renewed!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I have to agree with you on pretty much all your calls there.

If i could pick only one i'd go for anthony head with james masters a very close second.

All in all though i'd prob pick david boreanz(excuse spelling) cause i think he's a vert good actor and has a doll look to him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Hard to argue with him to be fair, he makes a very good point about passing it around at comic con.

I think a new cast addition that might get people interested. You only have to look at tim roth ad lie to me to see what star power can do for a show.

As thats been said on another thread i think summer glau would be a real coup.

Interesting thread with alot of links/reviews to Dollhouse and Dushku's acting "performance", if you can call it that:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1135300/board/thread/138969764

• Advertisement

Dollhouse has some heavy competition in the 9pm Friday slot in the fall:

Ugly Betty
    Medium
    America's Next Top Model (Repeat)
    Southland

Now while Ugly Betty's ratings have dropped alot this season and Southland's initial high ratings that have dropped like a STONE over it's initial 7 episode run, it does still have some hardcore competition to beat. Medium has and remains a solid performer...despite beibg cancelled and then picked up right away by another network.

What do you think of the competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

What do you think of the competition?
    I think ANY other show airing along Dollhouse is competition to be honest.. with those piss-poor ratings last season.

I really don't know if Whedon can salvage another season out of the show.. Fox gave him another season purely on faith. But to get viewers for further seasons or even to avoid it getting the chop mid-way through, he'll need a mini-miracle.

It'll need a mixture of:
    • Serious push on DVD sales, and word of mouth.
    • A real marketing push from Fox.. some viral marketing could go a long way.
    • "His storyline direction for new viewers quandary" - what I mean here is the show has a second season and it will (hopefully) be getting plenty of new viewers next season so does he go down the route of the Dollhouse and it's backstory (the more interesting but will alienate most new viewers) or the safe but typically un-rewarding "Doll Of The Week" scenario that Fox were pushing in the early season.
    I don't envy Whedon one bit right now.. he got his second season but himself and the people at Fox really need to some work to make the show a success.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Right, I watched all of season one from Sunday up to last night.

After a rocky start, I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed it overall.

Some awesome twists along the way. I totally never saw the Alpha or Whiskey reveals until they happened.

Very much looking forward to Season 2 at this point.

Glad you enjoyed it....another convert! :-)
    The best twists for me involved November!!

Heads up...repeat of the second episode on Sci-Fi starts on 8pm :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Summer Glau could be in Season 2 :D

Miracle Laurie (Mellie/November) will be back for season 2!, she posted on her FB. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

After giving up after episode 3 I decided to give Dollhouse another chance once I heard it improved mid-season.

My verdict? I still have my reservations but it certainly did improve.

I'd say only 4/12 episodes reached the standards I'd expect from a Whedon show which isn't really good enough.

As most people have said, Dushku just isn't good enough to be a lead on a quality show. She was great as the Faith character back in the day but she struggles with anything else. Also, the Caroline character is a bit of a f**king tit anyway, if I had the choice to have a meaningful conversation with either Caroline or Echo in her doll state, I think I'd have to chose the latter.

Also, as interesting as the who is/who isn't a doll premise is, it started to get old very quickly imo. The Mellie reveal was interesting but after that I had enough. A twist like this can only be used once/twice before it no longer becomes a twist.

Whedon has a tough time ahead of him in trying to secure the future of this show early next season. I really hope he succeeds though even if I'm not a massive fan of the show.

The Season 2 premiere of Fox's Dollhouse will be written and directed by the man himself: series creator Joss Whedon. The catch: You're going to have to wait an extra week to see it.
    Fox has pushed back Dollhouse's return date to Friday, Sept. 25, to afford Whedon & Co. sufficient time to produce enough hours to kick off the season with at least three or four consecutive episodes.

Season 1 of Dollhouse arrives on DVD July 28 (US) for regular folk, but is available six days earlier in a special, limited-supply Comic-Con edition (to be picked up in person at the San Diego event).

It was expected Wheadon would at the least write the season 2 premier, seems standard practice.
    Sept 25th ain't bad....better then waiting for January 2010 at least, i guess once Sept. hits we'll all be back here postings theories and news :-)

From my calculations, Sci-Fi UK will air Epitaph One on August 11th.

