Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equestrian Photos Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Cossack at Clonmel show
    617537C800664CBE9BD90241BFDCF0A3-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ironia

oh.. nice shot Borderfox. Ihave seen this casak show 3 yeras ago, they performed at one of World Cups :) like!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Foals who eat their mothers.!!:eek::D;)

this is love..
    lg_13377371_IMG_2445_2.jpg?v=1

lg_13377361_IMG_2227_3.jpg?v=1

• Advertisement

RDS Failte Ireland Horse Show Launch
    59FFBDCF7BE54A2080F12F34DDFCE643-800.jpg

CFEA5BE2C00E4AE1A7B479B5ECC96768-800.jpg

1C255B02DE3840699181C682058F6392-800.jpg

River Foyle
    9D4F61D00DBB40E794D53A25A502B96B-800.jpg

Anna Byrne
    25690A8C35D3418ABA2F8460D590CA28-800.jpg

Borderfox wrote: »
    RDS Failte Ireland Horse Show Launch

:D:D just woke up. new pictures at the topic.. Dublin show is after two weeks.. first I think "was I sleepins for too long?" :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭xxkarenxx

Great photos of Anna, Borderfox :) Her and her family are good friends of mine.

Rest of the set is here http://pix.ie/keithjack/album/348877

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

My new horse arriving on monday. Just turned 5 in june. Cant wait to start working with him:D

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭lulubell

He's beautiful, congrats :)

Looks lovely li-evo7. have fun. Where was the first picture taken, looks familar..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

Looks lovely li-evo7. have fun. Where was the first picture taken, looks familar..

At a guess, i'd say mullingar equestrian centre, sand arena at the house?

A few from South County

BAAD50042271430A8120F9E7469A3753-800.jpg

7563D1CC2ABC426FA5A8C9C842F52A2E-800.jpg

0A641DCB3E654F2AA6EE27A2CA25D6AA-800.jpg

3DCEF58DEA60469B97F296D116066931-800.jpg

Not too sure where it was taken. That was the girl that used to ride him. He arrived yesterday so happy with him! He is stil sooo green on the flat though. Goes round with his head stuck up in the air and cant go in a straight line. Have a lot of work cut out for me but he will be some horse when I am finished. Starting my lessons with Niall Quirke next week:D

li-evo7 wrote: »
    Not too sure where it was taken. That was the girl that used to ride him. He arrived yesterday so happy with him! He is stil sooo green on the flat though. Goes round with his head stuck up in the air and cant go in a straight line. Have a lot of work cut out for me but he will be some horse when I am finished. Starting my lessons with Niall Quirke next week:D

Have fun :)

As always, amaing Keith!

Have fun :)

hey do you know wat company takes the photos of the show rings?? and do they have a website?they usually have their stand by the warm up beside the clock tower. my old pony was competing on wednesday and I want to see if they have a pic of her.

Penelo Leprevost - Longine Grand Prix of Ireland composite shot
    EEE3E92C381C468D9E5B05950066133B-800.jpg

• Advertisement

Peter Charles winner of the Six Bar competition on Thursday, some jump!!
    6D0E35C348314EC5BE55DBCC0297175C-800.jpg

Alex Duffy hangs on in the Puissance, he did stay on!!
    F65C9428D0DC4917932AD070EC6ECAD5-800.jpg

Supreme Champion Rosemary Connors on Woodfield Indio

From the Belfast Telegraph
    There were whoops of delight in the main arena of Dublin’s RDS on Saturday when a horse which sustained slash wounds to its body last week was crowned Supreme Champion Hunter of the show.

Rosemary Connors from Waterford was horrified to discover her horse Woodfield Indio with slash wounds under its blanket at the Dublin Horse Show on Thursday morning.

The Cork Hunter champion went on to compete in his class and finished second after the attack thanks to veterinary care from Rosemary's vet and grooms. Lots of ice for two days and tender loving care saw Indio look a million dollars as he made a fantastic comeback to take the supreme title over class and weight winners.

Rosemary had tears in her eyes as the panel of judges, which included former Olympic three day eventer Ian Stark, gave Indio the nod to step forward for supreme title of the show.

The horse — which impressed with his huge gallop in front of the grandstand, with his gashes visible only close up — took the main title over all the red riband and weight winners, something which rarely happens in show hunter championships.

