Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Achtung! Young wans singin on de bus

Options
  • 01-08-2009 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure what it is like outside The Pale but inside, there is a new breed of scumbag invading the quiet sanctuary of our public transport system. Armed with their mobile phones on full volume and an array of "hits" from Rihanna to Whitney Houston, these teenage scumwitches crowd the back of Dublin buses and passionately sing to the tune of their favourites while destroying the ear drums of those close by.

It seems every bus journey I take these days at a reasonable hour is destroyed by these feckin' gobsheens who think they are gods gift to singing while sounding like Shane MacGowan on helium - even regular scum are deterred from sitting upstairs because of these vocal bandits.

I never thought I would say this but bring back the good oul days when all you had to block out was the sound of Jonser and Tony at the back of the bus fighting over the last can of Dutchy G - at least there was a bit of humour in that!

Anyone else experience Bus Idol yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭greyed

I bleedin luv riyannih!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Dissapointing, i missed out on being the 1st post and getting thanks somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Contact IRMA, they're good at getting rid of free "music".

http://www.irma.ie/index2.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

"Dublin Bus - bringing annoying and annoyed passengers all over the city."

There ye go boss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I can't believe that you threw Shane MacGowan under the bus with these tone deaf banshees.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Well, on the 65 at least, it's not the tallaght heads doing it, it's the little terenure bizches.

Dumb teenage girls are dumb teenage girls, whether they're parents are on welfare or driving a Benz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Possible solution:

Bring back the days of the "over the shoulder carrying Boombox".

Enter designated bus/train/luas with said Boombox.

Proceed to the end of the transport and sit with the local "talent".

Insert tape cassette of Luciano Pavarotti and press "Play".

Ensure volume is high enough to drown out imminent and local passengers.
    - Alternatively, other tapes can also be used. Such as "Learning to Speak
    German", or you could be more creative and loop your own voice saying "My music will always be louder than yours".

Place Boombox neatly on your lap for comfort as the journey will, undoubtedly, be very long. Or, direct speakers toward the ones who need attention.

If there is continued disruption, increase volume accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

Havent experienced "Bus idol" as you call it but i do find the amount of knacker teens playing "choons" really loud on their phones at the back of the bus seriously annoying. I'd love to smack some manners into the little bastards:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Damn them and their musical ways. Shouldn't they be out terrorising oap's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I bet it's almost as annoying as reading threads about it

buy a car or deal with it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

ONLY SOLUTION:
    Remove lad from trousers, walk towards them slowly while swingin it around and singing the Barney the dinosaur song.
    Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I bet it's almost as annoying as reading threads about it

buy a car or deal with it tbh

You choose to read or dont read :D

I though it funny in my day they smoked spliffs and we all missed or stops and usually arrived home "Starrvvviinnnnn"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I'm not sure what it is like outside The Pale but inside, there is a new breed of scumbag invading the quiet sanctuary of our public transport system. Armed with their mobile phones on full volume and an array of "hits" from Rihanna to Whitney Houston, these teenage scumwitches crowd the back of Dublin buses and passionately sing to the tune of their favourites while destroying the ear drums of those close by.

You think that's bad OP? I was on the hour-long bus journey into town* from the arse-end of nowhere on wednesday when an elderly gentleman pulled out an accordion near the top of the bus and started to play some trad jig and/or reel very, very badly. Then a girl sitting at the back of the bus, who clearly has some mental illness issues, started to scream "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!" at what I could only guess to be the trad player (couldn't say for sure, she's done it unprovoked far often before). She was screaming loud enough for me in the middle to hear her but not loud enough for the tone-deaf old bastard at the front to hear her. This went on uninterrupted for nearly the whole journey. :mad:

*Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

At least you have a free travel pass at your age though, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

This is why I always bring my ipod with me whenever I have the misfortune of having to use public transport in Dublin.
    The same people seem to have the same volume problems with their voices for general chat!

Dean09 wrote: »
    ONLY SOLUTION:
    Remove lad from trousers, walk towards them slowly while swingin it around and singing the Barney the dinosaur song.
    Job done.

Always wondered where these psychos got their ideas...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I was getting a bus from Ballina to Dublin once and these scumbags (a father and son duo) got on, played Eminem, Tiesto, etc. from their phones for the entire journey bar a few seconds where the son (who was about six) paused a Chris Brown song to tell his father "Ya know da, I would never lay a hand on a woman". Most head-wrecking four hours of my life.

