Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glass shard kills man in shop window

Options
  • 11-08-2009 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090811/tuk-glass-shard-kills-man-in-shop-window-dba1618.html

A man died when he was impaled on a large shard of glass after throwing a woman through a shop window in a row in the street.

The 30-year-old was seen arguing with the woman in the Regent Street area of London's West End shortly after 2am.

Witnesses told police he hurled the woman against the window of a branch of Banana Republic up to three times.

After several blows, the glass shattered and the couple fell through, leaving the man fatally wounded.

Members of the public flagged down police who went to the shop, at the junction of Regent Street and Great Marlborough Street.

Paramedics also attended but the man was pronounced dead at the scene. A post-mortem examination is due to take place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Haha, what a glass act

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

women always have to go one better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

She could have been Hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Panefull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭K-Ren

She probably wasn't finished shopping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Panefull

Wow..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

wrote:
    Witnesses told police he hurled the woman against the window of a branch of Banana Republic up to three times.

What a dickhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

he sounds like a glass half full kinda guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Her life must be shattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sometimes God punishes immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

Sounds like it was quite a mannequin-cident

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Magnus wrote: »
    Sometimes God punishes immediately.

who is this God person you speak of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Doctor Rob

What a silica(nt).

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Bet he didn't see that coming.

I'm probably going to get an ass whopping for this, but am I the only one that doesnt feel sorry about what happened to him? I mean of course what he was doing before hand doesnt equate being killed.. but he didn't seem to care what damage he could have done to her when he was slamming her against the glass. It must have taken some force to shatter it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I was on that street yesterday. :eek:
    Glad I didn't see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Abigayle wrote: »
    I'm probably going to get an ass whopping for this, but am I the only one that doesnt feel sorry about what happened to him? I mean of course what he was doing before hand doesnt equate being killed.. but he didn't seem to care what damage he could have done to her when he was slamming her against the glass. It must have taken some force to shatter it too.

But it wasn't his fault.........................................he was framed.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

You're not. Slamming someone into a pane of glass is inexcusable and also pretty moronic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Judging by the crack being had in prior posts, you're obviously not the only one! Besides by banging her against glass he was putting her life in danger... And 3 times? Taking the "crime of passion" defense a bit far...

It's one for the Darwin awards anyway

ejmaztec wrote: »
    But it wasn't his fault.........................................he was framed.:P

Good pun. Very sharp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

He should've at least aimed her at a jewelry store or off-license.

It's safe to say the world is better off without him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Saw somebody doing that to a bird in grafton st onec..she didnt actually break the glass but bounced into the street..when a few of us went to intervene the VICTIM got up off the ground and told us "leave my fcucking husband alone yis bollixes".

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    It's safe to say the world is better off without him.

She certainly is!

Imagine being a family memeber attending his funeral, standing there imagining the circumstances in which he died. And what the hell could they say during the mass?! He was a good man? He was a gentle soul? Thoughtful of others?

They'd be hard pressed to find something good to say about him, but no doubt put what he was doing before he died down to drink. This pisses me off even more, because anyone that tries to blame drink for their actions is an idiot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

What a smashing story

You can always depend on yahoo to be first with breaking news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

MarkR wrote: »
    Bet he didn't see that coming.
    He seen right through it!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gorjess-girlie

I heard she just stood there with her eyes glazed over....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Instant Karma

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭flushje

Good enough for the cnut

Advertisement