The judges’ decision, however, did not impress some spectators who had tipped the red riband weight winners as champions. Altogether, the injured horse Indio collected the Perpetual RDS Hunter Championship cup, the Michael Hickey Cup and the Samuel Ussher Roberts Cup.

Meanwhile, the RDS issued a statement regarding their security arrangements after the alleged horse slashing incident and a case where two horses were nearly stolen from the showgrounds on Thursday.

A spokesman said: “The RDS puts great importance on security at the Dublin Horse Show. Following the incident the RDS implemented more security to ensure no further incidences occurred.”

7473DF0CCAA8496D91A31B32C682B5F1-800.jpg

Close up of the stitches
    2A6BB66331544959B2DE2CF4BD11842C-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭HarcourtGreen

I have a few photos from the Nations Cup as well as the 128cm pony jump-off from last friday at the rds. They are all on my site.

DSC_7596.jpg
    DSC_7923.jpg[/QUOTE]

Racehorse to Riding Horse, such a pity I couldnt see more of this class but such a large amount of people having a look.

Castle Native
    B1BFB6EAF57345CBAA1F1027DF47BBA0-800.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Racehorse to Riding Horse, such a pity I couldnt see more of this class but such a large amount of people having a look.

Castle Native
    B1BFB6EAF57345CBAA1F1027DF47BBA0-800.jpg

I know the girl who's in the photo - I think she'd be pleased with it! :)

The racehorse class was one of the few where it was difficult to find a spot close to the rails - I was there by 1pm and the only space I could find was between Ring 1 and the warm up for the main arena!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Supreme Champion Rosemary Connors on Woodfield Indio

From the Belfast Telegraph
    There were whoops of delight in the main arena of Dublin’s RDS on Saturday when a horse which sustained slash wounds to its body last week was crowned Supreme Champion Hunter of the show.

Rosemary Connors from Waterford was horrified to discover her horse Woodfield Indio with slash wounds under its blanket at the Dublin Horse Show on Thursday morning.

The Cork Hunter champion went on to compete in his class and finished second after the attack thanks to veterinary care from Rosemary's vet and grooms. Lots of ice for two days and tender loving care saw Indio look a million dollars as he made a fantastic comeback to take the supreme title over class and weight winners.

Rosemary had tears in her eyes as the panel of judges, which included former Olympic three day eventer Ian Stark, gave Indio the nod to step forward for supreme title of the show.

The horse — which impressed with his huge gallop in front of the grandstand, with his gashes visible only close up — took the main title over all the red riband and weight winners, something which rarely happens in show hunter championships.

The judges’ decision, however, did not impress some spectators who had tipped the red riband weight winners as champions. Altogether, the injured horse Indio collected the Perpetual RDS Hunter Championship cup, the Michael Hickey Cup and the Samuel Ussher Roberts Cup.

Meanwhile, the RDS issued a statement regarding their security arrangements after the alleged horse slashing incident and a case where two horses were nearly stolen from the showgrounds on Thursday.

A spokesman said: “The RDS puts great importance on security at the Dublin Horse Show. Following the incident the RDS implemented more security to ensure no further incidences occurred.”

7473DF0CCAA8496D91A31B32C682B5F1-800.jpg

Close up of the stitches
    2A6BB66331544959B2DE2CF4BD11842C-800.jpg

I was surprised that he didn't win the class when watching it and was really pleased that he won the Supreme Hunter - I didn't realise till I read the Irish Field later that day that he had been injured. I was also impressed with the judges that they had the confidence to reverse their decision - it's not something you see too often, but I think in this case it was the right one.

I was watching it under the Anglesea stand and everyone around me really felt he was the better horse - he really showed himself beautifully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Here's some of my photos from the RDS, most from the Accumulator competition.
    The photos went a bit unclear when I uploaded them to photobucket though:(

3812828314_6ee47f4a23_b.jpg

3812799962_c1708c8a09_b.jpg

3812818762_58649d30ac_b.jpg

Very nice Censorsh!t well timed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭fits

convert wrote: »
    I know the girl who's in the photo - I think she'd be pleased with it! :)

The racehorse class was one of the few where it was difficult to find a spot close to the rails - I was there by 1pm and the only space I could find was between Ring 1 and the warm up for the main arena!

Ach I must have been standing very close to you! really enjoyed that class.

Advertisement