FAO My Name is URL:
    Advise this scum to steal a car and get them off public transport, neither group have money but at least they have the know how and morale to do this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

It's not just isolated to the buses....they're on the DART too! :mad:

Jen ;->

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

I was getting a bus from Ballina to Dublin once and these scumbags (a father and son duo) got on, played Eminem, Tiesto, etc. from their phones for the entire journey bar a few seconds where the son (who was about six) paused a Chris Brown song to tell his father "Ya know da, I would never lay a hand on a woman". Most head-wrecking four hours of my life.

FAO My Name is URL:
    Advise this scum to steal a car and get them off public transport, neither group have money but at least they have the know how and morale to do this :D

Ah. Theres your problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Ah. Theres your problem.

Out of the frying pan into the fire, so to speak :(

The real problem was I forgot my shotgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

You think that's bad OP? I was on the hour-long bus journey into town from the arse-end of nowhere* on wednesday when an elderly gentleman pulled out an accordion near the top of the bus and started to play some trad jig and/or reel very, very badly. Then a girl sitting at the back of the bus, who clearly has some mental illness issues, started to scream "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!" at what I could only guess to be the trad player (couldn't say for sure, she's done it unprovoked far often before). She was screaming loud enough for me in the middle to hear her but not loud enough for the tone-deaf old bastard at the front to hear her. This went on uninterrupted for nearly the whole journey. :mad:

*Galway.

Just a slight correction.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Kolo

These phones with loud microphones are a curse. Never mind singing, but what sort of idiot thinks it's a good idea to play their music loud through their phones on a bus?

Kolo wrote: »
    These phones with loud microphones are a curse. Never mind singing, but what sort of idiot (and) thinks it's a good idea to play their music loud through their phones on a bus?

I have highlighted two mistakes with your post.

Firstly, these "people" are not idiots. They belong to a social class known as the scum of society. Infact, calling them an idiot or a retard is neither justified or remotely accurate, as we all know people with retardation still have some hope and can be admired for what they achieve in life, considering their unfortunate start. They care not for those around them, or themselves for that matter, and really don't give a **** what you think about their "choons" because as far as they are concerned, "they're bleedin' rapid" singers.

Secondly, they don't think. They act. Primitive instinct. Recalcitrant people can only be responded too with greater alpha male reactions, then you are the one who will become "bleedin' rapid" or a "fookin' mad yoke" (a.k.a Leader), in their eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

God the Dublin-orientation of this forum is getting worse! Me, a regular joe soap Bus Eireann passenger, has come across this. Me, being a regular joe soap, didn't burst into tears and get in a hissy and post on boards. Think you've had problems? Try sitting beside a transvestite for 30 minutes. In my experience with this fancy smancy Dublin Bus I have yet to experience one of these scumbags in the back playing bangin choonz on their phone. Although, I'm not aware of any of their routes that can last more than 30 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Liber8or wrote: »
    I have highlighted two mistakes with your post.

Firstly, these "people" are not idiots. They belong to a social class known as the scum of society. Infact, calling them an idiot or a retard is neither justified or remotely accurate, as we all know people with retardation still have some hope and can be admired for what they achieve in life, considering their unfortunate start. They care not for those around them, or themselves for that matter, and really don't give a **** what you think about their "choons" because as far as they are concerned, "they're bleedin' rapid" singers.

Secondly, they don't think. They act. Primitive instinct. Recalcitrant people can only be responded too with greater alpha male reactions, then you are the one who will become "bleedin' rapid" or a "fookin' mad yoke" (a.k.a Leader), in their eyes.

What have I created? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

jumpguy wrote: »
    God the Dublin-orientation of this forum is getting worse! Me, a regular joe soap Bus Eireann passenger, has come across this. Me, being a regular joe soap, didn't burst into tears and get in a hissy and post on boards. Think you've had problems? Try sitting beside a transvestite for 30 minutes. In my experience with this fancy smancy Dublin Bus I have yet to experience one of these scumbags in the back playing bangin choonz on their phone. Although, I'm not aware of any of their routes that can last more than 30 minutes.

Why did you try that? :confused:

Were you 'experimenting'?

How did it work out for the two of you?

P.C. wrote: »

Good question. Also, can I ask "Pics or it didn't happen"?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

P.C. wrote: »

No but I think he (unless it was an extremely ugly woman) was. :(

*runs off crying*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

"Ya know da, I would never lay a hand on a woman".

How heart-warming.

Advertisement