Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My dog won't defend himself

Options
  • 26-08-2009 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

I have a boxer who loves approaching and playing with dogs, but every now and then he is attacked and he runs off, then runs back for more and this cycle repeats until I catch him. He has two cut marks on his face now after being bitten, I wish he would defend himself either by running away and not running back or by at least biting back. I hate to see him getting bitten.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

He probably needs a wingman

sorry, couldn't resist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Your dog is a pussy cat

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

i've a boxer. they are timid dogs, not aggressive in the slightest.
    you can't change its character.

maybe you should just put him on a leash when you're approaching larger dogs?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Your dog has the ghey

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Your dog needs serious Rocky Balboa training. I'd advise serious eggnogs, huge walks up that tall steps thingy in Philadephia, and of course lots and lots of Eye of the Tiger.

Oh, and pictures of Carl Weathers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Aru

scanlas wrote: »
    I have a boxer who loves approaching and playing with dogs, but every now and then he is attacked and he runs off, then runs back for more and this cycle repeats until I catch him. He has two cut marks on his face now after being bitten, I wish he would defend himself either by running away and not running back or by at least biting back. I hate to see him getting bitten.

sound like you need to learn to control your dog and keep it on a lead.
    why the hell do you want to teach it to fight back in the 1st place?if your dog fights and injures another dog thats on a lead you'll be responsible for the vet bills!!whats gonna happen when it annoys the wrong dog?iv seen a boxer get most of its lip ripped off by another dog before it wasnt funny at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I've seen quite a few boxers do this, lovely dog's but generally thick.

Also: keep your damn dog under control:p

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Your dog is clearly a masochist

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Aru wrote: »
    iv seen a boxer get most of its lip ripped off by another dog before it wasnt funny at all..

I've seen one have his ear bitten off.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Boxers are so sweet, they'll avoid a fight wherever possible.

My labrador does the same thing, if another dog tries anything he legs it all the way back to my house!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭scanlas

I'd prefer he would just run away, he needs to get off the lead, it's not fair to keep him on the lead. I don't think he's thick, he just likes the excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'd prefer he would just run away, he needs to get off the lead, it's not fair to keep him on the lead. I don't think he's thick, he just likes the excitement.
    Poor auld thing, he just wants to play :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ChickenScratch

Silly thing. Keep him on a lead is all I can say - some dogs are basterds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Maybe you should send a message to yer man who taped himself chatting up women for purposes of education, he may be able to help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Your dog sounds more decent than some of our elected officials.
    Just be glad he is the way he is and keep him on a lead as appropriate times.
    ...now if only we could do so much with those in the Dail! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Adamisconfused

Is he neutered?
    If so, there’s your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

TheZohan wrote: »
    I've seen one have his ear bitten off.

Booyah!

Advertisement