But the DVD / Blu-ray with the un-aired episode will be released on July 28 (or the 22nd for those at ComicCon) so not so much of a big deal that SciFi got the rights to show it anymore.

Ep 13 will hit the net on July 29th :-)

It was expected Wheadon would at the least write the season 2 premier, seems standard practice.
    Sept 25th ain't bad....better then waiting for January 2010 at least, i guess once Sept. hits we'll all be back here postings theories and news :-)

Ya, you'd expect a bit of a lull while in between seasons. I'd imagine once rumours for season two pick up people will start flooding in again.

Don't worry I'll be here, Its on my bookmarks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

ziedth wrote: »
    Ya, you'd expect a bit of a lull while in between seasons. I'd imagine once rumours for season two pick up people will start flooding in again.

Don't worry I'll be here, Its on my bookmarks :D

Ditto.

• Advertisement

Ep 13 will hit the net on July 29th :-)
    I'd expect it a week earlier to be honest.

I'm into BB right now, but that ends early Sept. so i'll be back here posting away like a nutter :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

just to let you know ep 13 is out there now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

User45701 wrote: »
    just to let you know ep 13 is out there now

Pretty interesting direction for it too - at least now I get how it doesn't mess with the main storyline of the 12 "proper" season 1 episodes. Gotta wonder if they'll keep any of the allusions of the story though or if it'll just be a completely throwaway story that'll have no impact on season 2...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Christ would I be annoyed and frustrated if the series had been canceled and that was the last episode we got to see. What an interesting for the show to take. Brings it to a whole other level. I'm so relieved it got renewed.

I think Wheadon MUST throw in elements of those flashbacks scenes into series 2, it'll give continunity to Epitaph One....or even reuse those filmed flasback scenes with newly fimled ones. Or even sprinkle flasbacks or flashforwards into various episodes.

Ok, that may get a bit too "Lost" and the audience may get lost...but the avid Dollhouse fan will have seen the 13th episode and understand the context.

A Fox insider is confirming a rumor that was making the rounds at Comic-Con: Battlestar Galactica stud Jamie Bamber (that's Apollo to you) will guest star in the season premiere of Dollhouse as someone who is heavily involved in an engagement with Echo and her new handler Ballard (Tahmoh Penikett).

:D

Keith Carradine just sealed a deal to appear in two episodes of Dollhouse.

In Joss Whedon’s Fox series (returning September 25), the Nashville Oscar winner will play a powerful businessman by the name of Matthew Harding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Lots of S2 cast and character spoilers below.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Summer Glau (“Firefly,” “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles”) reunites with Joss Whedon when the actress joins the cast of DOLLHOUSE this fall in a recurring role as BENNETT, a Dollhouse employee who shares a past with ECHO (Eliza Dushku). The second season of DOLLHOUSE premieres Friday, Sept. 25 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Additional guest stars appearing throughout the upcoming second season include Alexis Denisof (“Angel”), Jamie Bamber (“Battlestar Galactica”), Michael Hogan (“Battlestar Galactica”) and Keith Carradine (“Dexter”). DANIEL PERRIN (Denisof) is a U.S. senator leading a witch hunt to track down the underground organization. Mysterious, charismatic businessman MARTIN KLAR (Bamber) is Echo’s new husband. BRADLEY KARRENS (Hogan) comes to the Dollhouse hoping to stop a psychotic family member’s killing spree, while MATTHEW HARDING (Carradine), a nemesis of Dollhouse leader ADELLE DEWITT (Olivia Williams), stirs up trouble. Additionally, DR. CLAIRE SAUNDERS/WHISKEY (Amy Acker) and MADELINE/NOVEMBER (Miracle Laurie) return this season in multiple-episode arcs.

DOLLHOUSE is produced by 20th Century Fox Television. The series was created by Joss Whedon, who also serves as executive producer, writer and director. Tim Minear and David Solomon are executive producers, while Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas are co-executive producers. Additionally, series star Eliza Dushku serves as a producer.

• Advertisement

God, clever move from Whedon I must say. I mean with the cock The Sarah conner Cronicles done and dusted the fanboys of SG will all to happily watch Dollhouse now.

Does anyone know will this season follow or lead into the Epitaph One story arch?

seems to be some very decent actors coming into the show I have high hopes TBH.

Advertisement