Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Irish Vanilla Coke Hunt

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Vanilla Coke was really nice, glad to see it back.

Dr. Pepper is fizzy Benylin.

Orange Aquarius tastes like orange Tic-Tacs and is divine. Never could find it in Ireland though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Surely if you put vanilla in coke it would go all clumpy and you couldn't sor.......

Oh never mind :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Have a captain morgans spiced rum and coke. It tastes exactly like vanilla coke. With the added advantage of getting you locked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

Terry wrote: »
    Muck.
    Cherry coke is far superior.

mmmmm cherry and vanilla coke :):):) jizz in my pants icon? :):):):cool:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

KTRIC wrote: »
    Surely if you put vanilla in coke it would go all clumpy and you couldn't sor.......

Oh never mind :cool:

I've just put some vanilla flavouring into a bottle of coca cola, 4 drops of it. WIN!!! it works!!! tastes exactly like vanilla coke!! :cool:

http://web1.twitpic.com/img/18821162-ad86916cef48f73a790e306601c82ad9.4a66f377-full.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,812 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

mmmmm cherry and vanilla coke :):):) jizz in my pants icon? :):):):cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Is it really back? I absolutely loved vanilla coke. Always craving it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Terry wrote: »
    Pepsi is dirt.

Pepsi is not dirt.

Genericguy and his children, and his children's children banned for disagreeing with Uncle Terry. For one week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

I hope this is true.

How are people comparing Vanilla Coke to Dr. Pepper in all fairness?

Dr. Pepper is just plain wrong.

Discontinuation

Doubt was cast over the future of Vanilla Coke and its splinter beverages when the company announced the 2004 sales figures: 35 million unit cases in North America compared to 90 million in 2002; Vanilla Diet Coke dropped from 23 million unit cases in its inaugural year (2003) to 13 in 2004.[2]
    On 3 November 2005, The Coca-Cola Company announced that Vanilla Coke and its diet counterpart would be discontinued in the United Kingdom and Ireland by early 2006. A day later it was announced that it would be phased out in North America by the end of 2005.
    Coca-Cola introduced Black Cherry Vanilla Coke and Diet Black Cherry Vanilla Coke in North America in January 2006. The company said Vanilla Coke and Diet Vanilla Coke may be made available again in the future:[2] "We are exploring ways to bring them back at another time, but right now Diet Black Cherry Vanilla Coke and Black Cherry Vanilla Coke are what consumers are telling us they want."[10] Vanilla Coke beverages were never discontinued in some markets such as Australia, France, Russia and Germany.

Reintroduction

From 19 February 2007, Vanilla Coke was re-introduced into New Zealand.[11] As of May 2007 Coca-Cola Vanilla was re-introduced into the US.I][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed"]citation needed[/URL][/I A Coca-Cola Vanilla Zero has also been introduced. The re-released Coca-Cola Vanilla features a new packaging design. Vanilla Coke was also introduced to China in 2007. Now it is also being sold in other countries.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola_Vanilla#Reintroduction

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    what i'd love to get is vitamin water. i've only ever seen one person drinking it and when i asked her where she got it she told me she was handed it in the street..

I had some of that here in the uk a few months back.
    Thought it would be nice.
    It was awful.
    It was like someone had watered down lemon kia ora, popped a crushed paracetemol in there and then took a wee in it.
    To make matters worse this crap cost £1.90
    Never again. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

**** coke

I want root beer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    what i'd love to get is vitamin water. i've only ever seen one person drinking it and when i asked her where she got it she told me she was handed it in the street..

Nah man. You want this

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Poll??? Petition!?!? Bring it back! Bring it back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

CHD wrote: »
    I got some in chartbusters once.

Woah woah, keep your private life to yourself :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

could this be the form of the reintroduction?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I've not seen it in the cash and carry the last time I was in there.

That vitamin water is muck. Pissy muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭IsMiseConor

They sell Coke Cherry in a supermarket called JC's in Swords... imported from England. Would love some Coke Vanilla though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Really hope Vanilla coke is coming back :) Yummy yummy stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Vanilla Coke is teh sex. It's the best thing to mix with vodka ever.

Dr. Pepper is the slops from the Coke factory, mixed with the arse sweat of its overworked employees. If you like it, there's something seriously wrong with you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

They did a big launch for Aquarius about 18 months ago, then it disappeared without a trace. I enjoyed my many free bottles I was given around Stephens Green though.

Cherry Coke is pretty easy to find, most Boots do it, and other shops that source their drinks from the UK. Dunno why people are comparing Vanilla Coke and Dr Pepper, it's more like Cherry.

Hopefully Vanilla Coke will be back, I've tried adding vanilla essence and it's not quite the same, Coke + Absolut Vanilla is great though, but not ideal for lunchtime!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Vanilla Ice cream with coke poured over it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Coffee flavoured Pepsi is the reason why I am missing one appendix.... fact... apparently...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

i have some pepsi sliding dowh my throat at the minute :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I could murder some Vanilla Coke. It rocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

Vanilla coke was delicious! When you opened the can, the first sip was always the nicest. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

could this be the form of the reintroduction?

That man has scary dead eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

TomCo wrote: »
    That man has scary dead eyes.

Great, nightmares for the night sorted then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lynchpin

Anyone spot this yet? No sign of it yet in the Dublin 8 area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

weeder wrote: »
    i have some pepsi sliding dowh my throat at the minute :D

Get out with your Pepsi!!!

:)

Advertisement