Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending a text to someone's computer

Options
  • 15-08-2009 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

Long story, but I have an ex who owes me a large amount of money. His mobile phone is disconnected, but I have a feeling he's using his computer to text people as he did this about a year ago when he had no credit on his phone. I have tried sending him a text to his computer by putting the numbers 00 353 86 before his mobile number, but I got a message back saying "refused". Assuming he's using the same number as his mobile on his computer are there any other ways of sending him a text to his computer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Computer != phone

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

He has probably dumped the phone if message isnt sending.
    You need to hunt him down & get a couple of heavy guys to knock on his door with a nice bill.
    Sounds like he has made a fool out of you tbh. How much money are we talking here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

We are talking €500 and I don't have an email address for him.

• Advertisement

strongr wrote: »
    lol

It's not funny, I'm at my wits end...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

He probably has your number blocked, that is why it was refused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Have you considered the point that if he has no credit on his phone, that he more than likely hasn't got 500 notes knocking about to just hand over to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Still doesn't turn a computer into a phone.

Anyway, why do you think a text will get your money back ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

You can't send a text to a computer, only a phone.

An immaculate sleeper hold would probably sort him out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

There's nothing like a text to get me running down the bank to get money to pay my debtors back... Do you not think you're being a bit heavy-handed OP?:pac:

Wertz wrote: »
    Have you considered the point that if he has no credit on his phone, that he more than likely hasn't got 500 notes knocking about to just hand over to you?

I've heard through the grapevine that he's just returned from a holiday in Spain, he was at a wedding yesterday, believe me he has the money to pay me back....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Cost of credit : €10
    Money you're owed : €500
    Actually seeing you get this money back : Priceless

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

trish990 wrote: »
    I've heard through the grapevine that he's just returned from a holiday in Spain, he was at a wedding yesterday, believe me he had the money to pay me back....
    FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I've heard through the grapevine that he's just returned from a holiday in Spain, he was at a wedding yesterday, believe me he has the money to pay me back....

Time to get the viper on the job so...or maybe some of the boards team of hired mercenaries can help you out...that's of course if no-one else can help, and if you can find them...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

He was an ex. You must know friends of his, possibly family. He gave him money, you must have known him more than a day or two. Chase him for it but more than likely he wont have it. Its not a huge amount but depending on circumstances, it could be a saviour I guess.

Edit, from above post, you must have some contact through friends if you know what he is upto. Get after him. Call around with a few brothers if you have them. He is obviously a proper w*nker.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

This sounds like a job for The Citizen!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

You won't get it back. Kill him and steal it back

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

sending a text from a computer;
    he uses free texts offered by his provider, via their website.
    u just reply to his phone. if his phone is off, theres nothing you can do.
    look him up on bebo or something. but its not going to solve anything.
    just get 4 guys to park up outside his house for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

I just had a crazy thought,if you can't call him then why not go to where he lives or works,
    /nvm that plan would never work its to simple,perhaps hire some ninja monkies?

• Advertisement

zuroph wrote: »
    sending a text from a computer;
    he uses free texts offered by his provider, via their website.
    u just reply to his phone. if his phone is off, theres nothing you can do.
    look him up on bebo or something. but its not going to solve anything.
    just get 4 guys to park up outside his house for a week.

Ok, thanks for that. He's 44, so bebo is out of the question! He used be a Garda and was the security manager where I work, thought he was trustworthy but obviously not....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Ok, thanks for that. He's 44, so bebo is out of the question! He used be a Garda and was the security manager where I work, thought he was trustworthy but obviously not....

How long ago did you loan him the money?

The end of May, he got let go from work in February due to the recession, so he had problems keeping up with his rent and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

So how did you expect him to repay the money?

To answer your question its impossible to text a computer.

Your best bet would be to call around to where he lives.

I expect him to repay the money because he's off having the life of riley, a holiday in Spain, off to a wedding yesterday, etc etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

I expect him to repay the money because he's off having the life of riley, a holiday in Spain, off to a wedding yesterday, etc etc...
    If you did get to meet him and you asked for the money, what are you going to do if he said I'm not going to pay it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

Small Claims court?

Or maybe Judge Judy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Saibh wrote: »
    If you did get to meet him and you asked for the money, what are you going to do if he said I'm not going to pay it back.
    There's nothing I could do I suppose, just put it down to bad luck. I don't trust men anyway, so I should have known not to hand it over....but you would assume somebody who worked as a Garda and Security manager might have been a little more honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

You're 21, he's 44.

Durty.

Advertisement